ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Styling (https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36/)
-   -   Something different - digital arctic camo dip :) (https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36/1030255-something-different-digital-arctic-camo-dip.html)

TylerD529 02 October 2015 03:47 PM

Something different - digital arctic camo dip :)

2 Attachment(s)
My car had the scoop and bonnet vents in unpainted black when i purchased the car - thought i'd try something different as i found the black too harsh against the white . . . . .
Attachment 42169

Attachment 42170

Scooby Stevo 03 October 2015 10:04 PM

oh dear, get them painted white

fat-thomas 03 October 2015 10:08 PM

Looks utter sh1te.
Probably join sioc it's the sort of tacky crap they worship.

the shreksta 03 October 2015 10:11 PM

If you like it then fair enough but in my opinion it would bring a tear to a glass eye as it's that bad

silver-sub 03 October 2015 10:23 PM

Defo paint them white, even go back to black if you have too,
Perfectly good looking motor otherwise

**jay** 03 October 2015 10:49 PM

Were you dropped on your head when you were born, why can anyone think that looks good!

mattpat 05 October 2015 06:54 AM

Just wrong......

Beastie 06 October 2015 02:52 AM

I am afraid you have brought your sexuality into question :D

Sarg400 06 October 2015 03:15 AM

Well what a fcuken wast of money that was

TylerD529 08 October 2015 10:10 PM

LOL, wow - i joined s-net 13 years ago when i got my first import WRX then this forum/club was friendly and helpful. After the majority of these responses i can see why it now has the rep it does and is nowhere near as active as it was in the past. Everyone's entitled to their opinion hence why things get discussed (that's what a forum is all about) but to go from an opinion to a personal attack says a hell of a lot about the person behind the keyboard.

The dip was done as a bit of a change, an experiment - not to be a permanent fixture while i got the black parts that came with the car painted white to match the bonnet - as for it being a waste of money if we're really honest with ourselves 90% of the changes that we all do to our cars are a waste of money ;)

Thanks for all your "opinions" certainly opened my eyes to the current mood/membership here on scoobynet.

stonejedi 09 October 2015 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by TylerD529 (Post 11746859)
LOL, wow - i joined s-net 13 years ago when i got my first import WRX then this forum/club was friendly and helpful. After the majority of these responses i can see why it now has the rep it does and is nowhere near as active as it was in the past. Everyone's entitled to their opinion hence why things get discussed (that's what a forum is all about) but to go from an opinion to a personal attack says a hell of a lot about the person behind the keyboard.

The dip was done as a bit of a change, an experiment - not to be a permanent fixture while i got the black parts that came with the car painted white to match the bonnet - as for it being a waste of money if we're really honest with ourselves 90% of the changes that we all do to our cars are a waste of money ;)

Thanks for all your "opinions" certainly opened my eyes to the current mood/membership here on scoobynet.

Try not to take it to heart fella:),as the saying goes:"Opinions are like........"(Fill in the blanks);).But always try to remember that it is a public forum,and if you post up a picture for general viewing,be prepared to get roasted sometimes.You need to have thick skin on here these days,your 100% right about that:thumb:.SJ.

LoganS 09 October 2015 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 11746891)
Try not to take it to heart fella:),as the saying goes:"Opinions are like........"(Fill in the blanks);).But always try to remember that it is a public forum,and if you post up a picture for general viewing,be prepared to get roasted sometimes.You need to have thick skin on here these days,your 100% right about that:thumb:.SJ.

Was looking at dippping a little while ago, I think if the pattern was bigger instead of having so much small detail it might look better, It probably looks better in the flesh.

Who did the dipping? How's the quality? Is there much stretch to the pattern on the curves of the scoop?

fat-thomas 09 October 2015 05:41 AM

Love the crying current membership comment.
Look at the join date of members that commented ;)

TylerD529 09 October 2015 05:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Crying? Was more an expression of disappointment in the way members had decided to express their views - and that change from back then until now was the reason for stating joining time.
Skins far too thick to let words on a screen get to me ;) but by all means carry on . . . . . .

Originally Posted by LoganS (Post 11746892)
Was looking at dippping a little while ago, I think if the pattern was bigger instead of having so much small detail it might look better, It probably looks better in the flesh.

Who did the dipping? How's the quality? Is there much stretch to the pattern on the curves of the scoop?

The dipping is not too bad a job, the lacquering left a lot to be desired though and i did give it a quick hit with 2500 grit and Megs ultimate polish to bring it up properly. There's a little stretch of the pattern on the curves and in the entrance of the scoop.

Attachment 41911

Attachment 41912

LoganS 09 October 2015 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by TylerD529 (Post 11746895)
Crying? Was more an expression of disappointment in the way members had decided to express their views - and that change from back then until now was the reason for stating joining time.
Skins far too thick to let words on a screen get to me ;) but by all means carry on . . . . . .

The dipping is not too bad a job, the lacquering left a lot to be desired though and i did give it a quick hit with 2500 grit and Megs ultimate polish to bring it up properly. There's a little stretch of the pattern on the curves and in the entrance of the scoop.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psf4zat5u2.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psxej2f1o5.jpg

Ok that's not to bad, I have been looking at carbon dipping for some interior bits but don't like the way the patterns seem to stretch on bends. I think it looks ok with a pattern like this but with carbon it seems to just make it look super fake. Well done for trying something different anyway... haters guna hate 😉

TylerD529 09 October 2015 06:16 AM

The guy that done the dip said he was happy to be doing something other than carbon!
I had intended on finding a pattern that was much lighter with just splotches of the camo but couldn't track down a film so that was as light as i could get, they did stretch it a little and put it over a white base to brighten it as much as possible. Those pics were taken near sundown so the original silver kinda shines through - when seen in daylight it's much much more subtle.
Either way it's short term!

8ulldog 10 October 2015 10:40 PM

It's always worth trying something new, though it is not to my taste. I am not a carbon look fan either, so probably would have gone white or black myself.

There are still some great people about on here, just a shame a great proportion are morons raising their post counts as if the internet is going out of fashion.