ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   Clifford Blackjax (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/1029499-clifford-blackjax.html)

JohnSmith 13 September 2015 05:08 PM

Clifford Blackjax

I have problems with my Blackjax in that it takes a long time for it to accept the code

so most of the time it is in Valet mode

Can I just rip it all out and have done with it ?

I know I can't just remove the fuses or pull the control unit, but can I remove everything, all of the wiring ?

smunns 15 September 2015 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by JohnSmith (Post 11736313)
I have problems with my Blackjax in that it takes a long time for it to accept the code

so most of the time it is in Valet mode

Can I just rip it all out and have done with it ?

I know I can't just remove the fuses or pull the control unit, but can I remove everything, all of the wiring ?

Yes you can take it out but would get someone that knows what they are doing

JohnSmith 18 September 2015 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by smunns (Post 11737649)
Yes you can take it out but would get someone that knows what they are doing

I know I can take it out

What I wanted to know is if I (as in me personally) take it out, not someone else
:)

boosted 18 September 2015 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by JohnSmith (Post 11739040)
I know I can take it out

What I wanted to know is if I (as in me personally) take it out, not someone else
:)

I don't know how good you are with electrics so couldn't possibly comment on your ability.
But I got my side cutters on my black jacks and now it's gone! No probs at all.

smunns 18 September 2015 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by boosted (Post 11739055)
I don't know how good you are with electrics so couldn't possibly comment on your ability.
But I got my side cutters on my black jacks and now it's gone! No probs at all.

So is it starting ok then?

boosted 18 September 2015 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by smunns (Post 11739061)
So is it starting ok then?

I hope so, I did it 14,000 miles ago

JohnSmith 19 September 2015 03:30 PM

I am reasonably adept with electrics, but from what I can see the blackjax unit itself goes to the main loom in the ignition

Not sure if wires were cut from the original loom and need to be joined back up or not

I don't want to just chop all the wires out and then the car not start LOL

I have just bought a new keypad in case it is just that, but it has been on valet mode for about 5 years, making it rather pointless

boosted 19 September 2015 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by JohnSmith (Post 11739246)
I am reasonably adept with electrics, but from what I can see the blackjax unit itself goes to the main loom in the ignition

Not sure if wires were cut from the original loom and need to be joined back up or not

I don't want to just chop all the wires out and then the car not start LOL

I have just bought a new keypad in case it is just that, but it has been on valet mode for about 5 years, making it rather pointless

Of course the original loom will need to be maintained. You can't. Just cut the thing out and expect the car to start and run. Although if you are as confident at electrics as you say then I'm sure you will have no problem identifying what the installer of the immobiliser has intercepted and done, the reversal is quite easy.