ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Blobeye Peeps - Need some inspiration (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1026551-blobeye-peeps-need-some-inspiration.html)

YODI 29 June 2015 10:06 PM

Blobeye Peeps - Need some inspiration

3 Attachment(s)
Guys, I love my car, use it every day, it's the family car on weekends but I need some inspiration.

My car is an 03 WRX which is in mint condition, exhaust, Apexi filter (sold K&N it had)

I don't know what to do next, this weekend gone I changed my Japsport exhaust for a decat exhaust with Milltek backbox, which I much prefer to the old one as it was too loud for me but the Milltek is fantastic... I also want to get my sideskirts colour coded. I've fitted genuine 18" Speedlines and had them fully refurbed although I need a pair of tyres soon and changed the headunit as standard one was shocking.

So can you guys give me some inspirations or ideas?

This is my one with the old exhaust on it.

Attachment 46150

Attachment 46151

Attachment 46152

ST-X 29 June 2015 10:09 PM

Colour coded twisted skirts and do some work on the suspension? Sure, the 6spd and active diff are great fun when pushing on but day to day there's no difference. Suspension and geometry are where it's at; KYB dampers, Prodrive springs, an ALK and some offset top mounts should help, along with a pair of uprated ARB's and then a full geometry setup. 275bhp is no slouch, the difference is the suspension and traction. How about some uprated brakes from the likes of AP?

YODI 29 June 2015 10:27 PM

When i do the brakes I'll go the typical Brembo route, as tried and tested and affordable.

I'll be looking for suspension next,

So suspension wise, I sold the STI suspension I bought for it as I heard they're harsh, so do ARB drop links on their own do anything or do I need the ARB too. Where would you look for an ALK ?

As for the sideskirts, I will probably just have mine painted. I also want something done to the front bumper, it looks very narrow from the front and weak.

ScottyPPP 29 June 2015 10:41 PM

Thicker rear ARB will dial out some understeer.

Also did you used to have an E36 years ago? Username rings a bell.

YODI 29 June 2015 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyPPP (Post 11704193)
Thicker rear ARB will dial out some understeer.

Also did you used to have an E36 years ago? Username rings a bell.

Yes mate had many, 4/5 E36 M3's and a few 328i Sports :)

ScottyPPP 29 June 2015 10:44 PM

Lol, I came and bought a set of wheels off of you years ago IIRC.

YODI 29 June 2015 10:47 PM

Haha, probably.. Small world :)

Dubzy 29 June 2015 10:55 PM

looks nice buddy, For finishing touches, painted side skirts, de-tangoed and black headlight mod and lowered slightly would be my choices. I loved my old silver wrx :)

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...da77d1d3c3.jpg

south_scoob 29 June 2015 10:57 PM

That dosnt need much work at all mate. Maby just spray the skirts as you said and fit some groved rotors as stock ones they like to over heat (ive never needed brembos for fast road)

Nice photo location btw

YODI 29 June 2015 10:57 PM

Yours looks good. I Cant help but feel maybe PFF7 would have been better on mine?

And after all my research I still haven't figured out which route is best to go down for lowering it, what did you do ?

Dubzy 29 June 2015 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by YODI (Post 11704206)
Looks good. Cant help but feel maybe PFF7 would have been better?

And after all my research I still haven't figured out which route is best to go down for lowering it.

Sti shocks with prodrive springs work well on a daily driver.

GH80 30 June 2015 12:19 PM

Maybe a splitter and some sti front winglets. I kind of like the abs plastic look for splitters and skirts. I think the detango and black lights are tacky but each to their own.
I would love to lower mine but I don't want to give up a fairy smooth ride. Are the prodrive springs any harsher than standard sti ones?

The Trooper 1815 30 June 2015 12:51 PM

I have Eibach Springs and Sachs Touring shocks on mine. The suspension was set up by Powerstation and the map by Bob Rawle, all in all it's a pretty good all round car. It's got a few extra's as it's a JDM but other than that I am happy.

I have gone backwards with body guff on mine but each to their own. This is where I am at the moment with some more to do over the next few months.
https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/1...le-really.html

nortonscooby 30 June 2015 09:34 PM

Looks good mate im in same sort of dilema. I got a 53plate wrx again skiped sti as mrs drives it and normally have 3 kids in back. Mine 273bhp. Ive so far detangoed and blacked front lights. Black mudflaps and debadged. It came with 18inch revoutions and uk300 spoiler(that i hated but had grown on me). Im ready for power upgrade now. My previous bug wrx was 336bhp and would pull away from my mates 340ish blob sti all day long. As for chocolate internals and gearboxes it run this power for a good 3years/30k miles and is still goin strong now with new owner on 90k plus miles.

