ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Amy Winehouse (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1026796-amy-winehouse.html)

David Lock 05 July 2015 08:48 PM

Amy Winehouse

Anyone see Amy on TV last night?

There were a lot of nasty posts on here when booze finally killed her. But I think she had a stunning talent and it's tragic she is gone. Perfect timing and a cold hard voice just suited for the blues/jazz she excelled in.

Anyone agree?

David

JTaylor 05 July 2015 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 11706722)

There were a lot of nasty posts on here when booze finally killed her. But I think she had a stunning talent and it's tragic she is gone. Perfect timing and a cold hard voice just suited for the blues/jazz she excelled in.

Anyone agree?

David

Yep.

Dirk Diggler 75 05 July 2015 09:15 PM

A true talent and a tragic way to go ......

Paben 05 July 2015 09:16 PM

She was fabulous

Turbohot 05 July 2015 09:19 PM

Anyone agree?

David

Oh, certainly! She had an amazing talent despite her boozing etc., no doubt. And yes, it's tragic that she has gone so young.

johned 05 July 2015 09:46 PM

Sadly not the first and will not be the last but sadly sometimes being talented brings the pressures of the agent,media etc,etc. and so destroys the performer.God bless her and all the others and do not judge them harshly unless you have walked in their shoes.PS sometimes getting there is better than being there.

S204Darren 05 July 2015 09:51 PM

Drove to Paris with my now Wife listening to Back To Black, shame she self destructed. A very troubled young lady, what a shame she could not turn the corner. RIP

fpan 05 July 2015 10:00 PM

Anyone agree?

David

Indeed.
Such a shame to go this way.

scoobiepaul 05 July 2015 10:02 PM

Talented lady sadly missed. always have a cd or two of hers in the car.

jonc 05 July 2015 10:04 PM

Her death was tragic as is all deaths like these, but her music was crap in my opinion. I can't believe they made a movie about her.

David Lock 05 July 2015 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 11706777)
Her death was tragic as is all deaths like these, but her music was crap in my opinion. I can't believe they made a movie about her.

Well I can't agree with you but, of course, you are entitled to your opinion.

But I really appreciate other comments posted.

David

PS. I lost my wife of 40 years earlier this week so Amy's music was a deeply cathartic time for me.

JTaylor 05 July 2015 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 11706798)

David

PS. I lost my wife of 40 years earlier this week so Amy's music was a deeply cathartic time for me.

So sorry to hear that, David. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

wrx300scooby 05 July 2015 11:16 PM

Her music was and still is brilliant in my opinion:thumb:
DL, so sorry to hear your news, my thoughts are with you.

Turbohot 05 July 2015 11:34 PM

David

Very sorry to hear that, David. My thoughts are with you and your family.

jonc 05 July 2015 11:43 PM

David

David, I'm sorry to hear of you loss. The loss of someone as close as your wife is a huge loss to bear and if Amy Winehouse's music is something that can connect with and provide a release, then no one can argue with that. My condolences to you and your family.

S204Darren 06 July 2015 12:43 AM

Sorry for your loss David.

lozgti1 06 July 2015 01:45 AM

Cannot believe Bon Scott survived so long on 2 plus bottles of whisky a day (just reading AC/DC biography)

Amy amazing though

lozgti1 06 July 2015 01:47 AM

OMG David.Just read that.So,so sorry

Lillyart14 06 July 2015 06:28 AM

I wasn't a fan of Any Winehouse, her music isn't something I'd buy. However, she did have an incredible voice and a LOT of talent.

PS Sorry to hear about your loss David, my prayers are with you and your family.

SiPie 06 July 2015 06:31 AM

David

Thoughts are with you and your children. So very sorry.

Simon

kevo10 06 July 2015 07:20 AM

Sorry to hear your sad loss. Condolences to all of you

dpb 06 July 2015 09:24 AM

Yes, sorry for your loss!

ALi-B 06 July 2015 01:34 PM

Sorry to hear this bad news, David :(

Re: Winehouse, she was one on her own in this day an age. Certainly retro. One thing that did annoy me with her, or the industry moreso was relating her to a song originally made by the Zutons, even if she did sing it better,it was never her song and she wrote far better stuff off her own bat.

Alcoholism takes no prisoners; two in my family dead from it.

Turbohot 06 July 2015 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11707011)

Re: Winehouse, she was one on her own in this day an age. Certainly retro. One thing that did annoy me with her, or the industry moreso was relating her to a song originally made by the Zutons, even if she did sing it better,it was never her song and she wrote far better stuff off her own bat.

Yeah, but she sang that song so effectively that I can see why that song became so relational to her. I love it in Amy's voice!

Dirk Diggler 75 06 July 2015 02:11 PM

Sorry for your loss David ........

David Lock 06 July 2015 02:32 PM

Thank you all so much for your kind comments. Much appreciated.

I won't post again on this thread but leave you with this which is rather nice;

Miss Me But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road, and the sun has set for me I want no rites in a gloom-filled room, why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little but not for too long and not with your head bowed low. Remember the love that we once shared miss me but let me go.

For this is a journey that we all must take and each must go alone It’s all a part of the Master’s plan a step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick at heart, Go to the friends we know, And bury your sorrow in doing good deeds. Miss me, but let me go. Anon

David

JTaylor 06 July 2015 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 11707035)

Miss Me But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road, and the sun has set for me I want no rites in a gloom-filled room, why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little but not for too long and not with your head bowed low. Remember the love that we once shared miss me but let me go.

For this is a journey that we all must take and each must go alone It’s all a part of the Master’s plan a step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick at heart, Go to the friends we know, And bury your sorrow in doing good deeds. Miss me, but let me go. Anon

David

Lovely. :)

ScoobyDoo555 06 July 2015 06:56 PM

Very sorry for your loss David :(

Turbohot 06 July 2015 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 11707035)

Miss Me But Let Me Go

David

Beautiful.

Ooperbum 06 July 2015 07:16 PM

So sorry for your loss, David.

Take good care of your self.