ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What a complete sh! T (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1027688-what-a-complete-sh-t.html)

andy97 28 July 2015 03:39 PM

What a complete sh! T

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...n-dentist.html

I hope the authorities are able to prosecute this trophy hunter aswell, what a wank€r

dpb 28 July 2015 04:17 PM

See you can buy the authorities if got the right money there ..

The Chinese take elephant tusk out of there , authorities turn blinds eye , cos after all they're their patrons ...

While Mugabe ships the whole animal to them

dpb 28 July 2015 04:43 PM

Someone should strap him in the hot seat and set about some molar extraction with a Pair pliers and no anaesthetic

Then we'll see whos the best sportsmen

Funkii Munkii 28 July 2015 05:09 PM

There should be no reason for the hunting of such animals to exist any longer.

Makes my p1ss boil, I'm sure Gervais will have this F*cker all over FB and IG in no time.

LSherratt 28 July 2015 05:33 PM

Makes fox hunting, which is a pest, look like nothing.

nik52wrx 28 July 2015 06:45 PM

The table should be turned on him, let him be the hunted.
I find it highly upsetting that some rich knob feels the need to go and kill such animals all in the name of fun, sport or whatever they class it as.
Utterly deplorable :nono:

Turbohot 28 July 2015 06:52 PM

What a horrible dentist. :(

Soup 28 July 2015 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by nik52wrx (Post 11717024)
The table should be turned on him, let him be the hunted.
I find it highly upsetting that some rich knob feels the need to go and kill such animals all in the name of fun, sport or whatever they class it as.
Utterly deplorable :nono:

This +1

The cnut needs hanging imo!

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 28 July 2015 08:09 PM

It's okay guys, he feels bad about it apparently.

nik52wrx 28 July 2015 08:14 PM

Bad publicity affecting his business already :thumb:

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat (Post 11717090)
It's okay guys, he feels bad about it apparently.

Mouser 28 July 2015 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11717035)
What a horrible dentist. :(

Hope his patients hit his source of income and move practice.

Never understood the need to kill something for sport.

ukjesters 29 July 2015 12:26 AM

After hitting it with the bow & arrow they then had to track the wounded animal for 40hrs before finally killing it with a rifle!!!
Also, apparently, the next alpha male will now more than likely kill all of cecils Cubs to remove his bloodline. What a lowlife piece of scum these people are, and for what, and how has he got the nerve to be smiling in the bloody picture, what an absolute dick.

Uncle Creepy 29 July 2015 02:15 AM

fpan 29 July 2015 05:38 AM

Hunters define hunting as a sport. As a friend once said, if the lion/rabbit (substitute with what you wish) had a shot gun then it would be a sport. See who would run faster. I hope there is karma and the lowlife coward scum gets what he deserves.

urban 29 July 2015 08:08 AM

What a fcuker.
At least he's gone into hiding, so his business will hopefully suffer as a result.

joz8968 29 July 2015 08:20 AM

Just heard in Sky News that he and another (his guide?) will indeed be tried in court. Bloody good!

joz8968 29 July 2015 08:27 AM

Regarding bow and arrow 'hunting'....

My boss knows one of our work colleagues across the pond that does it. When he was telling him that he hunted game with a bow, my boss was initially 'impressed', thinking he must be a really good shot. But then he showed him a video, and he ends up shooting the animal, virtually on top of it, from about 5 feet away - i.e. he couldn't miss!! Ridiculous, how can that be considered 'sport'.

Indeed, the boss had to try very hard not to burst out laughing in his face.

It surely is the ultimate small man/penis compensater...? :mad:

fpan 29 July 2015 08:30 AM

Killing a wild (or any) animal and bragging on a photo, how macho!

Tidgy 29 July 2015 08:37 AM

So who pays for conservation?

the 35k will be the bag fee for the hunt, that will go back into conservation and protecting the other animals.

If your that anti hunting then dig deep in yer pockets, but you wont ever raise as much as bag fee's do.

LSherratt 29 July 2015 10:54 AM

That's the trouble, it's a catch 22 situation. The hunting funds the conservation and protection of animals. Without the hunting and massive fees paid out, they can't afford to preserve the animals. Although I am completely against the hunting of animals such as majestic lions etc let's be clear.

Tidgy 29 July 2015 11:12 AM

yeah, sounds like it may turn out the hunt was actualy illegal, but he has stated he paid for a proper hunt.

As you say catch 22. People complain of it took him hours to die etc etc, but how many animals starve to death, or get injured by predators and die of infection and injury days later?

It's a cruel world, but make no mistake mother nature can be extremely cruel as well.

Paben 29 July 2015 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 11717307)
Regarding bow and arrow 'hunting'....

