ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   *****September ESOC Pub Meet***** (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/1029106-september-esoc-pub-meet.html)

Frizzle-Dee 03 September 2015 07:57 PM

*****September ESOC Pub Meet*****

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 43483

I know right? A meet thread going up mere 5 days after the last one?! What witchcraft is this??

** A massive thank you to Rob for the lovely flyer- I think we can all agree that the sunset theme is a nice touch seeing as this meet marks the end of an era (as it stands) as well as the end of the summer for 2015 **

Anyone who has frequented the forum of late will be aware that the current monthly pub meet's future has been hanging in the balance for quite some time now.

In the previous thread for August, it was announced, with regret, that September is to be the last.
Now, that's not to say that there will never ever be another gathering of this nature ever again, or that we are all giving up and calling it quits on the ESOC. Far from it. It just simply means that for the time being, a mutual decision has been made to take a step back and have a little rethink.

Attendance has been poor of late and I can appreciate that when you only have a week's notice it can be difficult to find the time to spare a few hours to gather together.
This is the reason why this thread has been created so soon, in a bid to give people a chance to clear a date in their diary's and to make September one of the best turn-out we've had in years! Like the good ol' days.

Hopefully the weather will still be nice but please remember we have plenty of room and warmth in the pub should the weather turn poor and food and warm drinks are always available for anyone who is hungry. And of course if the weather is good we have plenty of room in the gardens.

Naturally, new owners shouldn't be disheartened or put off by the notion of this being the last meet. You are more than welcome and we'd be happy to have you join us so please, make yourselves known.

There is also the opportunity to discuss any upcoming events or shows that anyone is interested in attending with the club. Also please feel free to suggest any shows or events for us all to attend as a club that you may have in mind.

The family owned pub offers fresh home prepared food hot & cold (food is served from 12 - 2pm) as well as a nice children friendly area for all the mini Esoc members.

13:00pm Saturday 26th September

The Rodney Inn
North Hill
Little Baddow
Chelmsford
Cm3 4tq.

Now the boring part. Please don't act in any form of stupidity i.e testing your exhaust loudness, donuts, burnouts etc. Any one caught or been reported to acting in this manner will be dealt with in certain ways which can lead to being asked to leave the venue. SN accepts no responsibility for anyone's driving style.

Right now that's done lets get some names down.

Frizzle-Dee 03 September 2015 08:01 PM

1. Frizzle-Dee

stealthbomber 04 September 2015 10:36 AM

Id really like to come along, is it ok to bring my little boy though as the wifes just told me she's working?

Frizzle-Dee 04 September 2015 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by stealthbomber (Post 11732237)
Id really like to come along, is it ok to bring my little boy though as the wifes just told me she's working?

That won't be a problem at all! The more the merrier! :thumb:

stealthbomber 04 September 2015 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Frizzle-Dee (Post 11732264)
That won't be a problem at all! The more the merrier! :thumb:

Great, he'll only be 5 months old so shouldn't be any trouble! I'd better get the wagon dusted off and looking respectable!

DantheMan2605 07 September 2015 07:56 AM

1. Frizzle-Dee
2. Stealthbomber
3. DantheMan

AdamJM 07 September 2015 11:51 AM

Will see what Im working

Kickboxerjay 07 September 2015 06:23 PM

I'll be there

Originally Posted by DantheMan2605 (Post 11733363)
1. Frizzle-Dee
2. Stealthbomber
3. DantheMan

4.kickboxerjay

JohnD 07 September 2015 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by stealthbomber (Post 11732273)
Great, he'll only be 5 months old so shouldn't be any trouble! I'd better get the wagon dusted off and looking respectable!

Ahhh..................As cute as those puppies! (well - almost)

Good post Frizz Love the puppies but as you know, I prefer kittens - just.
Hope to be there.

JohnD

1. Frizzle-Dee
2. Stealthbomber
3. DantheMan
4. Kickboxerjay
5. JohnD

Luckystrike 07 September 2015 08:09 PM

1. Frizzle-Dee
2. Stealthbomber
3. DantheMan
4. Kickboxerjay
5. JohnD
6. Luckystrike

Scoobysmeet 07 September 2015 09:44 PM

1. Frizzle-Dee
2. Stealthbomber
3. DantheMan
4. Kickboxerjay
5. JohnD
6. Luckystrike
7. Scoobysmeet

Rallysl4g 07 September 2015 11:54 PM

I will be down as a maybe, new member coming from Kent.

The maybe is due to engine rebuild but if what I need doing is done in time I'll look forward to meeting you all :thumb:

If not I'll attend the following meet but Deffo up for regular meets.

Lillyart14 08 September 2015 12:36 AM

To echo above, I'm a maybe from Kent. Depends if I can get the day off work...

Frizzle-Dee 08 September 2015 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rallysl4g (Post 11733843)
I will be down as a maybe, new member coming from Kent.

The maybe is due to engine rebuild but if what I need doing is done in time I'll look forward to meeting you all :thumb:

If not I'll attend the following meet but Deffo up for regular meets.

