ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Advice on rad fans....only one working. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1032368-advice-on-rad-fans-only-one-working.html)

hedgecutter 28 November 2015 02:32 PM

Advice on rad fans....only one working.

Hi. I`ve just changed my radiator, and filled back up with coolant, through the top hose.
When I warmed the car up, only the driver`s side fan came on, and after doing a search, I am none the wiser if this is normal, or if they are meant to work together ? Hope to be put straight so I can work out if I need a few fan/connector/etc.
Thanks.

hedgecutter 28 November 2015 03:19 PM

Is one for the aircon ?

hedgecutter 28 November 2015 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by T J (Post 11765984)
possibly, you should check,.

That`s why I am asking here:) The fan hasn`t "seized", but during the coolant refilling process, when you have to wait for the fans to kick in, I noticed that the sub fan was not working, so I am hoping to find out from someone if they always work together, or can come on sequentially, or both when aircon is on?
Both fuses are fine. Thanks

hedgecutter 28 November 2015 03:58 PM

Thanks....So just went out before darkness falls, to double check connector, click, not pushed together fully, so hopefully all sorted.

MOTORS S GT 28 November 2015 04:12 PM

No, they don't always work together, it depends on 3 inputs, vehicle speed, temp the ecu receives, & if fitted aircon mode, there is also a high & low speeds for the fans.

MOTORS S GT 28 November 2015 04:15 PM

What year Subaru ?

MOTORS S GT 28 November 2015 04:36 PM

If its a 2003 Blobeye STI they should only both be on without aircon demand if engine temp is 100 deg c or over, 96-99 deg c only the sub fan should be working, this is with the car stationary, different configurations at speed.

MOTORS S GT 28 November 2015 04:39 PM

Something wrong with it then.

JGlanzaV 28 November 2015 04:44 PM

LOL TJ trying to teach Paul to suck eggs.... Why are yu PMing me pictures too? its a little bit strange like...

JGlanzaV 28 November 2015 04:47 PM

You are a little bit strange, and do not PM me again.....

As for your advice, I think we will listen to MotorsGT, he might know a little bit more about these motors than you, if hes telling you it is wrong id heed his advice....

(replace a little, with ****loads)

MOTORS S GT 28 November 2015 04:49 PM

I think we have another Saturday afternoon comedian !

ossett2k2 28 November 2015 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by MOTORS S GT (Post 11766057)
I think we have another Saturday afternoon comedian !

Yup,only mild trolling atm.
Think he's waiting for someone to lose their rag then the fun will begin lol
Seems to want to buy everything in the for sale and is giving duff advice on most other threads :cuckoo:

hedgecutter 28 November 2015 08:08 PM

Sorry...I missed all that, and his threads have been deleted ?!!! I did think the advice "to check it" was a bit vague, but I had my head chewed off by someone else on here last week, so I was being polite.
Thank you Mr Finch, I couldn't have hoped for a more definitive answer, but as I said above, I`d failed to push the sub fan connector together anyway !