ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   Brembo Caliper Refurbishment. (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/1032292-brembo-caliper-refurbishment.html)

Ascottie75 26 November 2015 07:42 PM

Brembo Caliper Refurbishment.

Hey all.

Over the winter im looking at getting my Brembo's refurbished.

I will strip them down and even get them glass blasted, all i want is someone to repaint them in the correct shade of gold and fit the Brembo stickers, i can do the rest.

So who do you recommend to carry out the work?

Many thanks.

53 26 November 2015 08:30 PM

I need a set doing too :)

Reshard1977 26 November 2015 09:41 PM

Godspeed :-) will be slightly more expensive than other places, but well worth it.

alcazar 27 November 2015 02:26 PM

Ian will undertake the whole refurbishment, you'd have to ask him if he will do just a repaint.

TBH, anyone can spray them and the stickers come off ebay.......

yabbadoo4 27 November 2015 02:28 PM

getting the right shade of gold is tricky tho i think.

ZANY 27 November 2015 04:30 PM

You guys thought bout hydro dipping as I've seen some n carbon done somewhere and it certainly looked different

madman69 27 November 2015 06:17 PM

would hydro dipping them not come off with the heat just asking

alcazar 27 November 2015 08:26 PM

Hydrotek does them, so probably not.

If refurbing all calipers, how is the shade of gold going to matter? Or just have them red......;)

yabbadoo4 27 November 2015 08:35 PM

i just remember a thread trying to nail the brembo shade of gold. one guy bought a pot of humbrol model aircraft paint and reckoned it was pretty close iirc

yabbadoo4 27 November 2015 08:41 PM

thread : https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyr...-calipers.html

Ascottie75 30 November 2015 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11765647)
Ian will undertake the whole refurbishment, you'd have to ask him if he will do just a repaint.

TBH, anyone can spray them and the stickers come off ebay.......

Thanks bud, all im after is someone to paint them the right colour. Theres no point in me paying someone to rebuild them as they have only covered 40K.

Im more than capable of replacing the seals and fitting the pistons back.

I will send him a message and ask the question, thank you. :thumb:

scotty boy 80 02 December 2015 02:17 AM

scoobyworx

Godspeed Brakes 02 December 2015 09:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi
We could do them for you , but the powder coat gold we have is slightly lighter than the original colour , you may struggle to match them perfectly.

As I say we powder coat them now , as its harder wearing than paint , painted calipers can chip quite easily , if you wanted us to powder coat them , if you strip them , and bead blast them , we would mask the area's that cannot be coated , and powder coat them , clear coat them , and even fit new Brembo logo's if you wish for £25 each , plus P&P back to you

The calipers will be this colour

Attachment 39833

Cheers Ian
01656 723060

porkster0 02 December 2015 11:56 AM

Hi Ian
Roughly How much would it be for the full works a complete strip down, helicoil, blast , powder coat this colour and rebuild with new parts.

fronts

rears

As I have a complete set as spares but they are very bubbly with the ally rot

Many Regards

Godspeed Brakes 02 December 2015 04:16 PM

Hi
We can do all 4 calipers , strip , bead blast , powder coat , apply new logo's , helicoil all the thread , including the bleed nipples for £475 , seals if needed would be £100 for front and rears , as long as the outer boots are not split , we could chemically clean them and reuse them , the only extra would be if there was any corrosion around the lugs , and was bad enough to need building back up with alloy welding , and machining back , we don't use filler as some others do on the lugs
Hope this helps
Cheers Ian

InTurbo 02 December 2015 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes (Post 11767386)

As I say we powder coat them now , as its harder wearing than paint , painted calipers can chip quite easily , if you wanted us to powder coat them , if you strip them , and bead blast them , we would mask the area's that cannot be coated , and powder coat them , clear coat them , and even fit new Brembo logo's if you wish for £25 each , plus P&P back to you

Can you do any colour in power coat or metallics?

Godspeed Brakes 02 December 2015 09:36 PM

Yes pretty much any colour inc metallics

53 02 December 2015 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes (Post 11767527)
Hi
We can do all 4 calipers , strip , bead blast , powder coat , apply new logo's , helicoil all the thread , including the bleed nipples for £475 , seals if needed would be £100 for front and rears , as long as the outer boots are not split , we could chemically clean them and reuse them , the only extra would be if there was any corrosion around the lugs , and was bad enough to need building back up with alloy welding , and machining back , we don't use filler as some others do on the lugs
Hope this helps
Cheers Ian

I have a set of delivery mileage front and rears I just want painted Red :) No threads or seals required etc, just a colour change :)

Ascottie75 02 December 2015 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes (Post 11767386)
Hi
We could do them for you , but the powder coat gold we have is slightly lighter than the original colour , you may struggle to match them perfectly.

The calipers will be this colour

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps00yyapuz.jpg

Cheers Ian
01656 723060

Hi Ian,

Thank you that's what im after. My Spec C Type RA has just come over from Japan but the calipers have a few chips and are showing there age now.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3702/...2eb172b2_b.jpg20150709_152240 by Scott Raven, on Flickr

alcazar 04 December 2015 09:21 AM

I've had dealings with Ian since my car was three years old...it's now nearly 18!
Service to be recommended.