ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Moving on... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1027444-moving-on.html)

DanGlennon 22 July 2015 03:53 PM

Moving on...

I tried to ignore what people said..
I convinced myself I'd get another "sometime in the future"..
But the truth is..

NA Imprezas aren't all that.
Had mine for 3 months now and at first it was great but the novelty has worn off fast. Was down a mates garage today and he had a line of wrx/ sti Classic Imprezas. Beside making me jealous as f**k I realised how mine doesn't match up.
So the plan is to get a few bits sorted on mine, should fly through its MOT in November then it's up for sale. The money will be used/ put towards a classic (turbo) Impreza. Can't wait!

BBB3 22 July 2015 05:37 PM

Yeah but you should enjoy while you have it....

Dirk Diggler 75 22 July 2015 05:48 PM

Should have got an Sti .......

DanGlennon 22 July 2015 06:08 PM

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy my car and I'll be sorry to see it go definitely

Flat4x4-again 22 July 2015 06:37 PM

The only car I almost instantly regretted buying was a 2.0 non-turbo Impreza.
Not because it was a bad car, because it handled and gripped well, but because I felt short-changed every time I put my foot down. My fault not the car's !

p.s. TOWIC !

DanGlennon 23 July 2015 11:11 AM

Totally agree with you. It's the first 4WD car I've ever driven and it's put a smile on my face. It gets looks from everyone and a lot of people ask me about it. I want a car that I can work on properly, one that I'm going to keep for the next few years at least. I love improving my NA but it's always in the back of my mind that it won't be here for much longer.

Edmondo 23 July 2015 12:33 PM

Since buying my first Impreza 12 years ago I couldn't go back to a N/A car and every runaround I have had since as well has had to have a Turbo...........I find Fuel Injected cars just try to hard lol

scoobyboy1 23 July 2015 06:02 PM

A standard Turbo 2000 feels very slow, so a non turbo Impreza must feel very disappointing, i can only imagine as ive never driven a n/a impreza that it must fell like a boost hose has permanently fell off!!

DanGlennon 23 July 2015 07:08 PM

It feels like your constantly pulling the car along. Driving 4 wheels on a standard 2 litre engine makes for a very thirsty vehicle!

Trinity 23 July 2015 09:31 PM

WRX owners have been feeling like this for so long...but tell themselves its 'better' than an STI to comfort the hole in their heart..

Sad Weevil 23 July 2015 10:32 PM

I ran a non turbo bugeye wagon for 6 months as a stop gap. Driving it fast was a case of carrying as much hard-won speed as possible through corners, a bit like a 2cv. Overtaking was nearly impossible. Good solid car though, just the job for a district nurse in Cumbria.

Matteeboy 24 July 2015 09:51 AM

Our N/A 165bhp 2.5 Outback isn't exactly quick but once you get it going, it doesn't need to be slowed down around corners so progress is pretty rapid.
But we didn't buy it for speed - it's a nippy enough workhorse. At least the engine sounds okay.