ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Selfies (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1033972-selfies.html)

jaygsi 18 January 2016 12:57 PM

Selfies

I don't understand them. Why do so many people take them? I could understand if your a model and your trying to drum up business, but when people you know just post random pics of themselves? WE KNOW WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE.

To me it just makes me think there doing it because they have the head up there bums or just plain weird :cuckoo: And the weirdest thing is no one gets the mick taken out of them for doing so.

JackClark 18 January 2016 01:07 PM

If any friends have an iPhone and you just happen to have access to it take a look in the 'Selfies' folder in Photos, always fun. Like passport pictures on steroids.

wayne9t9 18 January 2016 02:24 PM

http://cdn.lolzbook.com/wp-content/u...llustrated.jpg

The Trooper 1815 18 January 2016 04:04 PM

Egotistic, self obsessed, sado's.

jaygsi 18 January 2016 08:47 PM

Even seen lads doing it though. Taking a picture with no purpose no reason, nothing funny happening. I just don't get it at all. Thats why i stay away from facemuck, or i'd be giving my mates abuse all day lol

The Dogs B******s 18 January 2016 08:58 PM

It's just a fad, something else come along soon and take over.

CutMasterT 18 January 2016 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11784250)

Absolutely spot on!

dpb 18 January 2016 09:28 PM

Reasonable selfie opportunity

JackClark 18 January 2016 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My favorite selfie from last year, there were some shockers too.

Attachment 73887

Turbohot 19 January 2016 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11784576)
Even seen lads doing it though. Taking a picture with no purpose no reason, nothing funny happening. I just don't get it at all. Thats why i stay away from facemuck, or i'd be giving my mates abuse all day lol

Of course they do! This selfie obsession isn't just a female thing. It's like Facebook. Plenty of men p7ssing about on there, it's not just a WI thing, is it.

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11784644)

https://i.imgur.com/R7oB5Xn.jpg

Is it a GoPro selfie or an iPhone one?

Turbohot 19 January 2016 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by wayne9t9 (Post 11784186)

Cat looks stone sober, but the dog certainly looks plastered.

dpb 19 January 2016 04:16 AM

IPhone generation

JackClark 19 January 2016 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11784749)

Is it a GoPro selfie or an iPhone one?

iPhone, look in my glasses. And a proper posed selfie.

Turbohot 19 January 2016 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11784772)
iPhone, look in my glasses. And a proper posed selfie.

Got it! Good selfie. :thumb:

mrtheedge2u2 19 January 2016 09:24 AM

I was expecting to see CJ de Mooi

Turbohot 19 January 2016 02:18 PM

This thread encouraged me to Google selfies. I found this one quite funny:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a8e1173599.jpg

LSherratt 19 January 2016 05:39 PM

Didn't realise you did paramotoring, Jack? My Dad used to do it 15 years ago and gave it up 5 years ago due to age. He had a standard paramotor, a tandem trike and also a microlight. I never went in the microlight but went up several times in the tandem trike. Had to do a private pilots license and all for the microlight but I think he enjoyed the paramotor the most due to how low you could go. I'll never forget the day in the trike when the weather suddenly turned and we had to emergency land ASAP in a random field. Damn that was scary as hell as with the trike you need a slight runway unlike the paramotor where you can virtually land on the spot.

edit: In fact, I did go up in the microlight just the once but it was only for a short ride.

bioforger 19 January 2016 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11784250)

This, the end.

JackClark 20 January 2016 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11785156)
Didn't realise you did paramotoring, Jack? My Dad used to do it 15 years ago and gave it up 5 years ago due to age. njoyed the paramotor the most due to how low you could go.

Over ten years now, infrequent with power but paraglide as much as the weather allows. Low and slow on a paramotor is incredible. The law is more relaxed on trikes now, but it's still a pain to get licensed, I'll go that route eventually as my knees won't take it for ever.

JackClark 20 January 2016 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11785219)
This, the end.

Obviously an ugly man 👍😃

Turbohot 20 January 2016 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11785543)
Obviously an ugly man ����

:lol:

I think the OP highlights the obsession with taking one's own picture several times and putting it out with hardly any varied or mildly interesting point to make, other than their need to get the attention for their pretty (as they may believe) face. IMO it doesn't essentially mean that they're so super-confident and arrogant about their looks, it could be quite the opposite hence the need for repeated approval from others.

So far the low profile ones are concerened, that doesn't necessary mean that they're so down to earth non-attention seeker non-chavs. You're right, Jack, that they could simply be either butt fugly or dodgy hence the mask of privacy and fear of others gorping at their naked subconscious via the pic of their mortal exterior.

dpb 20 January 2016 02:34 PM

Nah , jacks clearly got issues, I mean apart from the "i" obsession

Turbohot 20 January 2016 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11785565)
Nah , jacks clearly got issues, I mean apart from the "i" obsession

That's ^ very clever LOL :D, but in the context of the love for one's selfie display, he doesn't qualify as an obsessed one. He doesn't inundate this SN with his similar selfies all the time. Regarding posting his selfie on this thread, he atually has balls to do that, and his selfie also shows what an intersting hobbies he has; in addition to allow other posters to put his cool face on his name. If you have balls, post your selfie here. :thumb:

bioforger 20 January 2016 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11785543)
Obviously an ugly man 👍😃

lol have a look in the mirror :lol1:

jaygsi 20 January 2016 06:51 PM

Think its just funny that everyone excepts it as normal. But if i went posting pictures of myself on lamp posts all around town, people would think i'd lost it. Just because its on the net no one says anything.

I slightly understand it if you have an amazing back ground behind you, even then everyone knows what you look like so why not just take picture of view, or your doing something really funny or crazy.

But people just take shelfies of anything, i think women are the worst. Just random pictures of themselves doing nothing of any interest, just different poses on different days?????????????

Self obsessed or have no confidence and feel need for approval, got to much time on there hands or just copy everyone else and have no idea what a selfie is for lol

bioforger 20 January 2016 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11785670)
Self obsessed or have no confidence and feel need for approval, got to much time on there hands or just copy everyone else and have no idea what a selfie is for lol

Yep all of the above. Wait... i've just given you approval, are you shy but happy now? attention whore :)

Scooby.Newbie 20 January 2016 07:51 PM

Agree with all the above, don't get it.

I have never been on Facebook, although the misses uses it but has given up on delivering a running commentary on the benign happenings of friends and family as she know the reception it gets.

Don't think I have ever taken a selfie either, if anyone is interested I normally look like this :beer:

Edited to say, that is me on he left :D

jaygsi 22 January 2016 11:27 AM

I've just been for a victory run :lol1:

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11785678)
Yep all of the above. Wait... i've just given you approval, are you shy but happy now? attention whore :)

BoozyDave 23 January 2016 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11784644)

https://i.imgur.com/R7oB5Xn.jpg

Looks like a nice landscape, but we can't see it because you took the picture like a portrait :lol1:

Do you have your TV on it's side in portrait too???

JackClark 24 January 2016 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by BoozyDave (Post 11786946)
Looks like a nice landscape, but we can't see it because you took the picture like a portrait :lol1:

Do you have your TV on it's side in portrait too???

That's how you selfie doofus.

Here's a couple from the same flight to keep you happy.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...bb03076bdc.jpg

M40 Oxfordshire.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...b3a0bc785c.jpg

Oxfordshire Golf Course