ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Leasing deals (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/1032641-leasing-deals.html)

ditchmyster 06 December 2015 07:41 PM

Leasing deals

Thinking about possibly going the leasing route for the Mrs if I can find something decent for sub £100 per month.

Anyone got any recommendations of good companies they've used and what sort of deals they have seen.

Obviously in that price range I'm not after anything fancy but it does need to be 5 doors.

Best I have seen so far is Nissan Note or Duke for £95 a month.

All help and advice appreciated. :)

Kedlestone 06 December 2015 07:46 PM

I've found the below very good for current deals..

https://www.nationwidevehiclecontrac...leasing-offers

taylor85 06 December 2015 08:57 PM

I was looking at leasing my wife a juke seems a very cheap way of motoring !

b3nmw 06 December 2015 09:02 PM

My Mrs is thinking of the leasing route as well.

coupe_20vt 08 December 2015 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11768944)
Best I have seen so far is Nissan Note or Duke for £95 a month.

Do you mean a Juke?

Where have you seen one for sub 100 a month???

Littleted 08 December 2015 03:31 PM

Ditchy the Peugeot 108 is cheap you can also get Fiat 500s cheap.
Failing that the VXR corsa is only 169 quid i think...

Mates just got a X5 for 660 :)
http://www.evanshalshaw.com/brands/p...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

ditchmyster 08 December 2015 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Littleted (Post 11769634)
Ditchy the Peugeot 108 is cheap you can also get Fiat 500s cheap.
Failing that the VXR corsa is only 169 quid i think...

Mates just got a X5 for 660 :)
http://www.evanshalshaw.com/brands/p...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

Both a bit too small for the mrs unfortunately, but the VXR appeals to me. :lol1: a little tempted to remove my AP's cash in the WRX and rent one for a couple of years. :Suspiciou

scoobyboy1 12 December 2015 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11769704)
Both a bit too small for the mrs unfortunately, but the VXR appeals to me. :lol1: a little tempted to remove my AP's cash in the WRX and rent one for a couple of years. :Suspiciou

We have just leased a Corsa VXR and im very impressed with it, paid £180 down and £180 a month, yes you can get it cheaper but it will come with the standard 17s and they look terrible, so had the optional 18s and in metallic flash blue!!!

Standard form they have built in Wi-fi, touch screen with sat nav and all the gadgets to play the music off your I-phone/I Pad, USB stick etc, also you get those lovely Recaro CS wing back seats and they are amazing(same seats in the Focus RS/Audi RS4)

Its great on petrol as its a 1.6 Turbo and FWD so not heavy if your used to constantly putting petrol in like the Impreza, plus its got 203bhp so its got a bit of poke which is more then enough on the roads today!!

I ordered mine from Aston Vauxhall in Melton Mowbary who where excellent, I really cant praise them enough, when our VXR got delivered on a back of a truck it had a pork pie in the passenger seat and Aston Vauxhall also gave us a £500 balance on a fuel card, So basically I wont have to pay for petrol the next 5 months!!!

I really recommend the Corsa VXR, its a great little car!!:thumb:

scoobyboy1 12 December 2015 02:08 PM

VXR also comes with Vauxhall on-star that comes with the following which is free for the first year and £70 a year after that.

Automatic Crash Response
Emergency Service (SOS) Button
Wi-Fi HotSpot with 4G LTE
Roadside Assistance
Vehicle Diagnostics
Dealer Maintenance Notifications
Smartphone App
Theft Alert Notification
Stolen Vehicle Assistance

And you can with the following on your I-phone etc
Display key diagnostics (like tyre pressure, fuel and oil levels) anytime, anywhere
Lock and unlock your car doors remotely by phone
Locate your vehicle if you can’t remember where you last parked
Flash the lights and honk the horn from anywhere
Send an address to your car‘s navigation system before you set off
Quickly activate & manage your in-car wi-fi hotspot

And you can also check on-line by giving your e-mail address
Quickly access your My Vauxhall account and online vehicle garage
Download your vehicle’s owner manual
Find key contact information when you need help
Locate a dealer
Pin where you’ve parked
Get important notifications about your vehicle and services
Ignition block. As soon as an Advisor has located your car, they can de-activate the ignition to prevent the car being started.

