ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   H&S hazard via recycling lorries (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1026985-h-and-s-hazard-via-recycling-lorries.html)

Turbohot 10 July 2015 02:18 PM

H&S hazard via recycling lorries

What happened was that on a hot day i.e. today, I was in between my workplaces on A483 when a flying lorry that I was about to overtake started to randomly sh7t out crushed cans, plastic bottles and torn plastic bags etc. on that dual carriage way. I gave up the idea of overtaking it, as I didn't want its dump on my motor. But other cars flying past it did experience victimisation. I understand that such lorries are collecting our rejects to save the world, but imo it's out of order to let the dump loose on the dual carriageways for it can cause serious accident. I did try to look for the reg no./company name but the lorry was so mucky that the number plate was unreadable. It wasn't a council lorry. I reckon it was some tip-to-tip sub-contracted one.

Very accidental, I thought. It was literally dumping out loads of plastic bottles and crushed cans; along with soil, and carrying on flying up the road. The driver was either ignorant or arrogant. :mad:

Aren't there any regulations for such lorries to prevent such occurrences? :confused:

urban 10 July 2015 02:22 PM

Well in N.I, all skip lorries have nets covering the skips

Rescue Dude 10 July 2015 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11708916)
What happened was that on a hot day i.e. today, I was in between my workplaces on A483 when a flying lorry that I was about to overtake started to randomly sh7t out crushed cans, plastic bottles and torn plastic bags etc. on that dual carriage way. I gave up the idea of overtaking it, as I didn't want its dump on my motor. But other cars flying past it did experience victimisation. I understand that such lorries are collecting our rejects to save the world, but imo it's out of order to let the dump loose on the dual carriageways for it can cause serious accident. I did try to look for the reg no./company name but the lorry was so mucky that the number plate was unreadable. It wasn't a council lorry. I reckon it was some tip-to-tip sub-contracted one.

Very accidental, I thought. It was literally dumping out loads of plastic bottles and crushed cans; along with soil, and carrying on flying up the road. The driver was either ignorant or arrogant. :mad:

Aren't there any regulations for such lorries to prevent such occurrences? :confused:

Insecure load.

The offence of causing or likely to cause danger by reason of load or passengers is legislated for by the 1991 Act and carries the endorsement code CU50.
The maximum penalty for this offence if committed by a goods vehicle is a £5,000 fine, three driving licence penalty points which stays on a licence for 4 years and a disqualification.

The Police are usually **** hot on that.

Turbohot 10 July 2015 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rescue Dude (Post 11708938)
Insecure load.

The offence of causing or likely to cause danger by reason of load or passengers is legislated for by the 1991 Act and carries the endorsement code CU50.
The maximum penalty for this offence if committed by a goods vehicle is a £5,000 fine, three driving licence penalty points which stays on a licence for 4 years and a disqualification.

The Police are usually **** hot on that.

Excellent! I think there will be another added offence i.e. not making your number plate visible. That should bump up the overall punishment. God I wish I could read which firm's lorry it was and/or the reg no. I also wish for it to be caught in action by the roadside policepersons themselves.

alcazar 10 July 2015 05:57 PM

Unlikely: they are all sat behind speed cameras.