ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   10 year subaru enthusiast-should I call it a day? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1027817-10-year-subaru-enthusiast-should-i-call-it-a-day.html)

daz_vx220 31 July 2015 10:40 PM

10 year subaru enthusiast-should I call it a day?

Hi guys, currently running an elise 111s and a run around but now it's time to get a car that does every job. I've had most things including 10+ impreza's. Never had a hatch which is what I'm considering. Last impreza I had was a sti spec D, nice car.
3 cars that aren't quite in budget would be m3/rs4/focus rs so down to sti hatch really. Could possibly stretch to an evo x as I've seen a couple go around 12k but must be manual.
Without trawling through posts which I started to do, am I asking for trouble with an 08/09 sti hatch with 40/50k? I am a subaru enthusiast but if I'm honest think it's about burnt out with all the bad stories I keep reading.
Should I spend a bit more and go evo?

Kedlestone 31 July 2015 10:48 PM

Spend a bit more a go JDM Hatch, best of both worlds then:thumb:

jaygsi 31 July 2015 11:04 PM

Wouldn't bother with a hatch false stop. It was a mistake Subaru need to bury.

Peedee 31 July 2015 11:10 PM

I wouldent bother with an RS4. I test drove an avant a couple of months ago. I'm still recovering from the disappointment.

fpan 31 July 2015 11:24 PM

Buy a Forester STi instead or JDM hatchback.

taylor85 31 July 2015 11:25 PM

Foz Sti gets my vote over the hatch

S204Darren 01 August 2015 06:20 AM

Jdm hatch for me.

ditchmyster 01 August 2015 08:02 AM

Jdm hatch for me too, there's a lovely one in the for sale section at the moment, but at £16k it's a fair bit over budget. I wouldn't buy an evo personally because they do nothing for me, but it's your money.

There's also a lovely looking BRZ in the for sale section @£14k. :norty:

daz_vx220 01 August 2015 08:47 AM

Personally I think the evo x is a cracking looking car but 95% of them have that sst auto box which seems to cause issues.
I may hold out and look for a nice white hawk eye sti.

ditchmyster 01 August 2015 09:07 AM

Problem with Subaru's is once you've had one there's nothing else that can do what they do for the money, and they're pretty cheap to buy and run as well as being quite reliable if you look after them.

I took a mate to pick up a new car a couple of nights ago, Audi A4, he paid £3k, which is about what my scoob is worth, and while it's nicer to be in it's got no chance performance wise and it's been to the moon almost with over 180k on the clock, we had a little play on the way back and it took me all of 15 seconds to turn him into a spec in my rear view mirror and he's not a bad driver. You just can't beat the bang for buck of a Subaru in my book.

scoobyboy1 01 August 2015 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Peedee (Post 11718536)
I wouldent bother with an RS4. I test drove an avant a couple of months ago. I'm still recovering from the disappointment.

Had the same problem with a couple of Porsche's ive driven the last few months, a 996 Carrera 4S and a 997 Carrera 4 both very disappointing after years of hankering after one!!:(