My boss knows one of our work colleagues across the pond that does it. When he was telling him that he hunted game with a bow, my boss was initially 'impressed', thinking he must be a really good shot. But then he showed him a video, and he ends up shooting the animal, virtually on top of it, from about 5 feet away - i.e. he couldn't miss!! Ridiculous, how can that be considered 'sport'.

Indeed, the boss had to try very hard not to burst out laughing in his face.

It surely is the ultimate small man/penis compensater...? :mad:

It must have been a very daft animal to stand there while the bow hunter shot it from 5ft away! In fact, luring the animal in that close is considered the skill, not the shot itself, and a kill is almost certain. Letting fly from a hundred yards or more would be likely to wound and not kill so is never done by true bow hunters. Of course lions and polar bears would probably be very happy to have someone with a bow standing just 5ft away.

But as has been mentioned elsewhere the shooting of animals by licence raises essential income in poor countries, to fund conservation whilst keeping the process under control. This is quite different to the wanton and unregulated destruction caused by poachers.

Do I like it? Definitely not, although I have no problems shooting animals that are pests, that need controlling or are eaten. Cecil the lion didn't fit into any of those categories, and having seen him and his ladies in the wild I cannot understand why anyone would want to end his life. I'm sure the man responsible will have plenty of time to rue his mistake.

fpan 29 July 2015 12:28 PM

What makes it worse is that the hunter apologised because he didn't realise it's THE FAMOUS lion.
No problem killing any lion then :cuckoo:
Are you sure all the money paid to hunt actually goes into the funding the conservation of animals and not some sort of comission/bribe/money making scheme/you name what ?

vindaloo 29 July 2015 02:08 PM

Very liberal in here today....

I agree, whoever decided on the name Cecil should be beaten with sticks. No justification for burdening anything with that name in the 21st century.

OTOH the American in question looks a bit blasé about such things - from what's been reported by the BBC.

What upsets me isn't that he/they killed a lion, it's that he used a crossbow and then went chasing it... To have someone despatch it with a gun 40 hours later. Also, to have attempted to destroy the GPS collar.

"Cecil" though <sigh> , a lion deserves a better name - like Richard!

Paben 29 July 2015 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by vindaloo (Post 11717459)
Very liberal in here today....

I agree, whoever decided on the name Cecil should be beaten with sticks. No justification for burdening anything with that name in the 21st century.

OTOH the American in question looks a bit blasé about such things - from what's been reported by the BBC.

What upsets me isn't that he/they killed a lion, it's that he used a crossbow and then went chasing it... To have someone despatch it with a gun 40 hours later. Also, to have attempted to destroy the GPS collar.

"Cecil" though <sigh> , a lion deserves a better name - like Richard!

That wasn't a crossbow it was a compound bow, quite a different item and more than man enough for the job in the right hands. He just didn't use it very well though.

dpb 29 July 2015 03:21 PM

Presumably it was Cecil Rhodes,

Even more of a tryrant

joz8968 29 July 2015 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11717410)
It must have been a very daft animal to stand there while the bow hunter shot it from 5ft away! In fact, luring the animal in that close is considered the skill, not the shot itself, and a kill is almost certain. Letting fly from a hundred yards or more would be likely to wound and not kill so is never done by true bow hunters...

Sure, I do understand the tactics and, ahem, 'skill' involved -- but it's still crap. Don't you think?

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 29 July 2015 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11717385)
That's the trouble, it's a catch 22 situation. The hunting funds the conservation and protection of animals. Without the hunting and massive fees paid out, they can't afford to preserve the animals.

So preservation and protection from hunters and poachers, is paid for by accepting money from hunters. Can't see any problems at all with that.

Paben 29 July 2015 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 11717499)
Sure, I do understand the tactics and, ahem, 'skill' involved -- but it's still crap. Don't you think?

It is certainly a considerable skill to lure a very wary animal to within a few feet, but for what it's worth I agree with your sentiments. Having brought it in that close it would be just as much an achievement to then poke the animal in the backside with a stick. It would be shocked, possibly chastened, but still alive to rethink it's poor fieldcraft. The backside poking method might produce an unwelcome outcome with bears and lions of course.

joz8968 29 July 2015 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11717518)
...The backside poking method might produce an unwelcome outcome with bears and lions of course.

See, this is it.

The hunter will have every backup plan and means available to him, should it all go 'tits up'. After all, (and I'm assuming), he's hardly going to stand there all alone and ponder, "Okay, I totally missed - it's your turn now, Mr Lion..." ;)

^^^ But if he were too, then I'd 'appreciate' the sporting aspect to it a little bit more! :lol1: