ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Kenco Millicano (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1029052-kenco-millicano.html)

Turbohot 02 September 2015 12:13 PM

Kenco Millicano

Makes perfect sense.

More so when you've woken up quite late on a dark and rainy day, because you can afford to wake up late. Then you have a mug of Millicano Instant to hit your head and get you out of your half asleep mode. I have to say it's the best instant coffee so far, for me.

What's your preferred instant coffee? Is it as good of an eye opener as Milicano, or even better? Please enlighten. :)

dpb 02 September 2015 12:15 PM

Its all the same ***te so why pay over the odds

Morrison dark roast , quarter the price

Tidgy 02 September 2015 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11731341)

why buy a subaru? you can get a ford Ka, quarter of the price,,,,,,,,,

Turbohot 02 September 2015 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11731341)

You don't know what you're missing, dpb. Go and buy a tube of Millicano from Tesco or Co-Op, try it, then come back and talk to me. :cool: :D

Btw, thanks for sharing your preference tbh. I'll give it a try, and if comes out to be $h1t in taste, I'll post it to you. :thumb: :D

neil-h 02 September 2015 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11731337)
Makes perfect sense.

What's your preferred instant coffee? Is it as good of an eye opener as Milicano, or even better? Please enlighten. :)

I find Nescafe Azera to be quite a reasonable 'instant' coffee. That being said we've got a Nespresso machine which is comparable if not quicker than making a cup of instant and tastes far better.

Turbohot 02 September 2015 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11731344)
why buy a subaru? you can get a ford Ka, quarter of the price,,,,,,,,,

EXACTLY!!! :luxhello:

You tell him, Tidgy! :D

dpb 02 September 2015 12:23 PM

I do know what I'm missing , iv bought that stuff before , and realised its a total rip off !

Cpt Jack Sparrow 02 September 2015 12:26 PM

Is it me or when Milicano fist came out it was really fine granuals, and now its the same size as all other instants.

Was that not part of its selling point....

I may be imagining it all :Suspiciou

Turbohot 02 September 2015 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11731348)
I find Nescafe Azera to be quite a reasonable 'instant' coffee. That being said we've got a Nespresso machine which is comparable if not quicker than making a cup of instant and tastes far better.

Hello, Neil! Good to see you post. :)

We don't have coffee machine as all it will do is gather dust in our kitchen. Not big coffee drinkers here tbh. I've had Azera before, but the wake up kick Millicano renders seems to be more intense to me, for some reason. I say 'render', because it's more like a kick in cool slow motion; rather then a hard hit to knock you out, only to wake you up. Coffee paradox. :cool: :D

Turbohot 02 September 2015 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cpt Jack Sparrow (Post 11731351)
Is it me or when Milicano fist came out it was really fine granuals, and now its the same size as all other instants.

Don't remember, but I'm glad if it's just granules now, rather than fine powder. Powder instant coffees put me off. Funny how textures can affect your taste.

dpb 02 September 2015 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cpt Jack Sparrow (Post 11731351)

Its all just tiny wood particles painted with coffee coloured brown food dye , and a bit of flavouring

hth

Cpt Jack Sparrow 02 September 2015 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11731361)
Its all just tiny wood particles painted with coffee coloured brown food dye , and a bit of flavouring

hth

Yes that did help thanks :thumb:

Turbohot 02 September 2015 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11731361)

hth

That's quite a thought provoking eye opener, actually. :wonder:

Imagine how long it must take someone to paint each tiny wood particle, in order to fill a tube of Millicano :( Well, unless..... :idea:.....it's being done by the ultra-fast robots. :cool: :luxhello:

:lol1:

jonc 02 September 2015 01:01 PM

Prefer the Nescafe Azera to the Kenco stuff. But then just got myself a Nespresso machine and is far better than any instant and if you want that "kick", any of the pods in the Intenso range should do the trick!!

Tidgy 02 September 2015 01:06 PM

I've got a tassimo machine at home, a cafetiere at work and just bought an aeropress to try

ALi-B 02 September 2015 01:16 PM

Kenco columbian from the tassimo, black, 2 sugars :D

JTaylor 02 September 2015 01:34 PM

I understand cocaine is quite effective.

