ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   In a moment of weakness (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1032384-in-a-moment-of-weakness.html)

dpb 28 November 2015 06:58 PM

In a moment of weakness

I ticked the box for iPhone 6s , purely because on paper for the specs and the cost ( unlimited plus 2gb data,30 a month all in ) it seems as good as anything

What will I miss , over android - in particular , blackberry or windows ?

( iv got a few days to send back still, havnt opened box)

my android cheapy has decided not to detect my sim, also

donny andi 28 November 2015 07:21 PM

I've just had a 4th screen fitted today to my 6....
Bit the bullet and put my sim back into my old 5s.
Maybe just me but I've never had a phone so fragile.

Willowsdad 28 November 2015 09:20 PM

I think the 6s is a lot stronger than the 6. I haven't had any problems with mine except having to click on links more than once. Can't comment on the android though, I haven't had one for years.

dpb 29 November 2015 09:58 AM

4 screens!?

If i were half sensible my other choice would be Sony m4. For half the cost all in

dpb 29 November 2015 10:01 AM

This things in 'rose gold' ,cos it was cheaper. Is it designed for girls?

ALi-B 29 November 2015 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Willowsdad (Post 11766228)
I haven't had any problems with mine except having to click on links more than once.

Thought it was only me...some website links just refuse to work on.

Also very drop-able. Protector a must, also the rubber ones keep coming off due to the shape of the phone :rolleyes:

BTW rose gold is pink. My uncle bought one...ripped thw p*ss out of him big style - sent it back the next day. The pics online clearly show it as being pink (regardless of what colour its called), so I don't know what TF he was thinking when he said I didn't realise it was pink LMAO :lol1:

If you ordered a 16GB model, the biggest thing you'll miss is storage capacity as it severely lacks storage space for pics/music/apps etc.

dpb 29 November 2015 12:56 PM

its 64gb model , thought id hide the pinkness under s line gel case

isnt it just white on the front ?

dpb 29 November 2015 01:00 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...e-gold-version

:)

jonc 29 November 2015 01:18 PM

So basically just wear a lot of "hot" pink and your phone will look a bit more manly. :thumb:

donny andi 29 November 2015 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11766321)
4 screens!?

If i were half sensible my other choice would be Sony m4. For half the cost all in

Yep .
I broke the first , 2nd the shop broke , 3rd cracked straight across the earpiece under the glass screen protector (which I still think was due to incorrect fitting) so it's now on its 4th :brickwall
Back in its box as a spare phone now as @£75 a screen fitted I've had enough.
Do miss the screen size though

dpb 30 November 2015 12:10 PM

i guess the worst part is going to be paying again for all the apps iv got allready . Together with the realisation that apple are a
always deliberately behind the curve with innovation .

Haver to wait a couple years still to move away from ips screens

Littleted 01 December 2015 09:14 PM

never broke a screen yet, i use the spigen cases and that's it..

lordharding 01 December 2015 09:27 PM

I use a screen protector and a book book wallet protector for my 6 plus

dpb 03 December 2015 09:29 AM

Can any owners confirm either way if or not i would have to pay apple 10 quid a month for their music service in order to listen to music i have allready purchased ?

i f that were the case ill put it straight back in the box

the pink would be a side issue in comparison

Littleted 03 December 2015 09:47 AM

no you transfer the music to your phone through iTunes. but if you subscribe to the Music service all them CDS become defunck as its prob all in the cloud anyway....

I used to use Spotify, but moved to Music as it was more integrated with my CAR etc, horse for course, spotifys interface is best.

dpb 03 December 2015 10:45 AM

but can you play them without paying agian .

its all bit confusing . Maybe i could just use google play ,where i bought from

Littleted 03 December 2015 11:45 AM

if your music is local on your PC and you transfer them you can play them

P1Fanatic 03 December 2015 12:02 PM

The music subscription is just apples version of spotify / prime. Music you already have is not touched. Anything you buy through itunes is also on icloud so accessible anywhere (doesnt count against your icloud storage allowance).

dpb 03 December 2015 12:15 PM

thanks

dpb 08 December 2015 09:04 PM

I'm sort of lumped with it if I don't call them up in the next 24 hrs

what I'm wondering is just how long apple etc will hang on when you can buy a completely useable handset with decent screen and decent camera for 200 quid

dpb 14 December 2015 06:24 PM

Well there's nothing within 5 miles accepts Apple Pay, and even then it's petrol stations and American fast food

dpb 14 December 2015 06:26 PM

On the plus side this things quite fast

dpb 14 December 2015 07:36 PM

Well I take that back , just been up morries and they take it . Not on the app though

dpb 16 December 2015 03:29 AM

Where's the PayPal option to buy apps !!!? :rolleyes:

stevebt 16 December 2015 09:30 AM

Seems like your happy with the purchase.:)

dpb 16 December 2015 11:23 AM

Its slick good quality , but then it should be at this price , any phone should be

its not as fun to use as android imo so far , the security was the main factor

I rather think I would have been just well off ( not to mention the expenditure)with 125 quid whiley fox swift ,a cut price sim and some precautious use

I might also never use my dslr again , which would be hell waste money

stevebt 16 December 2015 12:40 PM

The cameras on the phones will never replace a dslr but they are a good point and shot. If you could pick the best bits of Apple and android you could end up with a killer phone. Looks on a phone dont bother me as I bang it in a case so then they all look the same.

Tidgy 16 December 2015 12:41 PM

despite what anyone says, all modern phones are pretty much of a muchness bar slightly different interfaces. As long as you can get on with it then be fine :)

Shaun 16 December 2015 01:34 PM

Agreed - it's whatever you're comfortable with tbh.

As a side note I've dropped my 6 three times now. Proper drops on to concrete. I thought it would have smashed the screen or done some proper damage. Apart from some very very minor nicks on the sides (I have a clear gel surround - sides and back), it's taken the abuse no issues...... very surprised tbh.

dpb 16 December 2015 01:40 PM

Gosh that's contrary to the bloke above ( 4x repacemnt)

I'm looking for the best ( to cover the pinkness) gel enclosure , I have s line but its not ful coverage