ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Snowing. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1032093-snowing.html)

Dave Y 21 November 2015 12:23 AM

Snowing.

Just let my dog out for a wee to find it snowing. :eek:

LSherratt 21 November 2015 12:34 AM

Saturday front page news:

BRITIAN BRACES FOR COLDEST WINTER ON RECORD. BLIZZARDS WILL CAUSE CHAOS.

:lol1::lol1:
:thumb:

lordharding 21 November 2015 01:05 AM

Just started in sleepy Cumbria
Not looking forward to driving to work tomorrow

Lisawrx 21 November 2015 01:14 AM

Yup, the white stuff is falling here too. :(

An0n0m0us 21 November 2015 08:31 AM

The UK will be at standstill this morning due to a few snow flakes. Roads blocked and shops being emptied with panic buying.

Willowsdad 21 November 2015 08:54 AM

Snowing really hard where I am. Not laying other than on the cars though at the mo. It hasn't snowed in over 2 years since I've had the scoob. Want to see how it performs compared to my old A3 Quattro.

An0n0m0us 21 November 2015 08:58 AM

Pelting it down with snow where I am staying in East Sussex at the moment.

Turbohot 21 November 2015 10:35 AM

This end in North Wales it was the blustery rain that came down in a form of a furious hailstorm. The sound of hard hitting hailstones was very alarming. That continued for at least 45 mins and then came the mighty wind. Until say, 5am the outside had a thick layer of snow formed by the hailstones settling down in solidarity. I reckon the constant winds and the sun rays made it disappear.

It has been constantly windy and sunny here all morning. There's more drama to come, I know.

ZANY 21 November 2015 10:58 AM

Guys get pis on:thumb:

ZANY 21 November 2015 10:58 AM

I mean pics

Turbohot 21 November 2015 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11763328)
Guys get pis on:thumb:

I'm glad you re-posted with your correction. I previously thought that you were detecting/inventing the underlying theme of 'wee' as per the op.

However, I'll tell you a story that makes a connection between the obvious and the irrelevant. When my mother was little (she was born in 1940), it was British Raj in my original neck of the woods. One little friend of hers had a very old grandad who lived in England, wasn't exactly a gangster or anything, and occasionally sent her pics with him in his duffle coat, gloved hands, stooped back and a walking stick. That friend used to boast- "My old grandad lives in England, and it's so cold there that you open the tap and the running water turns into a solid frozen stick! :cool:". My mother once got fed up with her boasting and said- "So, I wonder what happens when your old grandad wees :wonder: It sounds sooooooo cold there that his wee must turn into a solid frozen stick! Now I know where his walking stick comes from. :cool:

Please excuse their ignorance for science, they were, like 6-7 year old, then.

In terms of pics, no drama here as such to take a pic of, nor have I got the pic of my mum's friend's grandad's walking stick. I bet it's in some British museum for its invaluable worth.

ZANY 21 November 2015 11:40 AM

:lol1::lol1::lol1: ^^^ pics do make an interesting read if it's worth reading

Turbohot 21 November 2015 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11763342)
:lol1::lol1::lol1: ^^^ pics do make an interesting read if it's worth reading

Yes, they certainly do.

Hope we see some shots from Essex and Kent where it's making its mark.

alcazar 21 November 2015 12:15 PM

Local rage here predicted 6" and blizzards.
So far, not one flake, bright sunshine, windy and cool.

I am SOOOOOO sick of the weather forecasters and the stupid media jumping on the forecasts to scare people. Time we did what the Russians did and prosecute the MetOffice.........

jonc 21 November 2015 01:19 PM

:thumb:
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/e...r-201110174431

dpb 21 November 2015 08:41 PM

Damn I'm on plane home to East Sussex Monday, bit of acclimatisation here in joburg 10c down from zim and wet season has started

Turbohot 22 November 2015 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11763633)
Damn I'm on plane home to East Sussex Monday, bit of acclimatisation here in joburg 10c down from zim and wet season has started

As an Englishman you should know what you're coming back to. Your sea for your surfing is completely frozen and your house is laden with icicles. When you come back, post a pic of your new igloo and a reindeer or a pig for your vehicle here in the UK. Can't use my cats as my carriers for they're so little, but I've been been using them fetch me shopping from Aldi in this weather. :D

lozgti1 23 November 2015 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 11763362)

lol