ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   BT thinks scoobynet is dodgy (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1028546-bt-thinks-scoobynet-is-dodgy.html)

andy97 19 August 2015 08:07 AM

BT thinks scoobynet is dodgy

Without doing anything BT has blocked access to this site through my wifi. What are you lot posting that BT thinks is so risky as to apply parental control?

How do you switch the Bloody thing off?

I turned off parental controls but it still blocks scoobynet

pimmo2000 19 August 2015 08:09 AM

BT has your back .. it's their new Apple detection software, it finds people obsessed with Apple and keeps you secure ..

They call it the CCP service .. (Cnut Cult protection)

Tidgy 19 August 2015 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 11726117)
BT has your back .. it's their new Apple detection software, it finds people obsessed with Apple and keeps you secure ..

They call it the CCP service .. (Cnut Cult protection)

virgin dont, i still see jacks posts :(

:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

dpb 19 August 2015 09:03 AM

hmmmm.....so i can blame jack for my outages yesterday rather than windows 10

modrich 19 August 2015 10:34 AM

if you use a btinternet.com e-mail address they also block all notification e-mails from scoobynet as well. I contacted their IT dept who seemed unable to do anything about it...

WokaImp 19 August 2015 10:49 AM

So, the major issue here is that you're with BT.
Working in the Hosting/ISP industry I can safely say that BT is one of the worst ISPs I have ever been with. Their customer service and technical knowledge is quite simply that of a 3 year old.
I know it's not always possible to switch...but if you can...then do it...but not to TalkTalk. Virgin is by far one of the best ISPs I have been with.

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 11726114)
Without doing anything BT has blocked access
to this site through my wifi.

Wifi has nothing to do with your internet connection as such. Wifi is just wireless network communication so you don't have to plug your computers/devices into an RJ45 network cable.
What type of router do you have? the free one from BT? :cry:

There could be two possibilities here:
1. Your Wifi Router is actually blocking ScoobyNet
2. BT servers are blocking it

Do you have parental control setup on your router?

Originally Posted by modrich (Post 11726159)
if you use a btinternet.com e-mail address they also block all notification e-mails from scoobynet as well. I contacted their IT dept who seemed unable to do anything about it...

This is one of my pet hates of all times. Do not use the free email addresses given out to you by ISPs.

andy97 19 August 2015 11:57 AM

All sorted now

BT added and switched on parental control to my package. There were no websites on either blocked or accepted, so I don't know why Scoobynet suddenly became blocked.

It was BT that was blocking, because I was directed to their portal to sort out preferences.

All switched off and waited a little while for their servers to catch up. posting happily now on wifi :D

WokaImp 19 August 2015 12:33 PM

Glad it's fixed.

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 11726189)
posting happily now on wifi :D

Happily?! I'd be pissed if my ISP did this to me!

legb4rsk 19 August 2015 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 11726114)
Without doing anything BT has blocked access to this site through my wifi. What are you lot posting that BT thinks is so risky as to apply parental control?

How do you switch the Bloody thing off?

I turned off parental controls but it still blocks scoobynet

Have you seen the size of my exhaust pipe!!!!;)

OHHH ERRR Missus.

Dave Y 19 August 2015 07:52 PM

I am on BT internet and since we had to have a new modem all I get is Scoobynet is not responding......recover webcage.
Any ideas what to do ?

perkyjester 19 August 2015 08:43 PM

Had the same issue was told on the back of your modem there is a reset hole use a paper clip or something similar and press this in hold for 5 to 10 seconds this will reset to factory settings and bravo this worked for me

Dave Y 19 August 2015 09:26 PM

Thanks I will give that a try.

WokaImp 19 August 2015 09:28 PM

Be warned though that this will reset your wireless network name, username, passwords and any other settings you've made on your router.
It will be like when you 1st opened it.

Dave Y 19 August 2015 09:31 PM

Ok thanks.

Ooperbum 20 August 2015 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 11726189)
All sorted now

BT added and switched on parental control to my package. There were no websites on either blocked or accepted, so I don't know why Scoobynet suddenly became blocked.

It was BT that was blocking, because I was directed to their portal to sort out preferences.

All switched off and waited a little while for their servers to catch up. posting happily now on wifi :D

Was it the BT Hub welcome thing?

andy97 21 August 2015 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ooperbum (Post 11726770)
Was it the BT Hub welcome thing?

No, it was " blockpage@bt.com"

All my regular pages/websites loaded OK, my phone worked fine on 3G/H+ , soon as I went back to wifi, Scoobynet was blocked, also blocked on my PC

My router is non BT

This was the first time (a few days ago) this happened in nearly a year with BT

Jay Cartay 21 August 2015 09:52 AM

Andy, I am with BT and have no such issue. Try going into your internet settings on your PC/Laptop and changing your DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. These are Google's public DNS servers and will probably see your issue resolved.

lozgti1 21 August 2015 03:33 PM

Don't understand the Internet or computers at all. Suppose I am 47. Lol

Turbohot 21 August 2015 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 11726975)
Don't understand the Internet or computers at all. Suppose I am 47. Lol

The man who fixes our computers is well touching 70. It's nowt to do with age, it's to do with interest.

ALi-B 22 August 2015 04:20 PM

My gran was using computers before I was even born...I'm now 35 and she's in her 80's using windows 8.1...which is better than what I can manage :o

Turbohot 22 August 2015 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11727348)
My gran was using computers before I was even born...I'm now 35 and she's in her 80's using windows 8.1...which is better than what I can manage :o

Did your nan have anything to do with breaking that German enigma, as seen in The Imitation Game movie, with Benedict Cumberbach in it? :Suspiciou

ALi-B 22 August 2015 07:36 PM

No, too young for that (16 at the time); Post war she worked for a firm that rented out TVs. Was the first house in the street to have a TV (back in the day). :D

Computer bit came along a bit later; I remember the account/payroll computer she used at the family business: Huge all-in-one thing (printer,keyboard,monitor drive etc) that was in the form of a desk.

Think it was an Olympia (or maybe IBM), I've never found any pics like it on the internet, it was quite unique in that it had a top-loading 5.25" drive. Most computers with 5.25" drives were front loading. This one had the floppy disc slot in like a tape player (pop/eject the lid, slide in disc, press cover down) and like a tape player, the floppy drive had a transparent lid so you could see the disc turning.

Turbohot 23 August 2015 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11727404)
No, too young for that (16 at the time); Post war she worked for a firm that rented out TVs. Was the first house in the street to have a TV (back in the day). :D

Computer bit came along a bit later; I remember the account/payroll computer she used at the family business: Huge all-in-one thing (printer,keyboard,monitor drive etc) that was in the form of a desk.

Think it was an Olympia (or maybe IBM), I've never found any pics like it on the internet, it was quite unique in that it had a top-loading 5.25" drive. Most computers with 5.25" drives were front loading. This one had the floppy disc slot in like a tape player (pop/eject the lid, slide in disc, press cover down) and like a tape player, the floppy drive had a transparent lid so you could see the disc turning.

Fascinating, Al. :) Goes to show how much we've moved on with technology! :cool: