ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Massive Budget for Clarkson, Hammond and May's Amazon Show (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1028167-massive-budget-for-clarkson-hammond-and-mays-amazon-show.html)

GlesgaKiss 09 August 2015 08:56 PM

Massive Budget for Clarkson, Hammond and May's Amazon Show

Can't be right can it?!

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/jeremy-clarkson-richard-hammond-and-james-mays-new-amazon-prime-show-has-an-absolutely-insane-budget-10444856.html

The Dogs B******s 09 August 2015 09:02 PM

Probably correct

Here's the link again
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-10444856.html

johned 09 August 2015 09:18 PM

Do they really deserve it? YAWN.

dpb 09 August 2015 09:29 PM

160 mill for the same old same old :lol1:

ALi-B 09 August 2015 10:03 PM

Money does not always make for a good series.

The idea of gallivanting round the UK in clapped out bangers with the main studio being a badly insulated hanger was all probably borne from budget constraints in the first one or two series before the reinvented TG became popular.

I get that enjoyment from watching Roadkill; a Youtube series of some car nuts pratting about over in the USA...sometimes on a blatantly tight budget, sometimes just for the hell of it; For example, buying a truck from a scrap yard, getting it running and then try and drive it home, or driving a truck with a knackered engine to a parts store and then doing an engine swap in the car park. Putting a huge turbo on a knackered Datsun and strapping a load of leaf blowers to "supercharge" a Chevy....then urinating in the screen-mate's van and then leaving it parked in the sun, a barfing "travel sick" bulldog, then some serious/geeky stuff mixed in between. It works, well for me it does at least.

TG had this kind of stuff back in the day but lost it as it became mainstream; There's a difference between doing something on screen just for the hell of it, and doing it because your told that's what the target audience wants to see; you can't manufacture pratting about, not properly; the latter TG episodes were blatantly contrived and that's when the spark had fizzled out.

That said, I'd rather be watching TG than the load of nothingness that is on TV tonight at the usual TG time. Midsomer Murders??? (a repeat at that, according to the V-box) FFS, seriously who find this dross entertaining?

An0n0m0us 09 August 2015 10:19 PM

How much do Amazon charge to watch their TV shows?

GlesgaKiss 09 August 2015 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11722162)
How much do Amazon charge to watch their TV shows?

Similar to Netflix at £79 a year. But Amazon prime includes more than just access to Amazon video. You've got Amazon music and free next day delivery on the majority of things you could want from Amazon. Not intending to sound like an Amazon fan boy but it's a good deal!

An0n0m0us 10 August 2015 12:57 AM

Ah ok thanks didn't know it was through Prime membership.

Turbohot 10 August 2015 11:05 AM

Hm, goes to show that the trio still hold their entertainment value.

One good thing is that at least these millions aren't going towards the upkeep of the asylum seekers. ;) :D

stevebt 12 August 2015 09:48 PM

Top gear was always one of the BBC's best earners globally so if you can imagine just how many people will be on Amazon the show can generate stupid money. If they get people signing up purely for Top Gear episodes they will generate a lot of income as it takes a few months to cancel an Amazon account where as Netflix do it the same day :)

salsa-king 13 August 2015 07:06 AM

it'll still be a daft comedy show with them three doing it... supported by the same old faithful audience that find them three funny!

roll on a fresh NEW TG :)

neil-h 13 August 2015 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 11723491)
it'll still be a daft comedy show with them three doing it... supported by the same old faithful audience that find them three funny!

roll on a fresh NEW TG :)

It'll be ****, car shows usually are. :lol1:

ALi-B 13 August 2015 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11723505)
It'll be ****, car shows usually are. :lol1:

...and people will moan.....and STILL watch it :lol1:

silver-sub 13 August 2015 02:14 PM

Looking forward to it, hopefully it will be a bit better and something different.

hodgy0_2 15 August 2015 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11723545)
...and people will moan.....and STILL watch it :lol1:

On Amazon? A decent into irrelevance

I have already forgotten the name of the little bloke, the Andrew Ridgly clone

Sure the money is nice, but looking into a camera and acting the fool knowing that fifteen people are actually watching must eat the soul

Turbohot 16 August 2015 12:04 PM

I was once told on SN that scooby turbo was JC's favourite car. I felt really good to hear that as I also had one of them, then. But in every damn episode I watched, I rarely saw him talk about Subaru. And when I did see him talk and put Subaru on the show, he always made Scoob come second and Evo came first. That really made me feel like 'whaaat!' and :mad: and :( at the same time.

Look at Evo now. Hardly many are on the road, as no one wants them, and our scoob with its cheap as chips second hand price is a poor man's Evo. :cool:

Paben 16 August 2015 12:09 PM

And for what it's worth I think Chris Evans is a poor choice to head up the new TG. He always seems about to go out of control whenever I see him on TV, I can never take anything he says seriously.