ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Subaru Parts (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-parts-451/)
-   -   Jdm flair, (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-parts-451/1027014-jdm-flair.html)

joe v3sti 11 July 2015 07:10 PM

Jdm flair,

For sale I have a jdm flair removed from my sti RA. Nice addition for that jdm detail.

£20 posted

STI -V4 11 July 2015 07:51 PM

hi mate,
am pretty sure you are not allowed to post the flair as its considered a hazardous item..

crazyspeedfreakz 11 July 2015 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by STI -V4 (Post 11709408)
hi mate,
am pretty sure you are not allowed to post the flair as its considered a hazardous item..

What are you the flair patrol !!

joe v3sti 11 July 2015 10:57 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to either mate.
But I will be posting it

Cpt Jack Sparrow 11 July 2015 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by joe v3sti (Post 11709400)
For sale I have a jdm flair removed from my sti RA. Nice addition for that jdm detail.

£20 posted

Does it come with the holder?

M2RTXhawkeye 12 July 2015 12:08 AM

I'm missing mine so wouldt Mind this pm me mate

Martin

JGlanzaV 12 July 2015 07:12 AM

To be fair Joe you're not supposed to post these, and I know how I would feel if it went off in some poor blokes bag while he was delivering it.... Hardly wworth it for 20quid....

joe v3sti 12 July 2015 08:07 AM

Cheers for that pal, now I feel guilty! You are right tho, has the potential to cause a lot of problems.

Flair is now free for the first person to collect from Leeds.

Dam you J and conscience :)

ditchmyster 12 July 2015 08:15 AM

They are not dangerous and are very stable, If you think about it, they'd hardly be in every car in Japan if they were un-stable, you need to take the cap off and strike it a couple of times to get them going, I know this because I have set loads of them off.

I probably have maybe 20 of them in 2/3 sizes if anyone else is interested, but I won't post them because it is against the law, so you'll have to come and get one if you want one that badly. :thumb:

JGlanzaV 12 July 2015 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by joe v3sti (Post 11709538)
Cheers for that pal, now I feel guilty! You are right tho, has the potential to cause a lot of problems.

Flair is now free for the first person to collect from Leeds.

Dam you J and conscience :)

Thats alright, people just dont think about it like that, and it will ultimately be the guy on the end like you and me that gets hurt if something does go wrong.

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11709540)
They are not dangerous and are very stable, If you think about it, they'd hardly be in every car in Japan if they were un-stable, you need to take the cap off and strike it a couple of times to get them going, I know this because I have set loads of them off.

I probably have maybe 20 of them in 2/3 sizes if anyone else is interested, but I won't post them because it is against the law, so you'll have to come and get one if you want one that badly. :thumb:

They are explosives at the end of the day and are inherently dangerous, they wouldnt have had these rules if someone hadnt been hurt by one going off etc, there are plenty of safety features on them to try and stop accidental ignition but it could be something else he has in his bag that causes it go go off...

Dodgy chinese lithium batteries that are sent in the post get wet, next parcel is a flare a boom.....

M2RTXhawkeye 12 July 2015 08:56 AM

Pm replied buddy

Martin

ditchmyster 12 July 2015 09:16 AM

They don't explode, even if you chuck them on a fire, they just fizz, I know this because I was young and stupid and used to have loads of them due to working on a lot of imports, fitting alarms and stereos, fixing central locking and window problems.

While I get your sentiment and as I said, I would not post them because it's against the law, so I'm not attempting to defend that aspect, just the fact that they Don't go off with a bang, I know, I've tried to make them go bang 20yrs ago by throwing them on a camp fire, they are just big red sparklers, not sure what they are made of or how but I imagine it's the same stuff, probably saltpeter, you can hold them in the same way and they don't even get hot like sparklers do.

Remember Ellen MacArthur holding 2 of them out when she finished sailing around the world.

ditchmyster 12 July 2015 10:14 AM

They're basically the same as this but quite a bit less violent probably because they're a lot smaller, about half the size and you can hold them the same too.

Oh and you can buy them on Ebay and they appear to be posting them too.

RAF1 12 July 2015 10:21 PM

I set off one that was in my old car aswell and it was more like a candle than a flair :)