ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Prodrive back-box question (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1029724-prodrive-back-box-question.html)

Peedee 18 September 2015 02:49 PM

Prodrive back-box question

Quick question guys.....

I want to fit a Prodrive backbox onto my hawk sti that currently has the standard backbox. Is it a one for one swap I.e remove the standard one, put the Prodrive one on?

Pete.

BLU 18 September 2015 02:49 PM

Yup, straight swap. Be sure to have a new gasket to hand ;)

UberMeister 22 September 2015 10:32 AM

Similar question so thought I'd tag on to this thread...

Are all Prodrive boxes the same? Will one from a STI fit a WRX?

Will one from a saloon fit a wagon?

EqualizerCS 22 April 2017 04:21 PM

Due to the fact that I don't want to open a new thread I searched one old one which will fit my question. Two weeks ago I bought a wonderful low mileage Aspen White MY07 Hawkeye STI with a forged engine in UK. The car is equipped with a full Prodrive package as well.

For the registration in Germany it is needed, that the backbox has an EG approval. The old Prodrive backbox (SE 061 SU) which got fitted to the Blob Eye's had that approval marked on but the new Prodrive backbox (SE 161 SU) which got fitted to the Hawk-Eye's hadn't that anymore.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...55a4a20211.png

Finally my main question. Will the Prodrive backbox which got fitted to the Blob-Eye's also fit to the Hawk-Eye's? Then I will need a good used one to make the car road legal here in Germany.

EqualizerCS

scotty boy 80 23 April 2017 01:10 AM

Can get round and oval prodrive bbox

EqualizerCS 23 April 2017 09:40 PM

I have written an email to you because I need one SE 061 SU Newage backbox with an E4 approval on it.

EqualizerCS

jaygsi 23 April 2017 10:29 PM

Yes a Blobeye and bugeye prodrive back box will fit your Hawkeye.

EqualizerCS 25 April 2017 10:54 PM

That sounds good, now I just have to find one.

EqualizerCS

jaygsi 26 April 2017 02:11 PM

I did have one but sold now. Will keep eyes peeled. Ask Matty.

stevie1982 24 October 2018 07:42 PM

Curious but are the wrx and sti "prodrive" back boxes the same? Same part number? Same spec or were they different

Reason I ask is Ive been looking on ebay and the prodrive back boxes seem to always be from a wrx, not often I have seen them being removed from an sti. Fancy one for my foz STi that I have coming.

I know you can get a round or oval exit, ideally after round which I belive came off a bug or blob and the oval the hawkeye

Any help appreciated.

jaygsi 24 October 2018 11:03 PM

Hi no oval is WR1 Prodrive and round is just Prodrive. Oval can be found on number of years not just hawkeye.

Believe the STI is the same part number. The ones off a WRX I would have thought would have come with the Prodrive package only or optional extra.

stevie1982 25 October 2018 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 12031980)
Hi no oval is WR1 Prodrive and round is just Prodrive. Oval can be found on number of years not just hawkeye.

Believe the STI is the same part number. The ones off a WRX I would have thought would have come with the Prodrive package only or optional extra.

Right cheers for that Jay, I'm after a round pipe as it'll suit the back of the forester better imo. As long as they are one of the same thing I just wasn't sure if the sti got a slightly revised prodrive version or if they were the same

Croney 25 October 2018 08:59 PM

Dont want to alter/ hijack op's post, but... I want to fit a round prodrive to my 3" rcm center, I love the prodrive look and now although its modified now was a ppp car to start with. Would it be possible for any exhaust fabricator to mod one to suite ?
Any body with a pridrive back box know the tip diameter, Iv searched and not found anything.

jaygsi 25 October 2018 09:53 PM

You need an official Forester one bud, the Impreza tail pipe is too short. The Forester models had a longer exit pipe.

Originally Posted by stevie1982 (Post 12032015)
Right cheers for that Jay, I'm after a round pipe as it'll suit the back of the forester better imo. As long as they are one of the same thing I just wasn't sure if the sti got a slightly revised prodrive version or if they were the same

jaygsi 25 October 2018 09:55 PM

Yes but you might aswell just buy a 2.5" centre pipe, as 3" will be no point if you have a Prodrive rear back box with a 2.5" inlet pipe. Will just restrict flow.

Originally Posted by Croney (Post 12032107)
Dont want to alter/ hijack op's post, but... I want to fit a round prodrive to my 3" rcm center, I love the prodrive look and now although its modified now was a ppp car to start with. Would it be possible for any exhaust fabricator to mod one to suite ?
Any body with a pridrive back box know the tip diameter, Iv searched and not found anything.