ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   French strikers again.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1026537-french-strikers-again.html)

alcazar 29 June 2015 07:03 PM

French strikers again....

My Ferry Link striking and blockading Calais again, today and tomorrow.

Just had a phone call telling me no travel tomorrow, rebook.

I now lose my hotel booking for that night too.

B@stards!!!!!!!!!!!

ditchmyster 01 July 2015 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11704025)
My Ferry Link striking and blockading Calais again, today and tomorrow.

Just had a phone call telling me no travel tomorrow, rebook.

I now lose my hotel booking for that night too.

B@stards!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't have much luck do you

hodgy0_2 01 July 2015 11:20 AM

I vividly remember the day when I realised the world did not rotate on its Axis around me

theboy 01 July 2015 12:46 PM

Not like the French to strike :lol1::lol1:

Tidgy 01 July 2015 12:50 PM

they say we smell of garlic, we are insulted, strike!!!!!!

they looked at us wrong :o,,,,, strike!!!!!

were bored,,,, strike!!!!!!

about sums it up lol

Lillyart14 01 July 2015 12:51 PM

Used to work on the freight department at Eurotunnel for a few years. Whenever the French went on strike we just rolled our eyes and went "yeah, alright. Whatever..." It was happening every month...

ALi-B 01 July 2015 01:15 PM

I don't mind the striking too much, they have the right to do that, however the blockading of other means of travelling and sabotaging the tunnels/railways is just the acts of selfish scum.

Upsetting the British isn't going to help them...the Birtish will just avoid Calais and cross the boarder eleswhere.

JGlanzaV 02 July 2015 07:06 AM

I disagree Ali, that's a very "british" thing to say.

The french know how to have a good strike/protest and the brits need to learn from it.

Its no wonder our work force get **** on. So much.

The whole idea of a strike/protest is. To cause as. Much disrution as possible and they are doing just that. If you organise it with the authorities (whose job it is to ensure you cause as little disruption as possible) you will never get anywhere.

Inconvenient for us, but they are doing the right thing.

ALi-B 02 July 2015 07:20 AM

So you thinks it's ok to sabotage and vandalise the motorways and railways

theboy 02 July 2015 12:51 PM

The French need Maggie Thatcher, she sorted our strikers out.

taylor85 02 July 2015 01:03 PM

just sack them, replace! plenty of migrants around there looking for work

alcazar 02 July 2015 01:09 PM

Still ongoing.
They are threatening to hold onto the ferries by violent means and scuttle one in Calais harbour if attacked.

warrenm2 02 July 2015 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11705296)
Still ongoing.
They are threatening to hold onto the ferries by violent means and scuttle one in Calais harbour if attacked.

fvck em. Send in the army if they think they can threaten that sort of thing

alcazar 02 July 2015 06:58 PM

The army and CRS had to deal with it last time.

You know, before the French government ignored EC rules and subbed them to keep them going?

JGlanzaV 02 July 2015 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11705140)
So you thinks it's ok to sabotage and vandalise the motorways and railways

do you think its okay to suppress the workers so much that they feel the need to do this? There is a time and place for peaceful protest etc, but sometimes enough is enough, and it looks like the french got that far!!

Originally Posted by theboy (Post 11705289)
The French need Maggie Thatcher, she sorted our strikers out.

Ah yeah, and completely **** all the workers over just like she did to ll of us.... Maggots 1 Maggie 0

ALi-B 02 July 2015 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11705474)
do you think its okay to suppress the workers so much that they feel the need to do this? There is a time and place for peaceful protest etc, but sometimes enough is enough, and it looks like the french got that far!!

Ah yeah, and completely **** all the workers over just like she did to ll of us.... Maggots 1 Maggie 0

When it goes as far as scuttling ferries: Yeah that's a good idea...sink the very ships that earns your wage. Disillusion and deter every haulage operator and traveler from using Calais so they arrange other means via other ports (Le Havre, Dunkirk, Santander, Bilboa, Zeebrugge etc). Like that's going to ensure your future job stability.

Last time I was caught up in this I just went via Santander....Calais's loss...I won't be the only one thinking on these lines.

Dirk Diggler 75 02 July 2015 09:03 PM

The bloody surrender monkeys know how to strike......marvellous ...

hodgy0_2 02 July 2015 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11705137)
I disagree Ali, that's a very "british" thing to say.

The french know how to have a good strike/protest and the brits need to learn from it.

Its no wonder our work force get **** on. So much.

The whole idea of a strike/protest is. To cause as. Much disrution as possible and they are doing just that. If you organise it with the authorities (whose job it is to ensure you cause as little disruption as possible) you will never get anywhere.

Inconvenient for us, but they are doing the right thing.

When I used to sit in the back of Black Cabs I used to have to listen to them drone on endlessly about the striking bus/train drivers - causing chaos and disruption etc etc

They genuinely thought they were untouchable

Roll on a few years and behold the rise of Uber - a direct threat to the Cabbies

What do those witless cvnts do in protest, blockade Trafalgar Square!!!!!!!

As I have said previously "everyone is a special case"

alcazar 03 July 2015 09:56 AM

To go back to the French, Sealink went under about two years ago, and that should have been that.

But the French government apparently, against EC rules, subsidised it and came to a deal with Eurotunnel whereby ET would own the two ferries and a new company, MyFerryLink, would operate.

Now ET has realised it's not making any money, so has sold the ferries to DFDS...who want to lay off 5/8 of the workers.

That's what it's about: a group of workers damned lucky to be IN jobs at all, striking to keep them.

If that is enough to warrant what they are doing, the world has gone mad.

AND the three top union officials are under police investigation for tax, "lost" money etc etc.....