ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Journalist condones keying of 'swanky' cars (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1029595-journalist-condones-keying-of-swanky-cars.html)

f1_fan 14 September 2015 10:45 PM

Journalist condones keying of 'swanky' cars

Joys of pootling along in the car

So what do we think? Personally I think she's inciting criminal acts and on pretty dodgy ground! No surprise as it's the press and they like nothing more than to be controversial for the sake of it!

Brun 14 September 2015 10:50 PM

Welcome back :thumb:

Brun 14 September 2015 10:53 PM

Another well researched article - V8 Vanquish???

daviee 14 September 2015 10:54 PM

I would be very interested what she drives. It wont be a entry model small hatch I bet.

markjmd 14 September 2015 11:01 PM

I wonder how she'd feel if someone posted a blog urging people to key her face? Just as moronic, retarded, narrow-minded, hate-filled etc as what she's doing here. All in the name of the environment and social equality of course, except what the stupid cow doesn't seem to realize is that this kind of damage to a car just produces more pollution and puts up everyone else's insurance premiums.

If she wasn't writing north of the border I expect her editor would be kicking her down the stairs right now.

legb4rsk 14 September 2015 11:05 PM

What a complete and utter load of nonsense written by someone who knows nothing about cars or motoring & who are the real problems on the road.

I don't worry about the very,very few people driving ultra high-end cars,Astons,Lambo's,Ferrari's etc.
I do ,however,worry about the hundreds of young silly little knobheads driving like idiots in their £500,uninsured,un-maintained *hit boxes.

Tidgy 14 September 2015 11:28 PM

Jesus, she needs the sack as well. Lets go and break the windows in her house and see how she likes it

silver-sub 15 September 2015 12:17 AM

What a stupid women.

jods 15 September 2015 12:59 AM

Stupid yes, but she's also fvcking dog ugly.

wrx300scooby 15 September 2015 07:17 AM

A good keying would probably improve her looks, stupid woman!!!!

ditchmyster 15 September 2015 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by jods (Post 11737193)

:lol1: Bit harsh mate, she's not that bad, trying to think of the name of the actress she looks a bit like, but with brown hair, was in a famous film with Hugh Grant, but my mind has completely blanked her and the name of the film out.

She's sure not doing much for the not all blonds are dumb campaign.

ALi-B 15 September 2015 07:35 AM

This story's been doing the rounds, some good suggestions over on pistonheads. And more notably the comments section of her article has since been disabled...

So she's allowed to "freely express" her opinion that its ok to break the law, but those rightly pointing that out are censored.

Her attitude shows everything that is wrong with this country. My house is broken into multiple times with damage and loss racking into thousands, but because I live in "a fancy house" is it ok for me to be continually targeted? That's her logic, so it has to extend further than nice cars, so it has to be houses too as well as anything else that is expensive and nice. Well, maybe once she's had it happen a few times and faced with both the aftermath, inconvenience and then being uninsurable, maybe just maybe she'll think different.

So I'm going being ironic here...but lets all keep breaking in and damaging her house, because she's a nasty person. Maybe, just maybe then she'll know what it is to be a victim of scum. It'll be the only way someone like this will realise how damaging to society this evil and puerile "journalism" is.

Or maybe the right way is to see this for what it is..wannabe click bait attention whoreing. Complain to the chief editor about the condoning of illegal activity and the paper's sponsors/advertisers who happen to be alot of main dealerships: http://www.heraldscotland.com/heralddrive/

hodgy0_2 15 September 2015 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11737218)
:lol1: Bit harsh mate, she's not that bad, trying to think of the name of the actress she looks a bit like, but with brown hair, was in a famous film with Hugh Grant, but my mind has completely blanked her and the name of the film out.

Andie MacDowell

and yes she is a tool

ditchmyster 15 September 2015 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11737225)
Andie MacDowell

and yes she is a tool

My memory man to the rescue, yet again. :lol1:

Going to have to get you on speed dial. :lol1:

Blue by You 15 September 2015 08:04 AM

She needs slap - end of.

dpb 15 September 2015 08:13 AM

I don't think you'll get a house for 70k now even in middlesboro

So factual incorrect as well as the usual desperate tripe

SJ_Skyline 15 September 2015 08:21 AM

I'm sure she would be off to the police if people started committing acts of criminal damage against her personal property.