Dave Y 30 June 2015 09:41 PM

Have a look at my thread in projects you might pick up one or two ideas.

fawor 30 June 2015 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by YODI (Post 11704206)
Yours looks good. I Cant help but feel maybe PFF7 would have been better on mine?

And after all my research I still haven't figured out which route is best to go down for lowering it, what did you do ?

stay with turinis, to many pff7 copys-redlines and asuka on the market,
don't buy aftermarket bumper skirts, if- than buy full sti front bumper plus splitter - zunsport full lenght black mesh could finish it nice
2k for new not bad suspension set up
coilovers,drop links,arb's,alk,roll centre kit,front and rear struts and still its only 03 wrx
paint centre console black,plus red hazard switch 21quid from scoobyparts
3 rear windows tint
finally sell it and buy sti:norty:

ditchmyster 01 July 2015 07:16 AM

I'd advise fitting steering rack poly bushes, pca dynamics springs and sti rear roll bar then prodrive geo settings, also fit Polly bushes on both roll bars,then see how that feels,

The Trooper 1815 02 July 2015 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by fawor (Post 11704681)
stay with turinis, to many pff7 copys-redlines and asuka on the market,
don't buy aftermarket bumper skirts, if- than buy full sti front bumper plus splitter - zunsport full lenght black mesh could finish it nice
2k for new not bad suspension set up
coilovers,drop links,arb's,alk,roll centre kit,front and rear struts and still its only 03 wrx
paint centre console black,plus red hazard switch 21quid from scoobyparts
3 rear windows tint
finally sell it and buy sti:norty:

He's borrowed the village brain cell again.

ZaKv1 02 July 2015 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11705399)
He's borrowed the village brain cell again.

:lol1:

Henrik 02 July 2015 08:36 PM

I think it looks pretty nice as it is, to be fair.

Painting the skirts will make the car look a bit lower, and more "finished" (at least that's what I thought when I had mine done years ago).

Re suspension, I used to have new KYB shocks and prodrive springs on a bugeye wagon, and I found the ride absolutely terrible. Horrible ride and skippy on uneven surfaces (I bet down b-roads the standard suspension is faster). If you're going to change suspension, and don't do track work, I'd personally get some soft coilovers, as at least that shouldn't ruin the ride.

The rear ARB made a big difference on my car, but it comes at a price, namely that the car will be more oversteery, which may or may not be what you want on a day to day family car.

YODI 02 July 2015 08:43 PM

Hi, I'd much rather over than under steer and it's easier for me to control as my history of cars is much more rwd than 2/4wd

imprezagaz 02 July 2015 08:49 PM

Have you considered pedders suspension? They do them at Scoobyclinic and scoobyworx. They've got some good reviews.

YODI 02 July 2015 08:51 PM

Yes I have, but because (I Don't think) there's anything wrong with my suspension I didn't want to spend £600+ on it at the mo and I dont know how the car rides after they're fitted.

MelTypeR 03 July 2015 12:27 PM

Yodi give me a call mate and I can run you through a few choice mods.

Mel

jamiebsti 03 July 2015 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 46030

:P my baby

Dirk Diggler 75 03 July 2015 01:15 PM

Looks good as it is .....

kevo10 03 July 2015 01:47 PM

Lovely

Darrell@Scoobyworx 03 July 2015 07:06 PM

Remember SN10 gives you 10% off most things on our website :-)

If anything doesn't work with the code check with us as if it's a new product for us sometimes we have forgot to add it :-)

Pedders01 08 July 2015 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by YODI (Post 11705545)
Yes I have, but because (I Don't think) there's anything wrong with my suspension I didn't want to spend £600+ on it at the mo and I dont know how the car rides after they're fitted.

I know its not exactly round the corner, but we do have a bug with our suspension fitted which you (or anyone else) are welcome to test drive if you want to get a feel for the ride. Plenty of poor roads round here!

YODI 08 July 2015 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pedders01 (Post 11708102)
I know its not exactly round the corner, but we do have a bug with our suspension fitted which you (or anyone else) are welcome to test drive if you want to get a feel for the ride. Plenty of poor roads round here!

Thanks, car written off this morning though