ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Chrome no longer loads? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1029686-chrome-no-longer-loads.html)

alcazar 17 September 2015 04:31 PM

Chrome no longer loads?

I have Firefox and chrome, Firefox gets most use, I just find it more intuitive.

Yesterday Firefox was playing games, (it turned out to be the router), so I double-clicked Chrome.
The little revolving icon came up immediately, but after about ten seconds, it disappeared, and Chrome never loaded.

The same happens every time now.

I've tried downloading it again, but same result.

I CAN get in by going to Firefox and Googling Chrome, in order to download it?

SwissTony 17 September 2015 04:38 PM

no point installing it over the original copy if it is damaged. I take it you are on a pc so can you uninstall it via the control panel in add remove programmes (or programmes and features)

Then reinstall it and see it comes back that way

alcazar 17 September 2015 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 11738568)
no point installing it over the original copy if it is damaged. I take it you are on a pc so can you uninstall it via the control panel in add remove programmes (or programmes and features)

Then reinstall it and see it comes back that way

Will try that. Thx.
I (probably wrongly) assumed that if I reinstalled it would wipe the maybe damaged original. Sigh.

Nowt's easy is it.

alcazar 17 September 2015 06:43 PM

Nope. Failed.
Clicking on it opens some sort of window, as does right clicking on it.
Then, when I click "uninstall" it pings and gives me the message, "Please close all Google Chrome Windows and try again"...yet I didn't open the damned window.

Even highlighting it and then clicking "uninstall" at the top, does the same:mad:

SwissTony 17 September 2015 07:58 PM

Chrome no longer loads?

It sounds as if Windows thinks it is still running
Press Ctrl +alt+delete to get to the task manager
And see if it is running and close it from there
It may be under the processes tab

Failing that ping me a pm and I can do a remote session to your PC via teamviewer if you like and get it sorted

alcazar 17 September 2015 09:51 PM

Thanks, will have a look at ctrl+ alt + del tonite, if it's running and close it, then ping you tomorrow if that's OK?

Only Firefox running.

Edited to say: Just tried it again, it's now allowed me to delete it, so will now download and re-instal.

alcazar 17 September 2015 10:05 PM

OK, that's sorted it, once I remembered to re-start after deleting. Until then it still thought it was there. Chrome now works again.

Thanks Swiss.

SwissTony 17 September 2015 10:08 PM

Chrome no longer loads?

No Problem mate glad you got it sorted :)