ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   TDF (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1027159-tdf.html)

dpb 14 July 2015 07:59 PM

TDF

Froome seems to have ridden away from Quintana rather too quickly imo

Could be very boring now

Good job Richie is getting his own way next year

andy97 14 July 2015 08:49 PM

Froome was imperious today. Looking at the whole race he has shown excellent form following on from the criterium du dauphine. Porte has been taking it easy leading up to today, Thomas the classics power house. Let's see if the competition can muster a fightback tomorrow.

davyboy 14 July 2015 08:54 PM

I think it will become a bit stale now. Sky will control things as they did in 2012/2013.

Froome doping allegations can start proper now!

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 15 July 2015 08:03 AM

I want to enjoy watching the TdF, I really really do. But let's be honest, who really thinks the top riders are clean?

Paben 15 July 2015 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat (Post 11711037)
I want to enjoy watching the TdF, I really really do. But let's be honest, who really thinks the top riders are clean?

I would like to think they are clean, and the regular testing they're subjected to would suggest they are. But Armstrong got away with it for years and he was the most tested cyclist ever.

Unfortunately, as in athletics, the cycling drugs cheats are always several steps ahead of the testers and are only caught if they make a silly mistake. Perhaps Froome's silly mistake yesterday was exhibiting superhuman power when he left the world's best for dead.

huzzy1 15 July 2015 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11711044)
I would like to think they are clean, and the regular testing they're subjected to would suggest they are. But Armstrong got away with it for years and he was the most tested cyclist ever.

Unfortunately, as in athletics, the cycling drugs cheats are always several steps ahead of the testers and are only caught if they make a silly mistake. Perhaps Froome's silly mistake yesterday was exhibiting superhuman power when he left the world's best for dead.

As a keen cyclist myself I'd put money on Froome being clean. I race against others and seeing the difference between someone who takes it seriously, diet, training programme, form, it's a way of life for others, and someone who does it just for something to do is night and day. I know people I race with are clean due to the nature of their jobs.

Froome knows what Wattage he can sustain up a climb and just kept to it. Unfortunately for the others they had no answer. Good to see Porte showing what he can do as well.

Messi and Ronaldo are super human every week yet no one questions them???? Different I know, but you know what I mean!

davyboy 15 July 2015 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by huzzy1 (Post 11711046)
I race against others and seeing the difference between someone who takes it seriously, diet, training programme, form, it's a way of life for others, and someone who does it just for something to do is night and day

The difference being, Froome races with people who take it seriously!

Paben 15 July 2015 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by huzzy1 (Post 11711046)
As a keen cyclist myself I'd put money on Froome being clean. I race against others and seeing the difference between someone who takes it seriously, diet, training programme, form, it's a way of life for others, and someone who does it just for something to do is night and day. I know people I race with are clean due to the nature of their jobs.

Froome knows what Wattage he can sustain up a climb and just kept to it. Unfortunately for the others they had no answer. Good to see Porte showing what he can do as well.

Messi and Ronaldo are super human every week yet no one questions them???? Different I know, but you know what I mean!

I doubt anyone on the Tour is there 'for something to do'! They are all super fit but Froome just rode away from them. I wouldn't put money on it but I would like to believe Froome is clean. But many of us spent years thinking Armstrong was too.

Puff The Magic Wagon! 15 July 2015 10:06 AM

As in all things, some are better than others on any given day/time period. Sometimes I can mash it up a Strava segment getting close to my PB but other times and under the same conditions, I struggle to get anywhere near.
The GC contenders are the same, VanG said he wasn't feeling great yesterday but still put in a time ahead of most of the field. Froome is on form and in the zone - it was his day. End of next week might be different but then I'm sure tactics will come into play.
I watched Nibali at Pla d'Adet last year and it was like he wasn't making any effort (to be fair he was already well in the lead and just needed to not let any other GC take any time) and he still came 3rd. No-one accused him of being on drugs but where is he this year so far, nearly 7 minutes down.

dpb 15 July 2015 12:41 PM

If Froome does it again today ill def not bother tuning in again for the rest of it

Matteeboy 15 July 2015 12:55 PM

So a Brit is winning so we all moan about it being boring?!!

Puff The Magic Wagon! 15 July 2015 05:20 PM

Thought Dan Martin was good again today, reckon he might get a stage with this Tour?

nik52wrx 15 July 2015 08:15 PM

Geraint Thomas is a quality rider :thumb:

Paben 15 July 2015 08:20 PM

Nice background programme about Froome on ITV4 at the moment

dpb 16 July 2015 07:53 PM

Well done Rodriquez :thumb:

Paben 16 July 2015 08:54 PM

That looked like hell on wheels today; rain, hail and long steep mountain roads. And at the end of it Valverde won back one single second, the rest stayed where they were or went backwards. Geraint Thomas was fantastic, and short of a crash Froome looks to have it well under control.

dpb 18 July 2015 07:59 PM

Well done Cummings !

andy97 18 July 2015 08:20 PM

His time trial power overcame hill climbers. MTN first tour win on Mandela day

hodgy0_2 18 July 2015 08:47 PM

That'll get the CTers frothing at the mouth

nik52wrx 18 July 2015 09:43 PM

Looks like some TDF so called fans need a slap.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racin...-france-183208

I've also read an article where Richie Porte claims he was punched by a spectator during a stage :nono:

theboy 20 July 2015 05:44 PM

ive raced pushbikes until last year and even at my level we have had people caught doping, i believe Froome is clean. He is probably one of the most tested athletes in the world today.

dpb 20 July 2015 07:57 PM

Thought Geraint Thomas was a goner for a minute :eek:

dpb 23 July 2015 07:20 PM

Poor old TJ. :(

Otherwise nothing doing really

The Dogs B******s 23 July 2015 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11714812)
Poor old TJ. :(

Otherwise nothing doing really

Watching the highlights now. Lots of ups and downs.

dpb 23 July 2015 08:05 PM

Highlight was Bardet cold shouldering Sarkyosy imho

Along the lines of , get off you ***t

dpb 25 July 2015 02:00 PM

Awesome , could Quintana do it ?

:thumb:

Paben 25 July 2015 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11715605)
Awesome , could Quintana do it ?

:thumb:

I'm watching from behind the sofa, what a race! :)

dpb 25 July 2015 03:39 PM

Great tour after all :)

Would have been Quintanas if he'd survived in the winds up north

Well done Froome , and all the team !

nik52wrx 25 July 2015 03:56 PM

Yes, great tour.
Well deserved victory for Chris and Sky, especially after all the b.s. they've had to put up with from the so called fans of the sport at the roadside.

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11715646)
Great tour after all :)

Would have been Quintanas if he'd survived in the winds up north

Well done Froome , and all the team !

Matteeboy 26 July 2015 10:03 AM

Hooray to Chris!!!