ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Apple to make more money by changing a port??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1033594-apple-to-make-more-money-by-changing-a-port.html)

pimmo2000 08 January 2016 07:43 AM

Apple to make more money by changing a port???

Shocking news ..

http://www.unilad.co.uk/pics/leaked-...e-arent-happy/

Not like Apple to do something for the money :thumb:

JackClark 08 January 2016 08:59 AM

Such arseholes. They did the same to Floppy disks and CD drives, we're all out of pocket for that **** up.

**jay** 08 January 2016 09:11 AM

If thats true then ill never be buying one, i have a great pair of hd 25 sennheiser headphone and no way im paying for another set that i dont need.

JackClark 08 January 2016 09:50 AM

Those headphones do look awesome, but do you really plug them into your phone? I'm pretty sure they come with a 3.5 to 6.5 adaptor already, one more won't hurt :thumb:

LSherratt 08 January 2016 11:02 AM

Welcome back Jack :D

JackClark 08 January 2016 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11779923)
Welcome back Jack :D

Shining a positive light since 2000 with a few breaks to make the mods feel powerful.

dpb 08 January 2016 01:57 PM

Theres no fooking point anway , theres no radio :rolleyes:

one of those extras you pay for

JackClark 08 January 2016 02:47 PM

There's no Teasmade either, what wankers making you pay extra for tea.

Tidgy 08 January 2016 03:38 PM

wow where you been jack, everything ok?

JackClark 08 January 2016 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11780031)
wow where you been jack, everything ok?

Got banned for asking where I can steal things, others were at it so I did too. That was disrespecting the Mod's time apparently. 3 months, you get less for feeling up a German.

**jay** 08 January 2016 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11779895)
Those headphones do look awesome, but do you really plug them into your phone? I'm pretty sure they come with a 3.5 to 6.5 adaptor already, one more won't hurt :thumb:

Lol only in the house(use them for djing great quality) if im out and about then use the apple ones still think its poor they will remove the jack as also plug into aux in the truck at work.

dpb 08 January 2016 04:17 PM

I don't think ANYONE is going to naturally expect a teasmaid on board mobile phone

JackClark 08 January 2016 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by **jay** (Post 11780041)
Lol only in the house(use them for djing great quality) if im out and about then use the apple ones still think its poor they will remove the jack as also plug into aux in the truck at work.

It's all just clickbait at the moment, there are however benefits if they do, power for noise cancelling headphones and digital come to mind. Maybe they'll go with USB-C bit too fat though.

JackClark 08 January 2016 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11780055)
I don't think ANYONE is going to naturally expect a teasmaid on board mobile phone

If Android does it then so should iOS right?

http://www.richardearley.co.uk/teasmade

Markus 08 January 2016 06:21 PM

One presumes that if this happens, there will be a 3.5mm to lightning adapter available (doubt it'll ship with a new phone though) to allow to use your existing headphones with the lightning only phones.

One also presumes that new headphones will come with an adapter as well, otherwise they are limiting what you can use them with.

Having read a little, it seems that power from the phone can be used, so the headphones could feature noise cancelling tech, powered by the phone, rather than having to charge the headphones themselves.

I recall reading somewhere that one of the remaining limits when it comes to the thickness of the phone is the 3.5mm headphone jack, so to get a thinner phone (if you really need one) you need to do something about that, and your options are limited.

JackClark 09 January 2016 01:16 AM

https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8.../el-8-titanium

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-e...o-battery-free

pimmo2000 09 January 2016 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11779885)
Such arseholes. They did the same to Floppy disks and CD drives, we're all out of pocket for that **** up.

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11780021)
There's no Teasmade either, what wankers making you pay extra for tea.

Do you not see the difference between appreciating a product and being a fanboy?

I have to think this is an elaborate plan to troll people, either you're smart and sat there laughing at us .. or you really have lost it.

JackClark 09 January 2016 09:18 AM

I think you're a ****, sensational clickbait title, link to a comedy site, nothing better to do with your time.

I see great benefits in something other than 100 year old tech, if you really want to be stuck in the past how about not having a mobile phone at all, wait till you get home and use the land line, that way you'll have less to moan about.

stevebt 09 January 2016 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by **jay** (Post 11779886)
If thats true then ill never be buying one, i have a great pair of hd 25 sennheiser headphone and no way im paying for another set that i dont need.

Surely its just a new lead, I have Beats studio and it is just a new lead for those to plug into a new port.

dpb 09 January 2016 12:56 PM

if id attempted to look at this on iPhone 4g id probably been whisked off to some serious advertising and then direct to apple app store

without even clicking anything at all !

JackClark 09 January 2016 01:07 PM

Never happens to anyone I know, never, you should talk to your mobile data provider, sounds like they're injecting malicious advertising.

dpb 09 January 2016 01:21 PM

its happened to stevebt on here , the other side of America !

dpb 09 January 2016 01:23 PM

youre taken straight off to willam hill betting app

JackClark 09 January 2016 02:56 PM

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/...ight-earpieces

Sweet.

JackClark 09 January 2016 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11780391)
youre taken straight off to willam hill betting app

No, no I'm not. Have you installed a content blocker yet?

dpb 09 January 2016 03:22 PM

Don't tell me , there's an ( undoubtedly paid for ) app for that

JackClark 09 January 2016 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11780436)
Don't tell me , there's an ( undoubtedly paid for ) app for that

You can block content without an app, but it's very boring.

pimmo2000 10 January 2016 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11780313)
I think you're a ****, sensational clickbait title, link to a comedy site, nothing better to do with your time.

I see great benefits in something other than 100 year old tech, if you really want to be stuck in the past how about not having a mobile phone at all, wait till you get home and use the land line, that way you'll have less to moan about.

Jesus you really are an Apple whore .. you actually believe they are doing it for the benefit of the masses.

Add in insulting me for having an option.. brilliant.

JackClark 10 January 2016 09:48 AM

Nothing to do with Apple, if you posted about Google in the same fashion I'd still think you were a ****. What's super amusing is in one sentence you berate me for having an opinion then in the next moan about the same thing.

And yes, I do think replacing something with something better is beneficial.

pimmo2000 10 January 2016 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11780719)
Nothing to do with Apple, if you posted about Google in the same fashion I'd still think you were a ****. What's super amusing is in one sentence you berate me for having an opinion then in the next moan about the same thing.

And yes, I do think replacing something with something better is beneficial.

idiot