ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   hatches..there growing on me (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1030126-hatches-there-growing-on-me.html)

Rbon91 28 September 2015 07:56 PM

hatches..there growing on me

Never really been mad into hatches but starting to grow on me.
Seen this on eBay today really like it but what does everyone think of the price?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181885243122&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web

barnshaw 28 September 2015 08:16 PM

Looks ok except for the

Wheels
arch gap
wind deflectors
stickers
spoiler

so, really, its in my opinion a bit rubbish looking, the wheels really dont suit it at all.

alcazar 28 September 2015 08:36 PM

Save money, buy a Rover 25......... same car??

fat-thomas 28 September 2015 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11742749)

Don't be stupid....it's a mazda 3

silver-sub 28 September 2015 09:12 PM

No it's a Transformer car

Sarg400 28 September 2015 09:26 PM

The one in the eBay link looks shocking :freak3:

8ulldog 29 September 2015 06:59 AM

It looks quite today, though the stickers, rear wing and multi-coloured wheel nuts would have to go for me. I've been very happy with mine, though they are not to everyone's taste.

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11742749)

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11742755)
Don't be stupid....it's a mazda 3

If you want more constructive feedback than those above there is a great hatch thread in the members gallery.

salsa-king 29 September 2015 07:21 AM

no accounting for taste lol

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3869/...003a4c870c.jpg

domino46 29 September 2015 07:55 AM

I Love my hatchback and find it far more user friendly than any of the others iv owned and iv owned most of them now lol

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...4ac8298662.jpg

S204Darren 29 September 2015 08:10 AM

I still can't make my mind up on the hatch TBO. It's crossed my mind about importing one as some do look rather nice. I've sold my S204 to fund my time attack car for next season so I'll be in the market next year for a new fast road car and a JDM hack might be an option.

BrownPantsRacing 29 September 2015 08:51 AM

The hatch is growing on me too, but I'd still far rather skip the hatch completely and go for a newer saloon.

DaveMK39 29 September 2015 09:16 AM

Fast 7 had the right idea. dump it out of a plane then shoot it to bits. Sorted.

BrownPantsRacing 29 September 2015 09:21 AM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...f172401db6.jpg

I still stand by my accurate photoshop rendering that this is one of the nicest impreza hatches seen to date!

domino46 29 September 2015 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 11742898)
The hatch is growing on me too, but I'd still far rather skip the hatch completely and go for a newer saloon.

That was my intention when I sold my hawk but couldn't find one that suited the budget so started looking at the hatchbacks and found that I got a lot more for my money with a hatch as I could buy one with a forged engine already in , instead of trying to budget it into a saloon as I would never be happy with it until it was forged and just couldn't afford to buy it and forge it within a decent time frame , I'm really glad I went for the hatch though as i love the thing now and will find it very hard to justify trading it in for a saloon ,, but having driven the new 2015 model I'm holding out till that's in budget before I trade this Scooby in :thumb:

Jonnys3 29 September 2015 10:10 AM

The hatch is also growing on me more these days but maybe that has something to do with noticing more on the road these days.

As for the one in the ebay link, I don't like the wheels or stickers and I think it's way overpriced for a 2008 plate that's not running forged internals.

EmzWRX 29 September 2015 10:35 AM

Why has the Mileage gone down on the servicing?? :cuckoo:

jaygsi 29 September 2015 12:42 PM

:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Yes and that had the best zetec engine Subaru made.

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 11742916)
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...f172401db6.jpg

I still stand by my accurate photoshop rendering that this is one of the nicest impreza hatches seen to date!

youngscars 29 September 2015 12:53 PM

Lol

I know the hatch is a love hate car I did not buy the hatch and do the things to it to please others I did it cause I liked it if we all did the same thing the world would be a boring place . I know we all have our own opinions and we all don't like the same thing but no ones car is perfect it's down to each and everyone's individual taste

acemodder 29 September 2015 01:11 PM

Try driving one, I did a few years ago and I hated it, it's nowhere as near as stable feeling as the Saloon version (I've owned a bugeye and a hawkeye) and both felt much better.

I think the iconic look of an Impreza is lost with a hatchback too.

jaygsi 29 September 2015 01:21 PM

Agreed. The hatch was Subaru trying to be lazy and turn it into a euro box to sell to the masses, they said it was for better handling as no boot hanging over the rear axle, but it was plainly so they could sell to a mass market.