And what of the paper actually giving her a mouthpiece? :rolleyes:

She comes over as trying too hard to out-do Katie Hopkins in spouting sensationalist tripe to rile the public.

f1_fan 15 September 2015 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 11737234)
She comes over as trying too hard to out-do Katie Hopkins in spouting sensationalist tripe to rile the public.

Spot on analysis, I was trying to think who she reminded me of and you've nailed it! :thumb:

gazzawrx 15 September 2015 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11737218)

Renee zellweger is who your thinking of mate, they were both in bridget jones' diary :thumb:

An0n0m0us 15 September 2015 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by jods (Post 11737193)

:lol1: you don't hang back do you

silver-sub 15 September 2015 09:59 AM

She looks like Pauline Quirke.

scoobyskool 15 September 2015 11:56 AM

poor woman has obviously never had an orgasm

alcazar 15 September 2015 02:38 PM

Cod-gobbed baggage.
I'd like to key her.

Blue by You 15 September 2015 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyskool (Post 11737356)
poor woman has obviously never had an orgasm

:lol:
Not likely to either if she carries on like this.

Lillyart14 15 September 2015 05:51 PM

I didn't think the article would be as bad as it's being made out but sweet Jesus she needs a kicking in the ovaries. I've never read something so ****ing stupid in all my life...

BoozyDave 17 September 2015 10:39 PM

WTF!

jameswrx 18 September 2015 04:24 PM

From what I understand that's a 'toned down' version too. Sure I read that the original one was actually insighting people to do the same thing.

What a hateful woman though. What gives her the right to deem what is gross spending anyway? I bet she drives a new'ish car, so does that mean I should detest her show of wealth compared to my 15 year old car? There's plenty of people in the world that could only dream of living such a fruitful life as she no doubt does. I guess that makes her disgusting for not giving all her wages away and living on the street.

Alan Jeffery 18 September 2015 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by jameswrx (Post 11738979)
From what I understand that's a 'toned down' version too. Sure I read that the original one was actually insighting people to do the same thing.

What a hateful woman though. What gives her the right to deem what is gross spending anyway? I bet she drives a new'ish car, so does that mean I should detest her show of wealth compared to my 15 year old car? There's plenty of people in the world that could only dream of living such a fruitful life as she no doubt does. I guess that makes her disgusting for not giving all her wages away and living on the street.

Very well put, and exactly my thoughts.

BoozyDave 18 September 2015 10:24 PM

I emailed them with a complaint about the stupid b1tch, this is the reply

Dear Reader,
Thank you for your comments regarding Catriona Stewart’s column in The Herald of September 11. I am sorry that the column has offended you. This was neither Catriona’s intention, nor The Herald’s.

Her intention was to use the story about the conviction for “keying” an expensive car as a starting point to write about her views on people who drive expensive, high-performance cars. Her views

that such people tend to drive aggressively and in a disrespectful way – will be shared by some readers but opposed by others.

That is her opinion and she is entitled to express it in a newspaper that believes in free speech and open debate. Her intention was to use the example of “keying” to reinforce her position on such drivers. This she strove to do by making references to “keying” that were intended to be sardonic.

Catriona would never “key” or otherwise vandalise a car. The Herald condones neither action and believes that those convicted of such offences should be punished appropriately by the law.

With the benefit of hindsight, we should all have taken greater care to ensure that the finished article was less intemperate in tone.

We believe in balance as well as tone and, in today’s edition, we published an article by the commentator Andrew McKie that takes issue with Catriona’s views in a clear-headed and intelligent way. In addition, we published on today’s Letters Pages correspondence from three readers who disagree with Catriona. I have attached both in case you have not had the opportunity to read them.

Our intention in publishing Catriona’s article was to stimulate interest and debate. We have certainly done so in this case and I am sorry if you believe this has been the outcome for reasons that are questionable or wrong.

Yours sincerely,

Barclay McBain

Deputy Editor

Herald & Times Group | 200 Renfield St | Glasgow | G2 3QB

t 0141 302 7042 & 0141 302 6650

e barclay.mcbain@theherald.co.uk

w heraldscotland.com

InTurbo 18 September 2015 10:31 PM

Would like to hear how she's feels if I go and key her car!