ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Victor Meldrew Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1030063-victor-meldrew-thread.html)

lozgti1 27 September 2015 11:28 AM

Victor Meldrew Thread

Just had one of those mornings where my pet hates kept popping up to get me in grumpy sod mood....mind you,I don't think my annoyance is unwarranted.Today's examples ......

1.Those people at the supermarket basket checkout who manage to get more items in their basket that even a big trolly would hold.Sod in front of me took most of the conveyor belt up:nono:

2.Captive audience pricing.Paying £300 for a £1.50 cup of Costa just because it is at a service station.Thought they had all packed that game in.At least McDonalds don't do it

3.Those flipping cash points that charge you.I will NEVER use one.

Yes,got stuck in the supermarket,had a ridiculously priced coffee on the motorway then was confronted by a charging cash machine.lol

alcazar 27 September 2015 11:31 AM

I don't belieeeeeeve it!

And anyway, I'm the resident Victor Meldrew:D

Turbohot 27 September 2015 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 11742076)
Just had one of those mornings where my pet hates kept popping up to get me in grumpy sod mood....mind you,I don't think my annoyance is unwarranted.Today's examples ......

1.Those people at the supermarket basket checkout who manage to get more items in their basket that even a big trolly would hold.Sod in front of me took most of the conveyor belt up:nono:

2.Captive audience pricing.Paying £300 for a £1.50 cup of Costa just because it is at a service station.Thought they had all packed that game in.At least McDonalds don't do it

3.Those flipping cash points that charge you.I will NEVER use one.

Yes,got stuck in the supermarket,had a ridiculously priced coffee on the motorway then was confronted by a charging cash machine.lol

I've never paid £300 for a cup of Costa anywhere. This alone is so erroneous that it makes your Victor Meldrew stance null and void. ;) :D

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11742077)
I don't belieeeeeeve it!

And anyway, I'm the resident Victor Meldrew:D

There're a few peeps here who think they're Victor Meldrew, or others name them as one. Somebody's wife calls them one, somebody's cyber ghost mates name them as one etc. etc. Thing is, anyone can come on internet and moan their heart out, and that's the beauty of it.

So yeah, you all internet moaners are Victor Meldrew, if it makes you happy. :D

lozgti1 27 September 2015 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11742101)
I've never paid £300 for a cup of Costa anywhere. This alone is so erroneous that it makes your Victor Meldrew stance null and void. ;) :D

There're a few peeps here who think they're Victor Meldrew, or others name them as one. Somebody's wife calls them one, somebody's cyber ghost mates name them as one etc. etc. Thing is, anyone can come on internet and moan their heart out, and that's the beauty of it.

So yeah, you all internet moaners are Victor Meldrew, if it makes you happy. :D

Lol. Just one of those mornings. The 8,000 items in a basket did get through my normally calm self though!

Jamz3k 27 September 2015 06:23 PM

1. People who can't use roundabout
2. Road planners who think the solution to traffic congestion is....roundabouts
3. My inconsiderate neighbour who lets his dog pish on his balcony
4. Dole scroungers being in the same apartment block as me
5. Family members who make every situation about them

wayne9t9 27 September 2015 07:03 PM

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...440146acbf.jpg

alcazar 27 September 2015 07:11 PM

People on the phone, who when asked to do something, reply, "It won't let me...."
The computer? Who's in charge of who here?

lozgti1 27 September 2015 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by wayne9t9 (Post 11742235)

:lol1:

Lillyart14 28 September 2015 03:49 AM

Ah I've got a few pet hates:

1. Anyone who says 'YOLO'
2. People who use words like 'blue-sky thinking' or 'out of the box', you know the types
3. People who faff around in coffee shops and order a tall, white, skinny, latte-mocca-cupocrap with hazelnut sprinkles, vanilla flavourings and a flake
4. 'Please place the item in the bagging area'
5. People who don't indicate
6. People on faceache who insist on posting a picture of their fat, snotty-faced child EVERY FIVE MINUTES!
7. People on faceache in general...
8. Anything 'Reality TV'
9. Stance-fecking-nation

Hard to believe I'm only 28 lol