ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Anybody using a Competition Clutch stage 4 ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/1033444-anybody-using-a-competition-clutch-stage-4-a.html)

Dubzy 03 January 2016 10:47 PM

Anybody using a Competition Clutch stage 4 ??

Im looking at clutch options and just wandering if anybody is using the stage 4, 6 puck sprung clutch from Competition Clutch ??

Priced at just £425 seems very cheap.. Ive done a bit of searching and found a few bad reviews but they're all mainly from several years ago so im wandering if they've improved.

It will be used for drag and track action but still need to it be road compliant and able to cope with close to 700bhp.

Cheers Dubzy

banny sti 05 January 2016 09:34 AM

I think someone on here did buy one and it did not fit very well dubz, stick with an ACT my friend :)

S744hdv 05 January 2016 11:49 AM

I've got the 5 speed version,only running 380/380 through it at the moment.Not sure what it would be like at 700 but you're welcome to come and try it if you want, don't think I'm too far from you.

Dubzy 05 January 2016 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11778602)
I think someone on here did buy one and it did not fit very well dubz, stick with an ACT my friend :)

I was researching the ACT mate and stumbled across the comp stage 4, If it lived up to its claims then it sounds like its worth a punt but i dont want to be the guinea pig and end up replacing it shortly after.

Originally Posted by S744hdv (Post 11778658)
I've got the 5 speed version,only running 380/380 through it at the moment.Not sure what it would be like at 700 but you're welcome to come and try it if you want, don't think I'm too far from you.

Thanks for the offer buddy, how do you find it in traffic and pulling away as ive read reports of it been a bit of a pig and hard to pull off without kangarooing.

chrispy200+ 05 January 2016 05:56 PM

I had a stage 5 I think it was, 6 paddle version for a 5 speed that then went into the 6 speed.
Wasn't impressed with it, handled the torque fine but it was a pig and seemed to not be happy when hot
This was a while ago now I bought it, about 5 years ago

Dubzy 05 January 2016 06:08 PM

Thanks for the input, to be fair all the bad reports i read were from some time ago so maybe they've improved some what.

AS Performance 05 January 2016 06:26 PM

we dont stock, recommend or offer CC but we do offer various others

make of that what you will..........;)

S744hdv 05 January 2016 06:27 PM

I must admit it can get tiresome in stop start traffic but I don't know if it's any better or worse than any other similarly specced clutches out there as this is the only one I've tried so far.
Pulling away is fine,takes more concentration than with a standard clutch but wether its any better or worse than any other paddle clutch again I wouldn't know.
Also just to add I'm by no means the greatest driver in the world so someone with more experience may get on even better with it.

Dubzy 05 January 2016 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by AS Performance (Post 11778829)
we dont stock, recommend or offer CC but we do offer various others

make of that what you will..........;)

I think i will be going with the ACT Alyn, i will add it to the list when i mail you :)

Originally Posted by S744hdv (Post 11778831)
I must admit it can get tiresome in stop start traffic but I don't know if it's any better or worse than any other similarly specced clutches out there as this is the only one I've tried so far.
Pulling away is fine,takes more concentration than with a standard clutch but wether its any better or worse than any other paddle clutch again I wouldn't know.
Also just to add I'm by no means the greatest driver in the world so someone with more experience may get on even better with it.

Cheers buddy. Think im gona go with something thats tried and tested at decent power levels, i dont want to risk the hassle of having to pull it out again.

bustaMOVEs 05 January 2016 07:27 PM

Look into the extreme clutch if act too much money's.

I'm in process of removing my brand new CC due to engagement issues, and go from there.

AS Performance 06 January 2016 05:50 PM

yes we stock EXTEME also and find them far better than CC......