ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Place your bets........ (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1027504-place-your-bets.html)

Felix. 23 July 2015 07:43 PM

Place your bets........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-teacher.html

Yes, the next Celebrity Russian Roulette takes to the media - any guesses..?

I'll start with Matthew Kelly and raise you David Jason

(a complete guess if any legal eagles are watching)

the shreksta 23 July 2015 07:49 PM

I will see your matthew Kelly and up it to.........timmy mallet

ditchmyster 24 July 2015 09:37 AM

The little bloke off the Crankies. :lol1:

Wurzel 24 July 2015 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11715036)

That little bloke was a girl :D

Tidgy 24 July 2015 11:14 AM

burn him, burn him. It's in the media so must be guilty,,,,,,,,,,

should only name folks when they are found guilty, accusations seem to be enough to ruin people now

ditchmyster 24 July 2015 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 11715067)
That little bloke was a girl :D

We have a winner. :lol1:

JTaylor 24 July 2015 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11715071)
burn him, burn him. It's in the media so must be guilty,,,,,,,,,,

should only name folks when they are found guilty, accusations seem to be enough to ruin people now

Yes, it's a bit of a witch-hunt isn't it? As you say, these things ought to be published at the earliest when someone has been charged and then we should withhold judgement until a guilty verdict has been filed.

Tidgy 24 July 2015 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11715081)
Yes, it's a bit of a witch-hunt isn't it? As you say, these things ought to be published at the earliest when someone has been charged and then we should withhold judgement until a guilty verdict has been filed.

Problem I have with all these historic cases its all who is believed over the other. Not evidence based.

The law is based on 'guilty beyond reasonable doubt' when its some ones word about something that happened 30 years ago is it reasonable?

JTaylor 24 July 2015 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11715109)
Problem I have with all these historic cases its all who is believed over the other. Not evidence based.

The law is based on 'guilty beyond reasonable doubt' when its some ones word about something that happened 30 years ago is it reasonable?

Don't get me wrong, I think the sex pests should be outed, but I feel for those that tarred when innocent.

Tidgy 24 July 2015 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11715114)
Don't get me wrong, I think the sex pests should be outed, but I feel for those that tarred when innocent.

o dont get me wrong, if someone is guilty hang em high.

Problem is given the time how can you be sure beyond reasonable doubt? I really don't think you can

Paben 24 July 2015 01:56 PM

Problems occur when applying modern standards to what was considered more or less acceptable 30 or more years ago. I remember my mother complaining about our local butcher, apparently a bit of a lecher, who thought nothing of patting his lady customers on the bottom and making personal remarks. My father wasn't impressed unfortunately and smacked the guy onto his back. The patting and the thump would result in serious trouble now but much less so then. Of course interferring with children was an entirely different matter.

Turbohot 24 July 2015 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11715071)

Absolutely.

Lancs Police isn't disclosing the names at this stage of inquiry, the matter isn't even in the law courts yet, and therefore, I don't think 'we' have any right to 'guess' :freak3: the names.

stilover 25 July 2015 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11715116)
o dont get me wrong, if someone is guilty hang em high.

You think it's Clint Eastwood?

stevebt 25 July 2015 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11715036)

Been listening to an older video of Frankie boyle and he said " I would like to think if I was at a swingers party and they pulled my car keys I would say feck it keep the car" :D