ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   Pedders Ezi-fit (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/1026453-pedders-ezi-fit.html)

neil-h 27 June 2015 07:41 PM

Pedders Ezi-fit

Has anyone on here got the Pedders Ezi-fit suspension fitted to a hawk? Just I'm debating swapping the BC BR coil overs on mine as I find the ride a bit hard/bouncy and the Pedders kit looks like a reasonable alternative.

YODI 29 June 2015 09:26 PM

I looked into the Pedders too, if I decide to keep my car long term I will buy a set too for my Blob.

ricodjs 29 June 2015 11:52 PM

Avoid Pedders for hawk (wagon)

Just had my worn out shocks replaced with Pedders.
Couldn't go round corners, or carry any kind of load in the back as they made the tyres scrape the wheel arches and messed up a brand new set of Goodyear Eagle F1s.
They were then replaced with the more substantial Pedders which...made no difference whatsoever.
Am now having to replace them with Subaru OEM.
Total disaster and waste of time and money.
It is a wagon so not sure how much that affects things but wanted to let people know.

Tidgy 29 June 2015 11:55 PM

They do not do a set that fit wagons, who ever supplied them to you supplied the wrong items. Weight on the back of a wagon is heavier than saloon hence the rubbing.

YODI 30 June 2015 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by ricodjs (Post 11704225)
Couldn't go round corners, or carry any kind of load in the back as they made the tyres scrape the wheel arches and messed up a brand new set of Goodyear Eagle F1s.
They were then replaced with the more substantial Pedders which...made no difference whatsoever.
It is a wagon so not sure how much that affects things but wanted to let people know.

Maybe there's more too it than just suspension worn on your car ?

Did you call Pedders to discuss ? Surely you didn't spend £600+ and now just give up that easily

Tidgy 30 June 2015 07:48 AM

read above, THEY DO NOT DO A SET THAT FIT WAGONS, they will be too soft at the back and the wheels will rub

plenty 30 June 2015 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by YODI (Post 11704257)
Maybe there's more too it than just suspension worn on your car ?

Correct. Worn shocks won't drastically affect the ride height so something else must be the cause - too wide or wrong offset wheels perhaps?

Tidgy 30 June 2015 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by plenty (Post 11704304)
Correct. Worn shocks won't drastically affect the ride height so something else must be the cause - too wide or wrong offset wheels perhaps?

THEY ARE THE WRONG FITMENT, PEDDERS DO NOT DO A SET FOR WAGONS.

or is no body bothering to read? lol

plenty 30 June 2015 10:18 AM

Tidgy...read what I posted - I'm not disagreeing with you or in fact making any comment whatsoever on Pedders products. I am merely pointing out that the root cause of this individual's problem is not worn shocks.

Tidgy 30 June 2015 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by plenty (Post 11704328)
Tidgy...read what I posted - I'm not disagreeing with you or in fact making any comment whatsoever on Pedders products. I am merely pointing out that the root cause of this individual's problem is not worn shocks.

ah, my bad, missunderstood what you were getting at :lol1:

the ezi fit are full struts/springs/top mount and come as a whole unit that just replaces whats there, they are just the wrong fitment for your car rico, so will always scrap on the back end due to the extra weight.

Sad Weevil 30 June 2015 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11704331)
they are just the wrong fitment for your car rico, so will always scrap on the back end due to the extra weight.

But the extra weight of a wagon is only 35kg or so :confused:. A saloon with a 35kg weight in the boot wouldn't have any problems. Must be something else going on. My classic wagon has Prodrive WR Bilsteins from a saloon, which are 40mm shorter than oem, and even fully loaded with a caravan in tow theres no issues of clearance. Yes the springs are stiffer than OE, but not much. The few mm of static drop on the rear of the wagon can easily be remedied with saggy butt spacers.

Pedders01 01 July 2015 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by ricodjs (Post 11704225)

As suggested by others, it doesn't sound like the shocks are you problem.

Was it the complete Ezifit kit you had fitted, or just the shocks?

If its just the shocks, changing these isn't going to change the height. As already suggested above, the Ezifit kit isn't ideal for wagons as it will sit lower.

That said, even if the car was resting on the bumpstops, the wheels shouldn't touch the arches. Thats a wheel fitment/offset issue.

What is the actual problem you are trying to solve? If its rubbing the arches, changing suspension is not the answer.

PM me if you prefer.

Pedders01 01 July 2015 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11703083)
Has anyone on here got the Pedders Ezi-fit suspension fitted to a hawk? Just I'm debating swapping the BC BR coil overs on mine as I find the ride a bit hard/bouncy and the Pedders kit looks like a reasonable alternative.

Got a set on our bug. Its the same kit on both. If you are anywhere near, you are more than welcome to have a test drive.

neil-h 01 July 2015 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pedders01 (Post 11704724)
Got a set on our bug. Its the same kit on both. If you are anywhere near, you are more than welcome to have a test drive.

I may have to take you up on that offer (if i decide to keep the car), where abouts in Bucks are you?

Pedders01 01 July 2015 08:39 AM

Great Horwood. Just to the west of Milton Keynes.

Ash Knight 27 August 2015 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pedders01 (Post 11704735)
Great Horwood. Just to the west of Milton Keynes.

Hi, I'm going up to Milton Keynes mid september for work and I'm considering the pedders sport ryder kit for my blob WRX. If you're offering a quick test drive then I'l be more than happy to take you up on that offer :thumb:

Pedders01 27 August 2015 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ash Knight (Post 11729208)
Hi, I'm going up to Milton Keynes mid september for work and I'm considering the pedders sport ryder kit for my blob WRX. If you're offering a quick test drive then I'l be more than happy to take you up on that offer :thumb:

No problem. Please give me a couple of days notice as ive got a few days off in september as has my collegue. Just call us on the hone number on our website.

Ash Knight 27 August 2015 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pedders01 (Post 11729217)
No problem. Please give me a couple of days notice as ive got a few days off in september as has my collegue. Just call us on the hone number on our website.

No worries thanks a lot! I'm over from 14th-18th September so whatever day is best for you really :) I'll be in touch Closer to the day