All they did was ruin an iconic car, luckily they listened to public and scraped it. But to be fair each to there own, its still a Subaru, and i can see it being a very practical car for a family man. Most people i've seen in them don't seem to know they own a Subaru, and i think they have just bought one as its a practical fast car.

Originally Posted by acemodder (Post 11743006)
Try driving one, I did a few years ago and I hated it, it's nowhere as near as stable feeling as the Saloon version (I've owned a bugeye and a hawkeye) and both felt much better.

I think the iconic look of an Impreza is lost with a hatchback too.

scoobyboy1 29 September 2015 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by S204Darren (Post 11742893)
I still can't make my mind up on the hatch TBO. It's crossed my mind about importing one as some do look rather nice. I've sold my S204 to fund my time attack car for next season so I'll be in the market next year for a new fast road car and a JDM hack might be an option.

Ive been thinking of getting a hatch STi imported next year, Ive been looking at some on Japanese auction sites and keeping an eye on prices before I commit.:thumb: I just worry buying a car from Japan and handing over potentially £17-18k for a car that your have to take someones word that its mint(im a fussy fu6ker:D) I was hoping that someone like Hurst cars would have one for sale when im ready, and I could go see it in the flesh!!!:thumb:

Rbon91 29 September 2015 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11743065)
Ive been thinking of getting a hatch STi imported next year, Ive been looking at some on Japanese auction sites and keeping an eye on prices before I commit.:thumb: I just worry buying a car from Japan and handing over potentially £17-18k for a car that your have to take someones word that its mint(im a fussy fu6ker:D) I was hoping that someone like Hurst cars would have one for sale when im ready, and I could go see it in the flesh!!!:thumb:

I keep on thinking of getting one as a side chilled car.. as blob is almost done but that will just be a road going track monster not much comfort on long drives.

nortonscooby 29 September 2015 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11743065)

Fussy??? You have owned some right nails. Only joking mate wish id drove let alone owned some of the cars you have. Your sti v6 was stunning :notworthy

scoobyboy1 29 September 2015 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by nortonscooby (Post 11743173)
Fussy??? You have owned some right nails. Only joking mate wish id drove let alone owned some of the cars you have. Your sti v6 was stunning :notworthy

:lol:

Thanks Si;)

nortonscooby 29 September 2015 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11743179)
:lol:

Thanks Si;)

Slightly off topic but we have arange meet up at mattys one saturday? Be good see you and catch up.

scoobyboy1 29 September 2015 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by nortonscooby (Post 11743191)
Slightly off topic but we have arange meet up at mattys one saturday? Be good see you and catch up.

Yeah that would be good, Trouble is when I go to Matts, I start getting idea's, and then you work out the costs of all the mods that you can do to a Impreza, not only would it cost me thousands of pounds, it will probably cost me a divorce too!!:D

nortonscooby 29 September 2015 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11743194)
Yeah that would be good, Trouble is when I go to Matts, I start getting idea's, and then you work out the costs of all the mods that you can do to a Impreza, not only would it cost me thousands of pounds, it will probably cost me a divorce too!!:D

So a jdm highly modded hatch is on the cards then? :cry:

scoobyboy1 29 September 2015 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by nortonscooby (Post 11743197)
So a jdm highly modded hatch is on the cards then? :cry:

Maybe one day!!;)

RAGGY DOO 29 September 2015 11:43 PM

i have ine due in from japan next few wks

jameswrx 30 September 2015 08:41 AM

I'd love a Jap hatch.

Must admit when they first appeared I wasn't overly keen, they did grow on me quite quickly though.

I think their best asset is the hatch itself, being a wagon owner/lover (also have an Sti saloon) I can only imagine it's just as handy for stuffing things in. Once you've had a wagon and used it for anything other than posing you soon realise the benefits far outweigh any negative visual looks.

Guess the hatch is a bit like 'that girl at work' the one you first think, nope wouldn't bone that (like men do in the first 0.5sec of introduction) then over the years her persona changes your opinion, her bodywork grows on you and you realise you're able to get things in the back door... and then you start to think about driving her and filling her with v power.