ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Stolen classic (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1029467-stolen-classic.html)

karloskarlotti81 13 September 2015 08:17 AM

Stolen classic

Hi my scooby classic was stolen off my drive last night in Manchester without the keys and no battery in it. It seems to have been lifted not dragged or drove.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...b6ac52e0b2.jpg

Reg is t335 avc.

stonejedi 13 September 2015 08:21 AM

Sorry to hear this,was it taken from your driveway or the side of the road?.SJ.

karloskarlotti81 13 September 2015 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 11736028)
Sorry to hear this,was it taken from your driveway or the side of the road?.SJ.

Drive way fella.

kevo10 13 September 2015 08:33 AM

Nice motor too. Hope you get it back

stonejedi 13 September 2015 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by karloskarlotti81 (Post 11736031)
Drive way fella.

Was you in at the time?.As a pickup lorry makes noise,but if that is how you think they done it that is the most brazen thief I have heard of in a while,pi*s takers.SJ.

karloskarlotti81 13 September 2015 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 11736042)
Was you in at the time?.As a pickup lorry makes noise,but if that is how you think they done it that is the most brazen thief I have heard of in a while,pi*s takers.SJ.

Mate I went bed at midnight. Got up for 6 and its gone.
It's not moved for a year so it's got them dirt marks round where the tyres have been stood for a while. Plus rear brake cailper had seized on on one side. No locks on car and another car parked literally right next to it not even a mark on it. It's the only way they could of taken it. Minus no battery in it. Madness.

ossett2k2 13 September 2015 09:53 AM

That's terrible news! I had mine stolen 3 months ago but never got it back.
We did post the theft up on Facebook and the whole country was looking out for it,it was seen by a couple of FB members but we couldn't track it down. It might be worth putting up a post on FB as it can only help.(If you haven't already)
Hope you get it back mate and the scumbags get caught.

silver-sub 13 September 2015 10:49 AM

Seems like a nice motor, hope u get it back.

stonejedi 13 September 2015 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11736073)
That's terrible news! I had mine stolen 3 months ago but never got it back.
We did post the theft up on Facebook and the whole country was looking out for it,it was seen by a couple of FB members but we couldn't track it down. It might be worth putting up a post on FB as it can only help.(If you haven't already)
Hope you get it back mate and the scumbags get caught.

THIS!!! Scoobynet is a start but get the word out on as much Subaru sites as possible with a picture like you have done here with a detailed modification list so if any similar parts crop up for sale they might be from your car.I don't do Facebook myself,but I know if you are trying to get the word out its the best media source going.SJ.

jaygsi 14 September 2015 12:38 AM

Stolen classic

Gutted. Sounds insane, seems a lot of effort for a classic. I don't do gay face either but that's where to spread the word.

tom-r33 14 September 2015 01:12 AM

Wow, sorry buddy, that's not the sort of thing you would ever expect to happen!

Could it have been done with say 4-6 guys, a set of skates and transport parked close by?

karloskarlotti81 14 September 2015 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by tom-r33 (Post 11736598)
Wow, sorry buddy, that's not the sort of thing you would ever expect to happen!

Could it have been done with say 4-6 guys, a set of skates and transport parked close by?

I still can't get my head round how they have taken it. If they would of started it I would of heard it with a turbo back 3inch exhaust. Plus 2 other cars parked round it.

hardcoreimpreza 14 September 2015 11:34 AM

They can't be many people with a lifting arm to lift cars in your area. Anywhere CCTV near you?

south_scoob 14 September 2015 11:59 AM

Agree wirh everything said. Id go with jacked onto skates too, im sure you have to rev a crane lorry to get presure and would have made lots of noise. nice car but seems crazy when you could do the same to a much more valuable car..

Go cctv hunting

karloskarlotti81 19 September 2015 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by south_scoob (Post 11736751)
Agree wirh everything said. Id go with jacked onto skates too, im sure you have to rev a crane lorry to get presure and would have made lots of noise. nice car but seems crazy when you could do the same to a much more valuable car..

Go cctv hunting

I was thinking this. Had a brand new mk7 golf gti parked next to it why not take that . . Not a couple of grand Scooby.
Checked for cctv in the area. Nothing.
Still gutted.

jaygsi 20 September 2015 03:09 PM

Very odd. You should post a picture from the front. So the reg is showing, or how will people keep alook out for it?

karloskarlotti81 20 September 2015 09:14 PM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...9af48e9c44.png

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11739525)
Very odd. You should post a picture from the front. So the reg is showing, or how will people keep alook out for it?

BoozyDave 20 September 2015 09:47 PM

sorry to hear about the theft :mad:

some thieves are so brazen it's ridiculous. A mate bought a house to do up and had a static caravan in the garden to live in. One day he got home from work and the caravan had gone. He asked some of the neighbors and one had been talking to the blokes that took it away on a lorry. The thieves were chatting to him and showed him some paperwork. They even blocked the main road for 10 mins while they maneuvered off the drive and onto the road.

hardcoreimpreza 21 September 2015 10:57 AM

That looks different colour to top picture.

karloskarlotti81 21 September 2015 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by hardcoreimpreza (Post 11739750)
That looks different colour to top picture.

Same car just the side one was fresh from a T cut other was in a old garage.