ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Fuel pressure regulator or fse boost valve? (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1031763-fuel-pressure-regulator-or-fse-boost-valve.html)

Mysta-c 10 November 2015 06:39 PM

Fuel pressure regulator or fse boost valve?

Hi guys I'm a newbie on here and wondering if any one can point me in the right direction, I'm looking at getting a bit more from my impreza got a few sensible mods and am a bit puzzled about whether to buy a fuel pressure regulator or a fuel boost valve, the difference between them seems to be 1:1 ratio on the fpr or 1:7 ratio on the fse boost valve, and there seems to be mixed options on them both, can any one help me out? Cheers guys

mickywrx 10 November 2015 06:41 PM

http://lateralperformance.co.uk/prod...pressure_gauge

Available from other places too.

Mysta-c 10 November 2015 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 11759223)

Cheers for the link, I wasn't expecting them to be that much lol, more around 100-150 mark, but I guess you get what you pay for?

little'un 10 November 2015 07:35 PM

You want a 1:1 regulator not a rising rate 1.7:1 one

Give whoever maps your Ecu an easier time with the fuel tables :)

Mysta-c 10 November 2015 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by little'un (Post 11759245)
You want a 1:1 regulator not a rising rate 1.7:1 one

Give whoever maps your Ecu an easier time with the fuel tables :)

Ok cool, does an easier time for the mapper mean a better map? I'm looking at taking it to Duncan at racedynamix, as I've heard good things about them and also he's/they're a supplier / installer of esl daughter boards as my impreza turbos a 98 I need one lol,

bludgod 11 November 2015 09:37 AM

have you asked Duncan which he would prefer to map for you? He may have a particular brand that he likes so your mapper should be the first port of call.

Tidgy 11 November 2015 10:41 AM

first question is what is your current stage of tune? if standard then wont be needed.

Mysta-c 11 November 2015 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11759390)
first question is what is your current stage of tune? if standard then wont be needed.

My impreza had: td04, grey injectors, sti tmic, hks induction kit, 3" exhaust with de cat running 1bar boost with a prodrive sti ecu,

I've now put a td05 20g turbo, full silicon hose kit including intake, all new oik breathers and vacuum pipes, new dump/recirc valve, yellow phase 2 440cc injectors, four branch manifold 3" full decat cobra exhaust system (heat wrapped from headers and Swan neck, turbo heat blanket, kept the hks induction kit, now looking at fpr/fse valves and fuel pumps and hoping when these are done to get an esl daughter board with a map from Duncan at racedynamix :-)
Also have a 42mm race radiator in it too :-)

Tidgy 11 November 2015 02:22 PM

Injectors are gonna max out way way before the turbo does, you wanna upgrade them first

Mysta-c 11 November 2015 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11759441)
Injectors are gonna max out way way before the turbo does, you wanna upgrade them first

I was hoping for a solid reliable 320bhp and after Christmas look into parallel fuel lines and larger injectors, possibly top fed, funds are at a budget lol seeing I've just bought a house and this will be my weekend toy :-).

Tidgy 11 November 2015 02:54 PM

I made 340bhp on 440's and standard fpr etc so should be ok as is

Anko Dragt 12 November 2015 01:27 PM

20G @320hp is slow, with lots of lag without the ''umpf'' up top.

meaning: you will want more real soon :D

Mysta-c 12 November 2015 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Anko Dragt (Post 11759741)

Lol 😁 I've just bought my first house so funds are limited until the new year.....I'm guna look into bigger injectors and fueling system in the new year, have you got any suggestions? 😀

Mysta-c 12 November 2015 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Anko Dragt (Post 11759741)

Lol 😁 I've just bought my first house so funds are limited until the new year.....I'm guna look into bigger injectors and fueling system in the new year, have you got any suggestions? 😀

Anko Dragt 12 November 2015 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mysta-c (Post 11759773)

Depends on what car.

550CC injectors will support +-400hp depending on the tuner/mods.

They can be had very cheap from an STI with pink topfeeds,

Or UDSM STI models with sidefeeds, are yellow 550cc..

Uprated fuelpump is a good investment.