Turbohot 02 September 2015 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11731379)
Kenco columbian from the tassimo, black, 2 sugars :D

Two sugars?? :eek:

Your teeth are gonna drop out by the time you're 40, Ali! :D

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11731389)
I understand cocaine is quite effective.

Yes, I understand your understanding of cocaine being quite effective. You've talked about it in past. :D

So, now, are you totally resistant to coffee, then? :confused:

Turbohot 02 September 2015 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11731375)
I've got a tassimo machine at home, a cafetiere at work and just bought an aeropress to try

Gadget, gadget, gadget.

Men just like gadget, end of. ;) :D

Almost every man with or without family has a coffee machine. :D

wayne9t9 02 September 2015 01:49 PM

PG Tips :thumb:

JTaylor 02 September 2015 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11731391)
Two sugars?? :eek:

Your teeth are gonna drop out by the time you're 40, Ali! :D

Yes, I understand your understanding of cocaine being quite effective. You've talked about it in past. :D

So, now, are you totally resistant to coffee, then? :confused:

I've tried main-lining Death Wish coffee, but all it did was make me twitch a bit. No, my recommendation, if one is insisting on a potent stimulant, is to bang a couple of fat lines of good old Colombian marching powder up one's hooter. :thumb:

Turbohot 02 September 2015 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by wayne9t9 (Post 11731395)
PG Tips :thumb:

Sorry, but that's a tea.

But maybe the coffee bags like tea bags are also PG Tips invention? I had that sort of coffee in coffee bags in some conferences. Not as good as Millicano, but it tasted alright, actually. Kept me awake during boring presentations. Perhaps they're produced by Kenco for being not too bad. Coffee bags (dippable in a cardboard cup or a China mug full of hot water), I mean.

JackClark 02 September 2015 01:58 PM

I had a tiny tin from Starbucks once that was bloody nice!

This is my current pot

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...5bd78d0732.jpg

My Pot James

Turbohot 02 September 2015 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11731399)
I've tried main-lining Death Wish coffee, but all it did was make me twitch a bit. No, my recommendation, if one is insisting on a potent stimulant, is to bang a couple of fat lines of good old Colombian marching powder up one's hooter. :thumb:

Ok, so coffee is not so effective for you, then. Ok.

Personally, I won't try your recommendation but I 'wow' (as to say 'WOW!!!!) your cloud 10 experience. ;) :D

I hear that sniffing Coke can bend your nose and things. Is it true? :confused:

Turbohot 02 September 2015 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11731403)
I had a tiny tin from Starbucks once that was bloody nice!

This is my current pot

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...5bd78d0732.jpg

My Pot James

What? You have a human name for your coffee pot gadget i.e. James? :lol1:

It is nice and shiny. Well done, very nice. :D

JTaylor 02 September 2015 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11731405)

Ok, so coffee is not so effective for you, then. Ok.

Personally, I won't try your recommendation but I 'wow' (as to say 'WOW!!!!) your cloud 10 experience. ;) :D

I hear that sniffing Coke can bend your nose and things. Is it true? :confused:

I found snorting coke was nowhere near as bad as snorting crushed up ecstasy. Doing that was like inhaling detergent! Nearly ruined my singing voice, too, though years of abstinence means I can still just about hold a tune. :o

Turbohot 02 September 2015 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11731412)
I found snorting coke was nowhere near as bad as snorting crushed up ecstasy. Doing that was like inhaling detergent! Nearly ruined my singing voice, too, though years of abstinence means I can still just about hold a tune. :o

Oh, ok! Gizz a song, then! Go on! I'd like to hear it. :) I'd give one out but it'll sound as if you're dragging a supermarket £1 trolley with ungreased roller feet on a hospital floor. :(

DJ Dunk 02 September 2015 02:21 PM

If I don't have time to fire up the Gaggia, then it's a heaped spoonful of this :D

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41HpaPg1c1L.jpg

Turbohot 02 September 2015 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 11731418)
If I don't have time to fire up the Gaggia, then it's a heaped spoonful of this :D

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41HpaPg1c1L.jpg

Hm, that looks intriguing! Where do you get that from, then? :confused:

DJ Dunk 02 September 2015 02:32 PM

Most supermarkets sell it. Morrisons, Sainsburys, Waitrose; wherever is nearest :)

I tend to find the fine powdered 'espresso' instants better than the freeze dried granules.