ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   My first Impreza!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1029897-my-first-impreza.html)

Phil3822 23 September 2015 05:41 PM

My first Impreza!!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, I am new here with my first Impreza as pictured below. Its a 2000 reg Impreza 2000 turbo. I am not mechanically minded but love cars. Got the car a few days ago and needs a small amount of work but love it already. Tim Farmer mechanic lives local and will be coming to have a look and service it. I have heard good things about him. Needs a little body work doing to.

Known faults so far are rear window wiper not working, tried replacing the fuse but no luck. Passenger and rear passenger side speakers not working. Still has original radio. In fact the whole car is original. There is plastic missing off the inner wheel arch. Not sure what this is called?

I would like for the car to have aircon but this seems to be expensive although can source the parts for a reasonable cost. Need someone to fit it though.

I enjoy forums and look forward to being part of this community.

Attachment 42667

wrx300scooby 23 September 2015 06:14 PM

Welcome to the fold Phil. You'll find being on here beneficial, some very knowledgeable folks post here.:thumb:

south_scoob 23 September 2015 06:23 PM

Nice waggon looks clean. De-amber and c\c is all it needs imo and keeps it looking original

Kev P 23 September 2015 06:34 PM

Hi and welcome to another classic owner :)

Kev.

silver-sub 23 September 2015 06:53 PM

Welcome on board

alcazar 23 September 2015 07:21 PM

For the rear wiper, look for damage in the wiring between body and tailgate.

And welcome.

smunns 23 September 2015 07:29 PM

Welcome and you will like owning one ;););)

Phil3822 23 September 2015 07:48 PM

Many thanks for the welcome guys. Joined a few forums as I will need plenty of advice being a noob and not very mechanical :)

I will check the wires between tailgate body Good suggestion.

What is De-amber and c/c?

Cheers again.

hardcoreimpreza 24 September 2015 11:25 AM

Looks nice and clean, what are the rear arches like?

Phil3822 24 September 2015 04:54 PM

Rear arches are as clean as the front. Not a spot of rust or damage. Seem ok on the inside from what I can see so far. Will find out more when get it up on ramp for service.

Can any answer "What is De-amber and c/c?" please.

Thanks for the welcome.

MattyB1983 24 September 2015 05:07 PM

De-amber = swap all the orange lights for clear.

CC = colour code the black bits to match the body.

south_scoob 25 September 2015 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Phil3822 (Post 11741115)
Can any answer

What matt said just an idea to freshen it up but looks great as it is

ditchmyster 25 September 2015 07:52 AM

Welcome along, wagons rule. ;)

I'd leave it just the way it is, that's a nice clean car you have there, not many like that left, if it ain't broke don't fix it. :thumb:

Phil3822 25 September 2015 07:56 AM

Thanks for the welcome all. Got the mirrors working properly now. Slowly figuring out the car and what needs doing. Not much at first glance.

nortonscooby 25 September 2015 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Phil3822 (Post 11741367)
Thanks for the welcome all. Got the mirrors working properly now. Slowly figuring out the car and what needs doing. Not much at first glance.

Looks tidy mate. Whats your plans?

Dirk Diggler 75 25 September 2015 01:04 PM

Nice clean wagon .....

taylor85 25 September 2015 03:26 PM

Nice wagon

hardcoreimpreza 25 September 2015 03:46 PM

Nice, thats not easy to find with the classic shape.

Originally Posted by Phil3822 (Post 11741115)
Rear arches are as clean as the front. Not a spot of rust or damage. Seem ok on the inside from what I can see so far. Will find out more when get it up on ramp for service.

Can any answer "What is De-amber and c/c?" please.

Thanks for the welcome.

taylor85 25 September 2015 03:54 PM

Just saw your in Cambridgeshire too , my wagon is same colour

Reshard1977 25 September 2015 07:17 PM

You are in VERY good hands with Tim Farmer, he's one of the best, and a really nice guy to boot. Wish he would come down to London to do jobs!

Welcome to Scoobynet, a lot useful threads for you to get a good understanding of everything Scooby. A lot ot tw@ts too, but if you can ignore them, you will get a lot out of the forum :-)

Beautiful wagon! Look after it, they are going up in value ;-)

Phil3822 25 September 2015 07:28 PM

Hi Taylor, yeah in Cambridge and looking to maybe go for a cruise or pint with local people to talk Scooby etc.

Cheers Reshard. Tim should be coming round mine in a week or 2. Lives less than 30 minutes from mine so please got someone so close that knows the job and car. Initial service price from him seems good as well.

Really want to have aircon being addicted to the cool air but looking an expensive job. I can get the gear easy enough but man do auto elecs know how to charge. Vary in price and experience big time.

Enjoying being part of the forum and thanks for the welcome.

fat-thomas 25 September 2015 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Reshard1977 (Post 11741615)
You are in VERY good hands with Tim Farmer, he's one of the best, and a really nice guy to boot. Wish he would come down to London to do jobs!

Welcome to Scoobynet, a lot useful threads for you to get a good understanding of everything Scooby. A lot ot tw@ts too, but if you can ignore them, you will get a lot out of the forum :-)

Beautiful wagon! Look after it, they are going up in value ;-)

+1 for tim