ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Clutch or turbo problem?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/1029139-clutch-or-turbo-problem.html)

Cunliffe 04 September 2015 03:59 PM

Clutch or turbo problem??

Did my weekly commute to work 120 miles from Manchester to Nuneaton, noticed when the kicks in when putting power down a little it suddenly jumps from 3500rpm to like 6000 if I keep foot on pedal obv take it off soon as it happened but been happening more now but there is a burning smell aswell after the revs calm back down could this be a clutch slipping which is my main thought or would it be a turbo issue as when I pull away in first second normally it's fine no problem just at the turbo stage it's on a 54 blob eye wrx only mod is a dump valve all stock underneath

bengo 05 September 2015 12:39 PM

Deffo clutch, slipping with torque

Y27JLC 05 September 2015 12:47 PM

yeah I have this exact same problem. booked in for a lightweight flywheel and clutch.
only problem I have is a transmission noise too. do you suffer this?

Cunliffe 05 September 2015 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Y27JLC (Post 11732671)
yeah I have this exact same problem. booked in for a lightweight flywheel and clutch.
only problem I have is a transmission noise too. do you suffer this?

Yeah mine had like a ' Hoover noise ' when I'm about 65mph but it doesn't always happen mainly when my foots off the gas. How much did it cost to replace the clutch?

Y27JLC 05 September 2015 04:09 PM

Yeah i think it may be the clutch release bearing. Its booked in for a pinkbox clutch, lightweight flywheel and my engine mounts fitted and its 800.

Cunliffe 16 September 2015 09:50 AM

I just had my clutch done was 520 inc part which was a exceed, but im having issues with the dump valve ive changed it but its still making the same noise when you change gear instead of a nice pshhhhhh its more of a pshhh with a loud noise at the end like when you turn a hoover off , and its also loosing coolant now :(

Y27JLC 16 September 2015 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cunliffe (Post 11737801)
I just had my clutch done was 520 inc part which was a exceed, but im having issues with the dump valve ive changed it but its still making the same noise when you change gear instead of a nice pshhhhhh its more of a pshhh with a loud noise at the end like when you turn a hoover off , and its also loosing coolant now :(

What make valve is it? I had issues with my forge one, stripped it, cleaned and regreased with silicone grease. Works a treat now. Could also me a vacuum/air leak from somewhere.

Cunliffe 16 September 2015 10:36 AM

im not sure aint had it that long its a 54 plate wrx , YR54WCN if that helps but I rang the garage who did it and its booked in Saturday morning ( I work away from home )

Y27JLC 19 September 2015 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cunliffe (Post 11737813)
im not sure aint had it that long its a 54 plate wrx , YR54WCN if that helps but I rang the garage who did it and its booked in Saturday morning ( I work away from home )

The coolant will most probably be a loose hose clip or something as they will have had the engine out to do the clutch. The valve however could be anything.