ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   kids fly tipping: (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1026471-kids-fly-tipping.html)

ALi-B 28 June 2015 12:45 PM

kids fly tipping:

Just this minute spotting two kids pull up outside the house in a car, get out, carry four bin bags down the bridle path.

Now I didn't think much of it, though maybe they were throwing something into their mates garden as houses do back onto the path.

Nope, just popped out to satisfy my suspicion and they've dumped four bags of bottles and party rubbish. Whats clearly happened is they live down the road, had a house party and dumped the rubbish rather than go to the tip.

I've got the details of the car, but, do I find the car, which I believe is about 20houses down, have a knock on the door and say "Hello, can you clean up your **** that you just dumped" or Leave a note.

Or call the council and report them for fly tipping.

Or do nothing....

Bear in mind the latter is because my house is the only house that could spot them (I have the reg number). And I don't want revenge attacks (two nice cars on the drive, I'd like to keep them like that).

Kids...eh? :rolleyes:

ALi-B 28 June 2015 01:02 PM

Here goes....next door neighbour has come round to hold my hand LOL (yeah I'm a coward :o ) ...we're both going to have a word. Turns out party rubbish has been dumped the other end of the path before ona previous occasion. Chances are its the same bunch.

Lets see if the parents are in :norty:

JGlanzaV 28 June 2015 01:03 PM

Tough one, personally Id go and empty the rubbish back onto their lawn.... But appreciate you not been able to do it anon could lead to repurcussions.

How about report it to the council but not give them the reg and just have a quiet word with them when you see them?

JGlanzaV 28 June 2015 01:03 PM

LOL, awwwww, if you need some more support I can send round a care bear ;)

*matthewturb2000* 28 June 2015 01:30 PM

I'd take the bags and put them on the roof and bonnet of their car and a post it note on the widow saying "next time if feed it to you"

PaulC72 28 June 2015 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11703313)
Here goes....next door neighbour has come round to hold my hand LOL (yeah I'm a coward :o ) ...we're both going to have a word. Turns out party rubbish has been dumped the other end of the path before ona previous occasion. Chances are its the same bunch.

Lets see if the parents are in :norty:

Forget the rubbish I want to know is the next door neighbour female and fit?

That aside either speak to the parents if you know then or report it to the council with details.

ALi-B 28 June 2015 01:42 PM

Well, found car on a driveway...nobody answered door.

Went back home, wrote a note to post, then walking back again spotted the same car driving up the road and flagged it down. A few words about doing the right thing they apologised and collected the rubbish. :cool:

Its a nice house, parents house -obviously, so these kids know better. FFS there's a bottle bank down the road.

Next door neighbor is one of those that stands for no shyte, heart of gold. Was decided and ready to go knocking on doors in the whole street before I even had chance to ask what should I do :lol1:

alcazar 28 June 2015 05:50 PM

Get ready for Ali's posts about, "Someone posted dog crap through my letter box....."

LOL

ALi-B 28 June 2015 06:49 PM

Will make a change from the pigeon sh*t I keep walking in through the door. :)

(The winged-rat bastids not being content with being able to sh*t on the car now I park it away from the tree have now taken to roosting on the branch that overhangs the front door...TPO tree - council won't let me prune it :mad: ).

alcazar 28 June 2015 08:49 PM

http://www.air-arms.co.uk/products/sporter/s200-sporter

wayne9t9 28 June 2015 08:54 PM

Don`t bother with a plastic owl, apparently they don`t work.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/B...MSi90wp4Ol.jpg

ALi-B 28 June 2015 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11703524)

Yeah me walking round in public firing a rifle...that scenario is going to pan out wonderfully....

.....Especially as I've got a bit of a suntan and stubble....

Turbohot 29 June 2015 09:57 AM

Well, make sure that your new security system is spot on. You've been victimised twice before. Now after taking it up with these kids, no matter how decent they may have acted under obligation, you need to be more on guard. If not breaking in, they can always puncture your tyre and leg it, one night. Then one night you could do something like that to them. Watch out, it could have been a start of the WW1 between you and the naughty gang. :Suspiciou

Torquemada 02 July 2015 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11703629)
Yeah me walking round in public firing a rifle...that scenario is going to pan out wonderfully....

.....Especially as I've got a bit of a suntan and stubble....

I can only imagine, even me walking through US boarder control with a massive beard and a bald head seemed scary, I was clearly an al quaeda convert... :lol1:

New_scooby_04 02 July 2015 09:22 AM

Well done mate; best approach is usually to start with the reasonable "do the right thing" approach. If that doesn't work then you can go SN "I'M BUILT LIKE A BRICK ****HOUSE AND HAVE, NINJA SKILLS" on them ;) :D

Or just report them to the council; they are usually very good at responding to fly tiping!

hodgy0_2 02 July 2015 09:37 AM

flt tipping really boils my piss

in most cases -(seemingly this one) it is simply due to unthinking ignorance