ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Parking at south mimms (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1031353-parking-at-south-mimms.html)

SwissTony 30 October 2015 06:57 PM

Parking at south mimms

Cant seem to find the charges. Wife wants to park her car there from friday pm until sunday am but the signs and website only indicates 24 hours. Does anyone know if you can park longer and what it might cost ?

cheers

jazzyjembreaze 30 October 2015 07:29 PM

Charges are incurred per 24 hrs
Well it's like that when I park my truck there ... I would assume it's the same for cars , pcv etc ... & yes it's a overpriced feckin $hit hole :)

jazzyjembreaze 30 October 2015 07:36 PM

Personally , if it's just a car & your having a wknd close by , I'd consider parking your car at either Hatfield or potters bar & jumping in a taxi , only 5-10 mins either way

SwissTony 30 October 2015 08:12 PM

yes thought it would be pricey but she is getting a coach from there for a weekend away. So what you ae saying is that the charges are per 24 hours. does that mean she pays beforehand or after her stay ?

jazzyjembreaze 30 October 2015 08:41 PM

You pay & it's valid up to 24 hours

DYK 31 October 2015 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze (Post 11755319)
Charges are incurred per 24 hrs
Well it's like that when I park my truck there ... I would assume it's the same for cars , pcv etc ... & yes it's a overpriced feckin $hit hole :)

South mimms is the place I try to avoid parking truck,its a sh1t hole and p1ss stinking 😁

SwissTony 02 November 2015 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze (Post 11755357)
You pay & it's valid up to 24 hours

Clear as mud :lol1:

How the hell is she meant to pre-pay for more than 24 hours ? leave midnight friday, come back at 5am sunday. so over the 24 hours and I bet the parking eye will bloody notice

hodgy0_2 02 November 2015 02:46 PM

I thought they simply recorded your entry and exit - than matched that to a list of payments

so a match of a car's number plate entering and leaving within the 2 hours, does not generate an invoice

a care leaving after the "free" time limit would invoke a database "lookup" against a list of payments - a match and no action

no match, and a fine is produced

so in effect whilst you are parked they would not do anything - until you left

SwissTony 02 November 2015 05:02 PM

so how do you pay for more than 24 hours, everyone keeps on banging on about 24 hours yet no-one has mentioned the fact or how you can pay for LONGER than 24 hours.

god its like being in some bloody management meeting here with a lot of 'blue sky thinking' yet no-one actually giving a straight answer :mad::p

markjmd 02 November 2015 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 11756350)
so how do you pay for more than 24 hours, everyone keeps on banging on about 24 hours yet no-one has mentioned the fact or how you can pay for LONGER than 24 hours.

Here's a crazy thought - maybe there just aren't that many people around who are in the habit of leaving their cars unattended at motorway services for days on end?

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 11756350)
god its like being in some bloody management meeting here with a lot of 'blue sky thinking' yet no-one actually giving a straight answer :mad::p

Here's an even crazier though - have you tried calling the place up and just asking them?

hodgy0_2 02 November 2015 05:38 PM

when I parked for the day - at a service station on the M42

I had to buy a ticket at the WHsmith shop

I went in and said

"can I park my car for 8Hrs", the women on the counter said "yes, that will be £8.40"

I paid that amount and received a printed ticket

maybe you need to say

"can I park my car for - |insert number of hours here|"

SwissTony 02 November 2015 05:39 PM

I was taking the piss but cheers I shall just call up

and not waste anymore time here. Must remind myself not to ask or answer the hordes of bloody iname questions like, what fridge shall buy, or other crap :thumb:

donny andi 02 November 2015 06:22 PM

Tell her boss to pick up the tab seeing as how he will be banging her all weekend :p

jazzyjembreaze 02 November 2015 07:48 PM

Tony
I park a artic : I park , walk over , hand over my key fuels card & im charged .
Lorry is now permitted to stay for 24 hrs
After that I would have to walk back over ...
Cars ,, there are charge notices attached to the lamp posts ...
Said charge -24 hrs ,, I have no idea how you could make the sign say
" 24 hrs but 48 for Tony's other half :)
Maybe you could ask Dynamo to work his magic or something ha ha

Just wing it , the ANPR might not see her / it's not always works in the truck park , for real !!!!

SwissTony 02 November 2015 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11756375)
when I parked for the day - at a service station on the M42

I had to buy a ticket at the WHsmith shop

I went in and said

"can I park my car for 8Hrs", the women on the counter said "yes, that will be £8.40"

I paid that amount and received a printed ticket

maybe you need to say

"can I park my car for - |insert number of hours here|"

Perfect answer and that is all I needed to know. I guess if my wife says 30 hours she will be fine, that is unless it is staffed by markjmd :lol1::lol1:

SwissTony 02 November 2015 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by donny andi (Post 11756409)
Tell her boss to pick up the tab seeing as how he will be banging her all weekend :p

:lol1::lol1::lol1:

Bit left field but sounds as though you are speaking from experience :lol1:

She is off to Disneyland Paris :thumb:

donny andi 02 November 2015 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 11756469)

:lol1::thumb:
I use the truck stops for the dogging meets :D

jazzyjembreaze 02 November 2015 09:13 PM

It's not a perfect answer if it was £8.40 for 2hrs 1 minute - 23.59 ha ha

hodgy0_2 02 November 2015 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 11756467)
Perfect answer and that is all I needed to know. I guess if my wife says 30 hours she will be fine, that is unless it is staffed by markjmd :lol1::lol1:

From memory I did ring them up, (because it was not clear on the website) and they said buy a ticket from the tills at WHSmith

jazzyjembreaze 02 November 2015 09:59 PM

Right some info for you ....
The shop in mimms is located next to the waitrose department , top left of main building towards the coach park .. At the till is a black ANPR tv screen , you registration is typed in & a picture will appear of your vehicle , confirm the registration then you push how many days you wish to stay for - fixed 24 hour period after 2 hours free stay ... So your missus & her boss can type in 2 that should do it ... I don't know the price of a car per 24 hours but as its mimms pretty sure itll be more than £10
Hope that puts it 2 rest for ya

hodgy0_2 02 November 2015 10:45 PM

Yes, I remember now too

I gave the women behind the till my reg number, and she showed me a CCTV image of my car entering the car park - and asked me to confirm it was my car

Before printing a receipt/ticket

pimmo2000 03 November 2015 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 11756469)

That's not even a real place .. she's getting bummed:luxhello:

SwissTony 03 November 2015 11:15 AM

Thanks guys for your replies,I think we are there :thumb:

Now about this new tumble dryer :Suspiciou:D