ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   International (https://www.scoobynet.com/international-24/)
-   -   Engine builders Hamburg&North Germany (https://www.scoobynet.com/international-24/1027602-engine-builders-hamburg-and-north-germany.html)

rabbos 26 July 2015 10:54 AM

Engine builders Hamburg&North Germany

Just toying with the idea of another 2.5STI but it seems Subaru is a dirty word in Hamburg.

Where do people get their engines rebuilt in Hamburg/North Germany?

Bean1984 04 July 2021 02:05 PM

All depends on what spec your looking for. If its just a normal rebuild nothing fancy like relined blocks or no machine work they are pretty decent but if your looking for an 800bhp engine then I think Rich out sources it to Phil Carter depending on their workload.

Either way rich gets good business from me with no issues. Always welcoming and kept in the loop.

JDM_Stig 05 July 2021 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bean1984 (Post 12107405)
All depends on what spec your looking for. If its just a normal rebuild nothing fancy like relined blocks or no machine work they are pretty decent but if your looking for an 800bhp engine then I think Rich out sources it to Phil Carter depending on their workload.

Either way rich gets good business from me with no issues. Always welcoming and kept in the loop.

Is Rich a tuning company in Germany??

Shane 05 July 2021 02:27 PM

This looks like someone has scrolled down too far on the East kent Subaru thread and posted on a "related thread" rather than the actual thread seeing as this was originally posted in 2015

Bean1984 06 July 2021 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 12107488)
This looks like someone has scrolled down too far on the East kent Subaru thread and posted on a "related thread" rather than the actual thread seeing as this was originally posted in 2015

hahahaha I think you could be right there

Linksfahrer 28 December 2022 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by rabbos (Post 11715909)
Just toying with the idea of another 2.5STI but it seems Subaru is a dirty word in Hamburg.

Where do people get their engines rebuilt in Hamburg/North Germany?

I did try to find engine builders in Germany I quickly discovered its not easy to still find guys with much Subaru build knowledge , I did find one Polish guy working in Germany
but he was more expensive. I have moved back to UK in 2018 prior to Brexit regulations but my previous 2 short blocks builds were sourced from UK.
The EJ207 Mahle pistons Manley rods and new Nitrided crank has proved very reliable for me running at 350bhp.

Palette transport from Wilks Engines in Shipley UK including shipping insurance was £120 and £130 (2017- 2018 )
obviously that will have increased by now. But you might want to try them tel 07709790797

If you are stuck for decent Garage to do the assembly or re-fitting and don't mind leaving the car close to Frankfurt ,
I would recommend Micheal Dettmering at Garage 147 at Maintal Hochstadt 63477 Tel +49 6181-4276999
he races a BMW 3 series in the Eifel , but don't let that put you off ;-) he is a top guy and will look after you.