ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Where to buy really good quality bread? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1026623-where-to-buy-really-good-quality-bread.html)

paulr 01 July 2015 07:14 PM

Where to buy really good quality bread?

Morrisons by and large, is rubbish. Just good quality, basic bread.

Any thoughts.

(and dont say make youre own, im not a blo0dy hippie)

stonejedi 01 July 2015 07:28 PM

Make your own:D.SJ.

stonejedi 01 July 2015 07:32 PM

I started making my own 5 years ago and i have never looked back,nothing smells as nice as freshly cooked bread in the morning.Really how much ingredients is really suppose to be in bread:confused:?supermarket bread i don't think so:eek:.SJ.

Matteeboy 01 July 2015 08:16 PM

I use a bread maker - slightly cheating but at least I know what's going into it and it's always pretty good. Makes superb pizza dough too.

dpb 01 July 2015 08:20 PM

France

ALi-B 01 July 2015 09:14 PM

LOL I was just about to say France.

Serious us and the Spanish cannot make good bread.

albob 01 July 2015 10:15 PM

s'funny - I quite like Morrisons bread, just got a pumpkin and sunflower seed brown cob = very nice... :)

wrx300scooby 02 July 2015 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11705063)
LOL I was just about to say France.

Serious us and the Spanish cannot make good bread.

Totally agree:thumb:

urban 02 July 2015 08:50 AM

A bakery?

hill79 02 July 2015 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 11705015)
I started making my own 5 years ago and i have never looked back,nothing smells as nice as freshly cooked bread in the morning.Really how much ingredients is really suppose to be in bread:confused:?supermarket bread i don't think so:eek:.SJ.

I started doing this about 2 years ago, haven't bought a loaf of bread since. You can taste a huge difference in comparison to in-store baked supermarket bread - don't even get me started on the likes of Warburtons, Hovis etc, vile stuff. It's way easier than you think and theres some interesting science stuff to learn about too. I'm not a hippie either... :thumb:

Tidgy 02 July 2015 11:04 AM

proper local baker is always best, just few and far between now, all either closed or chain

The Trooper 1815 02 July 2015 11:31 AM

It will not help you but The Museum Of Welsh Life in Cardiff rebuilt (brick by brick) a traditional bakery.

The bread is incredible, tastes and smells like nothing on the high street, it's made by human hand and baked in coal fired ovens.

ALi-B 02 July 2015 10:49 PM

I think half of the issue is where the yeast comes from.

Like good beer, it can't be synthesized in mass production, well, it can, but it tastes like Carling/Stella etc. Bread is the same IMO.

ScoobyWon't 02 July 2015 11:31 PM

Star Bakery in Lincolnshire

tarmac terror 05 July 2015 09:28 AM

Make yer own ya bloody hippie!!!!!!

Guess its down to preference, I really like seeded breads, Mrs T buys some interesting things from the local bakery. I would like to try a bread maker, but would end up taking up space in the back of the cupboard with all the other unused kitchen equipment.

Littleted 05 July 2015 10:04 AM

Panasonics top bread maker it's easy, every batch I've made is awesome....get LURPACK too

Matteeboy 05 July 2015 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Littleted (Post 11706518)
Panasonics top bread maker it's easy, every batch I've made is awesome....get LURPACK too

Agreed. Also makes top notch pizza dough.
I use ours loads and have been doing so for years; definitely not an item that sits gathering dust.