Its better spec-ed up then my Golf R:cuckoo:

MOTORS S GT 12 December 2015 02:38 PM

I am seriously thinking of taking up the deal you have, but for 2 years not 3, our local dealership Bristol Motors won't even respond to e mails etc for quotes, or even seem mildly interested when you go to them, so I will contact Astons as its not far from me.

scoobyboy1 13 December 2015 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by MOTORS S GT (Post 11770767)
I am seriously thinking of taking up the deal you have, but for 2 years not 3, our local dealership Bristol Motors won't even respond to e mails etc for quotes, or even seem mildly interested when you go to them, so I will contact Astons as its not far from me.

Send them a E-mail and ask for Danielle Cook, she deals with online request etc and she is the one who at first when I enquired about the deal come back at £600 down and £200 a month, I told her that I was not interested and that I wanted the same deal as another guy on here/Scoobynet(thread a bit further down), She come back with the £180 down and £180 a month then, but there is a guy on here who got his for £0 down and £170 a month over 2 years!!

But remember that we both had someone who worked with one of the Vauxhall Partners, If you go on there webpage or google Vauxhall partners then it will come up with a list of companies!!

MOTORS S GT 13 December 2015 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11770955)
Send them a E-mail and ask for Danielle Cook, she deals with online request etc and she is the one who at first when I enquired about the deal come back at £600 down and £200 a month, I told her that I was not interested and that I wanted the same deal as another guy on here/Scoobynet(thread a bit further down), She come back with the £180 down and £180 a month then, but there is a guy on here who got his for £0 down and £170 a month over 2 years!!

But remember that we both had someone who worked with one of the Vauxhall Partners, If you go on there webpage or google Vauxhall partners then it will come up with a list of companies!!

Thanks for that, I can get Vauxhall partners, my son works for Siemens, I am wondering if there might be better deals in January when historically its very quiet in the motor trade.

scoobyboy1 13 December 2015 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by MOTORS S GT (Post 11770984)
Thanks for that, I can get Vauxhall partners, my son works for Siemens, I am wondering if there might be better deals in January when historically its very quiet in the motor trade.

Worth a try, but having said that Anonymous on here paid £0 down and £170 a month for a metallic lime green with 18s, over a 2 years lease, so if you get in contact with Aston Vauxhall tell them that you know someone who got that deal and you want the same(you can get it cheaper with the 17s but they look terrible)

Ive done 180 mile in 2 weeks and cant wait to get some more miles on the clock and give it a proper drive, im very happy with it, perfect everyday car for my needs!!!

ditchmyster 13 December 2015 07:13 PM

Well thanks to you guys Mrs is trying to sort a Corsa with Aston Vauxhall at the min, just a case of seeing what sort of numbers they come back with.:thumb:

An0n0m0us 13 December 2015 07:38 PM

The 5k miles don't last long I did 2k in my first month :lol1: It's a cracking little car and because of how small it is it is very easy to drive quicker on A and B roads than a lot of bigger more powerful cars.

Kedlestone 13 December 2015 08:45 PM

Keep toying with the idea of the VXR, I tried contacting the above Aston dealer but the guy I spoke to didn't really help much and sent me an email quote for well over £200pm.

I don't mind putting a deposit down so have got it down to £124pm +vat with +12 down over 2 years. That's with the 18" wheels and metallic paint and a December delivery still....hmmm

ditchmyster 13 December 2015 09:15 PM

That doesn't sound too good, on the adds on the left on their website they have it at £174 or 9 (can't remember) with £500 down, must be the 18's pushing the price up, personally I'd keep the 17's so I don't have to worry quite so much about kerbs and potholes, don't care how the car looks as it's not mine, rag it and hand it back.:D

Still tempted myself by the VXR tbh but going to wait a few months see how things go with the Mrs first, also would like to get through the winter with the awd of the WRX, but considering I'm looking at a fair bit of maintenance, tyres, tax etc all in and what the car is worth could easily pay for 3 yrs of lease with only fuel and tyres to consider.

Decisions decisions. :wonder:

donny andi 13 December 2015 09:17 PM

Ditch.....stooopid question :)
Do you have any problems leasing with being split between the uk and Croatia ?

ditchmyster 13 December 2015 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by donny andi (Post 11771138)
Ditch.....stooopid question :)
Do you have any problems leasing with being split between the uk and Croatia ?

