ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   using standard recerc to test VTA (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1026857-using-standard-recerc-to-test-vta.html)

joshnosh 07 July 2015 10:15 AM

using standard recerc to test VTA

iv tried a dump valve deleat already and like to try running a vta on my car for a bit
i dont want to shell out for a decent valve when i may only use it for a week and i dont want to run a **** valve that will leak ect.

can i remove the return pipe from the recerc and use that as a VTA if i put a bung in the return pipe?

some people suggest yes some no
it should work though as the return feeds back to the unpressurised inlet which is never that far of outside pressure?

Matt_STi 07 July 2015 11:58 AM

Why on earth would you want to?

joshnosh 07 July 2015 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_STi (Post 11707426)
Why on earth would you want to?

thanks for your help

Matt_STi 07 July 2015 12:04 PM

It's actually helpful. You wouldn't understand.

Filski 07 July 2015 12:09 PM

Josh i have a spare dv that you are welcome to borrow comes with the bung as well. will pm you on facebook

joshnosh 07 July 2015 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_STi (Post 11707429)
It's actually helpful. You wouldn't understand.

Your being a condensending prick. What's not to understand?

joshnosh 07 July 2015 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Filski (Post 11707433)
Josh i have a spare dv that you are welcome to borrow comes with the bung as well. will pm you on facebook

Thanks fil! That would be great

Matt_STi 07 July 2015 12:52 PM

*You're

Anyway resorting to swearing shows the level of intelligence. Which also explains the VTA option.

joshnosh 07 July 2015 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_STi (Post 11707473)
*You're

Anyway resorting to swearing shows the level of intelligence. Which also explains the VTA option.

dose it really matt? maybe you could provide some sort of evidence for your hypothesis? or mabey you could post up your IQ and we can compare?

or maybe you could just shut up and go make pointless comments on someone else's thread?

Matt_STi 07 July 2015 03:26 PM

Yes, it does.

I don't class my comments as pointless, I enquired why on earth you'd do that and you didn't answer.

south_scoob 07 July 2015 05:29 PM

dump valves do differnt things with the air to make there sound. Running the stock one unconected wont sound the same

Gear Head 07 July 2015 05:32 PM

using standard recerc to test VTA

agreed, don't bother. it won't run any better, but it will make you look like a tit. it may actually cause your car to run worse.

There are valid, technical reasons why you should stick with the standard valve. I am not going to list them again as the topic has been covered 100's of times already.

Just do a search. :thumb:

joshnosh 07 July 2015 11:05 PM

im fully aware off the technical issues with VTA valves

however that was not what i was asking for.

if anyone actually cares iv now tested it. it works as a VTA just fine and makes all the associated noises unfortunately the spring is not heavy enough and it vents on overrun which obviously screws the fuelling far more than a normal VTA