ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   weird one: insurance quote declined when sent to underwriter? (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/1032028-weird-one-insurance-quote-declined-when-sent-to-underwriter.html)

gaborpapp 18 November 2015 07:12 PM

weird one: insurance quote declined when sent to underwriter?

Guys,

Can someone put some light in this, I had a quote from Sky Insurance, really good price of £xxx and I was happy go go ahead. Then as they send if off to underwriter it comes back as declined.

She doesn't know why it was declined so she couldn't tell me why. And what is bugging me why it came back as a good quote first to start off with, then when you are ready to make payment it's declined.

Tried speaking to Gary to make the insurance, but he was busy, hopefully tomorrow morning he`s calling me back.

Only thing I could recall would be that after the quote I said i`m gonna still look around, because there was one more company I wanted to speak to (KM), and after like 15 minutes I decided to call back and go ahead because I said is no point leaving the bird from the hand for the one on the fence.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 19 November 2015 07:30 PM

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

Brun 19 November 2015 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX (Post 11762702)
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

As you're in the trade then maybe a go at answering the question would have been a good start just before touting for business :thumb:

riiidaa 19 November 2015 10:49 PM

pretty sure you now have to declare that you've had insurance declined when getting quotes, so it's worth getting to the bottom of (Could it be that was BS excuse from sky who didn't wanna honor their original quote, due to their ballsup?)

gaborpapp 19 November 2015 11:01 PM

wow. 2 deleted posts from me and garry.

all sorted now. I think it was that the underwriter was closed. at that time (18:30). Today I tried again, same underwriter, different broker, and this time the underwriter asked questions about how much my mods were etc. after that it was all good.

Dan @AdrianFlux, the quotation team did now know who i was looking for, and they gave me a quote around 5k a year (ouch).

alcazar 24 November 2015 04:54 PM

NO-ONE can explain under-writers. They make it up as they go along, and there's no arguing.:mad:

Time it was stopped.

I got a quote for my newest car, 9 years' ncd, £140. I thought it wasn't bad, so asked about the SAME car, no ncd....£180

So how does 60% discount off £180 equate to only a £40 discount? Or conversely, if £140 represents 40%, how does 100% equate to £180???

NO-ONE could explain it...as I said, scam.:mad:

gaborpapp 24 November 2015 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11764676)
NO-ONE can explain under-writers. They make it up as they go along, and there's no arguing.:mad:

Time it was stopped.

I got a quote for my newest car, 9 years' ncd, £140. I thought it wasn't bad, so asked about the SAME car, no ncd....£180

So how does 60% discount off £180 equate to only a £40 discount? Or conversely, if £140 represents 40%, how does 100% equate to £180???

NO-ONE could explain it...as I said, scam.:mad:

IT its because the funiest bit on my side, the same underwriter that declined it, now like less than 24 hours later gave me a better deal and gone ahead with it . i mean just LOL & :cuckoo:

lordharding 24 November 2015 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by gaborpapp (Post 11762800)
wow. 2 deleted posts from me and garry.

all sorted now. I think it was that the underwriter was closed. at that time (18:30). Today I tried again, same underwriter, different broker, and this time the underwriter asked questions about how much my mods were etc. after that it was all good.

Dan @AdrianFlux, the quotation team did now know who i was looking for, and they gave me a quote around 5k a year (ouch).

Adrian flux £5k what sort of mods have you got to get to that Price :D
No wonder he always touts for Buisness
I pay £150 with the master of insurance so Dont even bother looking around and I always get through first time when I ring him :D

gaborpapp 25 November 2015 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by lordharding (Post 11764822)
Adrian flux £5k what sort of mods have you got to get to that Price :D
No wonder he always touts for Buisness
I pay £150 with the master of insurance so Dont even bother looking around and I always get through first time when I ring him :D

it wasn't the mods as much as the age and the fact they did not have any schemes for my age group i believe.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 25 November 2015 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by gaborpapp (Post 11764828)
it wasn't the mods as much as the age and the fact they did not have any schemes for my age group i believe.

Hi,
I'm sorry we couldn't help but thanks for giving us a try.
Regards,
Dan.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 25 November 2015 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 11762759)
As you're in the trade then maybe a go at answering the question would have been a good start just before touting for business :thumb:

Hi,
As I don't work for Sky insurance I couldn't explain their quotation procedures I'm afraid.
I'm just happy to try and help out any members if I can but no ones under any obligation to give us a try for insurance.
Regards,
Dan.

Brun 25 November 2015 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX (Post 11765044)
Hi,
As I don't work for Sky insurance I couldn't explain their quotation procedures I'm afraid.
I'm just happy to try and help out any members if I can but no ones under any obligation to give us a try for insurance.
Regards,
Dan.

:thumb: