ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Powerstation (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1032360-powerstation.html)

Dave Y 28 November 2015 11:46 AM

Powerstation

What is happening with them,are they closing down ?

neil-h 28 November 2015 12:02 PM

In short, yes. Why?

A lot of the older nuclear ones are reaching the end of there operational lives and Kyoto/EU legislation is slowly killing the big coal fired stations.

jonc 28 November 2015 12:33 PM

Yes, because the politicians think it's completely viable to replace them all with a few wind turbines.

Markus 28 November 2015 01:09 PM

I *think* they might be referring to these guys: http://www.powerstation.org.uk

alcazar 28 November 2015 01:14 PM

LOL, yes, as above.

neil-h 28 November 2015 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Markus (Post 11765913)
I *think* they might be referring to these guys: http://www.powerstation.org.uk

****. I had a feeling this conversation was a little too intelligent for this place :lol1:

bioforger 28 November 2015 05:10 PM

Unforeseen circumstances? :wonder:

Dave Y 28 November 2015 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11766066)
Unforeseen circumstances? :wonder:

been in business quite a while.
Never the cheapest never the best. :wonder:

Markus 28 November 2015 09:38 PM

I went up there many, many years ago (2001 / 2002) to get bump steer removal and a whiteline anti-lift kit fitting. Very friendly and knowledgable chaps.

zip106 29 November 2015 12:33 AM

Some like it hot....

sivo 29 November 2015 12:59 PM

I for one would be very happy to see them close down, what goes round comes round.... :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

They fcuked my previous Impreza up and washed their hands on me !!!!

Disgraceful people to do business with..... JUST my opinion.

Siv :thumb:

Paben 29 November 2015 02:13 PM

They went downhill when Lichfield left to do his own thing

LSherratt 29 November 2015 04:45 PM

I've been there twice with my classic Subaru in the last 2 years and I highly recommended them. They gave me a great price by discounting a lot of stuff for me and they're knowledgeable when it comes to doing bits on Impreza's

Dave Y 29 November 2015 05:57 PM

They tried to seal my icv with silicone sealant.

JGlanzaV 29 November 2015 07:43 PM

Usual thread about a company

Someone posts something about a company.

Some one posts negative review.

Fanboys post good reviews.

Repeat as required.....

wayne9t9 30 November 2015 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by zip106 (Post 11766280)
Some like it hot....

Get it on...

Benji554 30 November 2015 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11766384)
They went downhill when Lichfield left to do his own thing

Agreed! No great loss, if they are local to you just use Litchfield or Curtis at AST.

SouthWalesSam 01 December 2015 01:23 PM

That's a real shame.
I used them a lot over the years with good results. :thumb:
All the best Andy, Gerry, Rich and Kirk.

LSherratt 01 December 2015 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Benji554 (Post 11766891)
Agreed! No great loss, if they are local to you just use Litchfield or Curtis at AST.

Powerstation were reasonably priced. Litchfield is ok if you've got tens of thousands available to spend on servicing and mods :lol1:.

steve05wrx 01 December 2015 01:56 PM

Hi,
They remapped my new WRX back in 2005.
They did a great job - but that was 10 years ago!
Cheers
Steve

Paben 01 December 2015 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11767122)
Powerstation were reasonably priced. Litchfield is ok if you've got tens of thousands available to spend on servicing and mods :lol1:.

Litchfield always led the way with innovative Impreza stuff (T20, T25 etc) and this gave a lot of kudos to partners Powerstation.

Benji554 01 December 2015 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11767122)

I haven't used Litchfield for servicing but in my experience there wasn't much price difference for handling modifications. That said Litchfield seem to be moving away from Imprezas. They actually turned me down recently for a handling pack on my hatch and sent me to AST. I'm glad they did. Curtis is a top bloke and will sort you out at a very good price! :thumb:

Sarg400 01 December 2015 11:38 PM

Litchfield More into the gtr's now

InTurbo 02 December 2015 06:20 PM

Can't say I was impressed with Powerstation.
Not shocked that it closed down, Every time I went there it was very quiet, must cost a lot to run a large place like that.

gregwill 02 December 2015 06:23 PM

Its a shame as I used them early this year and they were brilliant with me!

As for litchfield I sent them a message the other day regarding a map and for some advice prior and they haven't even bothered to reply to me this has happend numerous times now and seems to me as if they don't want to know the scooby community anymore. Probably not enough coin in us anymore when they got all these GTR's and other expensive machines going there. Shame really!

scoobiepaul 02 December 2015 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by gregwill (Post 11767580)

As for litchfield I sent them a message the other day regarding a map and for some advice prior and they haven't even bothered to reply to me this has happend numerous times now and seems to me as if they don't want to know the scooby community anymore. Probably not enough coin in us anymore when they got all these GTR's and other expensive machines going there. Shame really!

Sadly I think you are right, the GTR owners seem to have a lot of spare money. Good business sense I suppose from Litchfield.

scoobygaz1 02 December 2015 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by scoobiepaul (Post 11767585)
Sadly I think you are right, the GTR owners seem to have a lot of spare money. Good business sense I suppose from Litchfield.

Last time I went up there with a mate in his GTR there were Ferrari, Porsche, a Lexus LFA and Bugatti veyron there. No comparison to what your average Subaru owner will spend.

gregwill 02 December 2015 08:51 PM

It is a real shame though after all I believe subaru's are what really made them into what they are today. You would of thought they would like to see some of their older cars still going and coming back to them.

Even if they are pricey etc work is work and cash is cash no matter who's pockets it comes out of but like what has been mentioned these more expensive car owners are probably paying a hell of a lot more for what they are having done to their cars than what we would be on ours. So they put all their attention in that route which is understandable I suppose.

Shaun 02 December 2015 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by gregwill (Post 11767580)

They're just amazingly busy and really struggle with replying to email correspondence. I know Iain personally (very well) and struggle at times to get hold of him via email or text. It's always best to ring them.

Fuzz 05 December 2015 01:01 PM

I was wondering how long it would be before this thread appeared. :D