ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   How many are Evo subscribers??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/103031-how-many-are-evo-subscribers.html)

Steve Williams 07 June 2002 07:35 PM

And didn't get their copy delivered today :(

Saw it in smiths as well.......

This is the 2nd time this has happened, in only 6 months..... :(

If it doesn't arrive monday they are getting an abrupt and angry e-mail.

PSI3 07 June 2002 07:42 PM

Mine turned up this morning.

simon

Butty 07 June 2002 08:11 PM

Got mine for Bekkie time .
Before having a go at EVO, perhaps Postman Prat may be to blame?

Chris_S199 07 June 2002 08:21 PM

Got ours this morning as well... :D

Jen

DJFish 07 June 2002 08:35 PM

Mine's been delivered after it's hit the shops for the last four or five issues, the last one had an exclusive competition attached but only if you bought it in Tesco's.
I'll still be buying the mag but I'm fed up with getting my copy late and will not be renewing my subscription, I live in essex not Outer Mongolia!

bug-eyed wonder 07 June 2002 09:00 PM

:rolleyes: Maybe the Jubilee holidays have delayed the post.
Mine always seems to arrive on a Saturday so hopefully get it tomorrow.

Apple 07 June 2002 09:03 PM

Still haven't got my first issue after I paid at Autosport 2002 show [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

they couldn't find my cheque and it's got to me having to get a copy cheque to show them to prove I've paid - after 5 months of "were looking into it and we'll be in touch" (b*ll*x). ended up that it could have been a bank clearing error at their end but nobody said anything until I got my bank involved [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Where's my 6 months of interest on the money they've had?

now supposed to getting a complimentary issue to cover cheque cost and starting subscription on August issue. if they've started landing through doors I'll believe it when I see it :( Let's see if I get my 3 "free" issues as part of the sub.

chances of a subscription renewal? slim would be an overstatement.

Apple 07 June 2002 09:18 PM

Word of warning if wanting to pay for subscription at a show:

Take a stapler with you and fasten the cheque to the form so it'll never come off.

Handed over the form and cheque, asked them if they were going to keep them together as they were all chucked in a bin at the back of the stand and was told "It'll be OK."

Week later I get a letter saying that they can't find my cheque / I haven't paid which was a bit rich as it'd been taken out of my account two days earlier [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I'd paid by cheque on purpose so I didn't leave a credit card no. lying around for somebody to lift at any point later.

Trouble is, you're dealing with the subs people who aren't the mag people so it's difficult to sort things out at times - no point writing to the mag as they'll say "not our fault" etc. :(

Apple

PS I can understand the subs people being cagey as possibly people try it on by sending a form in and try to claim the mags without paying but what gets me is the amount of messing about and time it's taken to be proven innocent [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

nigelward 07 June 2002 11:20 PM

Apple

I'm sure you won't miss the 10p of interest the money would have accumulated over the six month period.

Apple 08 June 2002 01:04 AM

nigelward

as much as that - I'll have to change bank accounts for the high interest version :D

one of the signs of a true Yorkshireman ;)

Apple

nigelward 08 June 2002 10:12 AM

Ah, it all becomes clear :D

bug-eyed wonder 08 June 2002 10:20 AM

Mine didn't arrive today! :(
I'm so mad I'LL STOMP MY FEET! ;) :D

CrisPDuk 08 June 2002 02:28 PM

AS Butty said it is just as likely to be the fault of the postal service these days. I have lost count of the number of times important urgent business mail has been delayed/disappeared this last year or so.
I have known letters posted at work take up to two WEEKS to get to my clients, even the ones less than twenty miles away, under the same sorting office!
P.S. I submitted my evo subscription a couple of weeks ago, because I am fed up of being unable to find it in this area (Macclesfield).

polarbearit 08 June 2002 04:17 PM

Got mine on friday, interestingly my copy of CAR tends to show up 1 week earlier, so I have read it by the time evo arrives... Works well for me :cool:, but both CAR & EVO hit the stands at about the same times I think.

Steve Perriam 08 June 2002 04:22 PM

nope mines not arrived yet !

quite possibly down to the jubilee bank holidays ?

better come on monday though :(