Don't know as I haven't asked yet, but my current insurance policy gives me unlimited time in Europe, my income is from the UK so easily traceable etc and can't really see it being an issue as long as it's insured.

scoobyboy1 13 December 2015 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11771153)
Don't know as I haven't asked yet, but my current insurance policy gives me unlimited time in Europe, my income is from the UK so easily traceable etc and can't really see it being an issue as long as it's insured.

If your taking the car abroad you do need to notify them it says in the terms & conditions, not sure if your living somewhere for a period of time that they might not allow it, but im guessing if you was to do a Euro trip of some sort for a few weeks they would be ok with that!!!:thumb:

ditchmyster 15 December 2015 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11771171)
If your taking the car abroad you do need to notify them it says in the terms & conditions, not sure if your living somewhere for a period of time that they might not allow it, but im guessing if you was to do a Euro trip of some sort for a few weeks they would be ok with that!!!:thumb:

Well that would definitely put the hackers on it for me, if I'm paying for a car I want to be able to do what I like with it, not ask permission from mum and dad so to speak. :mad:

That said I'm not planning on doing anything car wise for about 6 months so plenty of time to look at my options, might even keep the blob and spend a few quid on it, the Mrs is my main priority car wise at the moment as her motor is acting up a bit, nothing major but with me not being there all the time I need to know that her and my boy are at least in something reliable.

ditchmyster 15 December 2015 04:28 PM

Well they've come back at the mrs with a Vauxhall Viva @£147 a month over 4yrs which I think isn't very good at all, seems to be a decent spec with heated seats but I still think it's not great compared to the VXR @£170/180, so I've told her to get back to them and if they don't make it any better then she can wait until I come back to uk next week and we will look elsewhere as there are a hell of a lot of better / bigger cars to be had for similar money.

ditchmyster 15 December 2015 05:06 PM

Just sent an email off for a fiesta diesel 1 payment down 36 months @ £95+vat a month, 8000 miles pa, see what comes back.

An0n0m0us 15 December 2015 06:24 PM

Are they taking the p!ss? A Vauxhall Viva?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...965_1057cc.JPG

:D

MOTORS S GT 15 December 2015 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11771714)
Well they've come back at the mrs with a Vauxhall Viva @£147 a month over 4yrs which I think isn't very good at all, seems to be a decent spec with heated seats but I still think it's not great compared to the VXR @£170/180, so I've told her to get back to them and if they don't make it any better then she can wait until I come back to uk next week and we will look elsewhere as there are a hell of a lot of better / bigger cars to be had for similar money.

If that's Aston Vauxhall, they have gone from the cheapest to the dearest this week for a VXR, even Nationwide is £320.00 cheaper over 2 years than Aston, the chap I was speaking with has denied they ever did VXR's at £170/ 180 ever, speaking to a Bristol Street sales guy, he reckons they have upset a few dealers lately.

An0n0m0us 15 December 2015 06:46 PM

Ask to speak to Brian at Astons, don't deal with anyone else.

scoobyboy1 15 December 2015 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11771781)
Ask to speak to Brian at Astons, don't deal with anyone else.

I dealt with Danielle Cook, she was great and tried to get me as close to the deal that you got!!!:thumb:

Ive managed a 198miles on the clock so far!!:D

An0n0m0us 15 December 2015 10:20 PM

Yeah she answered the phone whenever I called but I always asked for Brian, he is the fleet manager so ultimately any deals/decisions have to go through him.

198 miles? Stop looking at it and drive it! ;)

scoobyboy1 15 December 2015 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11771894)
Yeah she answered the phone whenever I called but I always asked for Brian, he is the fleet manager so ultimately any deals/decisions have to go through him.

198 miles? Stop looking at it and drive it! ;)

Ive polished it more then ive driven it!!:D I have serious OCD when it comes to cars and detailing!!

This is the only picture I have of it while sitting in the garage shiny!!!:D
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16...1.jpg~original

An0n0m0us 16 December 2015 12:34 PM

Great i'll pop mine over and you can do mine then, i'm the complete opposite mine's as dirty as a rally car :D