Originally Posted by Lillyart14 (Post 11733849)
To echo above, I'm a maybe from Kent. Depends if I can get the day off work...

Hey Guys,
It would be great to have you join us so fingers crossed you'll both be able to make it.

I shall add you both to the list :thumb:

1. Frizzle-Dee
2. Stealthbomber
3. DantheMan
4. Kickboxerjay
5. JohnD
6. Luckystrike
7. Scoobysmeet
8. Rallysl4g (tbc)
9. Lillyart14 (tbc)

With potentially 9 people so far, we have far surpassed the last few meets combined. Keep those names coming guys!

(Had I known puppies were such an effective promotional aid, I would have included them a lot sooner) :lol1:

Frizzle-Dee 08 September 2015 08:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JohnD (Post 11733683)
Ahhh..................As cute as those puppies! (well - almost)

Good post Frizz Love the puppies but as you know, I prefer kittens - just.
Hope to be there.

JohnD

Then this one is just for you John- Enjoy!

Attachment 43287

JohnD 08 September 2015 03:51 PM

Ahhh.....................Thanks Frizz.

JohnD

bazzy87 08 September 2015 09:32 PM

If like to attend to meet you all, but new here and never been on a meet before?

Hello all,

I'd like to come and meet you all but I'm new here and never been on a meet before, if I'm welcome, I'd love to come along and meet some scooby owners.
And see some scoobys too 😊

Frizzle-Dee 09 September 2015 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by bazzy87 (Post 11734159)
Hello all,

I'd like to come and meet you all but I'm new here and never been on a meet before, if I'm welcome, I'd love to come along and meet some scooby owners.
And see some scoobys too 😊

Hey mate, you are more than welcome to come and join us. It's always nice to see a fresh face.
I shall add you to the ever-expanding list and we look forward to meeting you. :D

1. Frizzle-Dee
2. Stealthbomber
3. DantheMan
4. Kickboxerjay
5. JohnD
6. Luckystrike
7. Scoobysmeet
8. Rallysl4g (tbc)
9. Lillyart14 (tbc)
10. bazzy87

bazzy87 09 September 2015 08:26 AM

Thanks "frizzle-dee" look forward to it :)

Scoobysmeet 09 September 2015 03:42 PM

Seems like we should just let Zo organise the meets. She's put more in this week than I've have in about 6 months :razz::lol::thumb:

DantheMan2605 09 September 2015 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobysmeet (Post 11734401)
Seems like we should just let Zo organise the meets. She's put more in this week than I've have in about 6 months :razz::lol::thumb:

Female organisation and puppies...

Testosterone... Beer... And pictures of subarus was clearly the wrong way to go about it mate :thumb:

I echo the above, be nice to meet some new faces and have a chat...

I'm letting myself go with this one.. The cars getting cleaned and I'm gonna have a bacon sarnie :cool:

Scoobysmeet 09 September 2015 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by DantheMan2605 (Post 11734503)
Female organisation and puppies...

Testosterone... Beer... And pictures of subarus was clearly the wrong way to go about it mate :thumb:

I echo the above, be nice to meet some new faces and have a chat...

I'm letting myself go with this one.. The cars getting cleaned and I'm gonna have a bacon sarnie :cool:

To be fair mate I use the internet to look at lots of puppies! :norty: :eek::top:

JohnD 09 September 2015 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobysmeet (Post 11734531)
To be fair mate I use the internet to look at lots of puppies! :norty: :eek::top:

I was wondering how long it would be before someone would lower the tone of the thread!
When Frizz said "Here's a picture of some puppies" I wasn't expecting dogs!:norty:

Luckystrike 09 September 2015 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by JohnD (Post 11734581)
....When Frizz said "Here's a picture of some puppies" I wasn't expecting dogs!:norty:

Oi, you leave my friend alone.

But seriously, can you imagine the attendance if she did put those pics up......... :D

Frizzle-Dee 09 September 2015 10:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
>Ahem<

Isn't it past your bedtime boys?

Attachment 43274

AdamJM 10 September 2015 11:22 AM

Should be able to make this 1!!!! YYYYAAAAAAYYYYYYY

Frizzle-Dee 10 September 2015 03:48 PM

We're going to break into two pages soon.:Whatever_

1. Frizzle-Dee
2. Stealthbomber
3. DantheMan
4. Kickboxerjay
5. JohnD
6. Luckystrike
7. Scoobysmeet
8. Rallysl4g (tbc)
9. Lillyart14 (tbc)
10. bazzy87
11. AdamJM

Scoobysmeet 10 September 2015 09:10 PM

I forgot how excited our lil Zo gets about multi page threads:norty::norty::norty::norty:

Frizzle-Dee 11 September 2015 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Scoobysmeet (Post 11735010)
I forgot how excited our lil Zo gets about multi page threads:norty::norty::norty::norty:

That's because it's considered an achievement these days :lol1:

I expect to see this thread make at least 3 pages or else I'm not going :razz:

DantheMan2605 11 September 2015 01:06 PM

3 pages?

Gonna need to see more puppies :thumb: