ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Duncan graham or scoobyclinic (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1026260-duncan-graham-or-scoobyclinic.html)

Sharkdisco 23 June 2015 08:06 AM

Duncan graham or scoobyclinic

Hello

My car is ready for a remap 05 wrx full 3"decat k&n typhoon filter uprated fuel pump.

Both are local as Duncan visit my area once a month.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend either one from experience or results

ditchmyster 23 June 2015 08:14 AM

Scooby Clinic and Pat the resident mapper gets my vote, one of the best in the business, backed up by a large workshop full of mechanics and a barn full of parts, should there be any problems on the day, they have the knowledge support and parts access to solve problems and get you on your way.

Sure it might be cheaper elsewhere, but if issues arise, which happens a lot, then you can quite easily find yourself out of pocket with an un-mapped car that has problems until there is another slot available, which could be weeks or even months.

Sharkdisco 23 June 2015 09:35 AM

Thats true handy to have the mechanics around

banny sti 23 June 2015 09:49 AM

Pat mapped a car for me many years ago, excellent results and very knowledgable :)

Tidgy 23 June 2015 10:03 AM

scoobyclinic/pat 100%

Big sparks 23 June 2015 06:12 PM

You won't go wrong with either mate , I have used both in the past and more than happy on all occasions ;-)

Steve777 23 June 2015 08:04 PM

Scoobyclinc and Pat will map your car on their rolling road with road sign off. Only way to do it my opinion. Have mapped several ECU's for me with no problems with supporting printouts to prove Power/Torque, AFR & Boost

AbbasSTI 23 June 2015 08:27 PM

Pat is a legend no doubt and I wouldn't hesitate in getting my car mapped by him. But Duncan also maps at places with dyno's and workshops full of knowledgeable mechanics. I'm meeting him tomorrow at GR Performance in Rotherham.

STi.G 23 June 2015 10:23 PM

Both have mapped my car. Performance wise the best results came from the clinic. Aftercare is also a contributing factor. When niggles arose Duncan was unreachable and offered tweaks at extra cost, whereas the clinic are always happy to help and Pat is always approachable and ready to answer questions.

As for GR Performance? Well that's a whole different thread....

300gnspitzer 23 June 2015 11:19 PM

I've had two maps by Duncan, very happy on both occasions, I'm not knocking Scooby clinic as I've never used them.

banny sti 24 June 2015 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by STi.G (Post 11701315)
Both have mapped my car. Performance wise the best results came from the clinic. Aftercare is also a contributing factor. When niggles arose Duncan was unreachable and offered tweaks at extra cost, whereas the clinic are always happy to help and Pat is always approachable and ready to answer questions.

As for GR Performance? Well that's a whole different thread....

Bad experience?

STi.G 24 June 2015 10:25 AM

Not a bad experience as such. I couldn't and wouldn't comment on their technical knowledge because I've never had them do any work on my cars. where I have issue is with a garage with no morals.

RS_Matt 24 June 2015 08:36 PM

Pat and the SC all day long!

crazyspeedfreakz 25 June 2015 06:50 PM

Thoughts

I need to change my wheels once that's done I'm want a mapping session... I've spoken Bob Rawle on a few occasions now regarding a mapping day at Surrey rolling road and it seems that this would not be a issue.

I want Bob to map my spec c in the next month or two and no date has been confirmed but as said I'm going to be needing this done sooner rather than later just wondering if there are another 2 / 3 people who might be interested in a mapping day with Bob at SRR in the next month or two.

CSF

Sharkdisco 25 June 2015 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by crazyspeedfreakz (Post 11702170)
Thoughts

I need to change my wheels once that's done I'm want a mapping session... I've spoken Bob Rawle on a few occasions now regarding a mapping day at Surrey rolling road and it seems that this would not be a issue.

I want Bob to map my spec c in the next month or two and no date has been confirmed but as said I'm going to be needing this done sooner rather than later just wondering if there are another 2 / 3 people who might be interested in a mapping day with Bob at SRR in the next month or two.

CSF

If I lived closer id be up for that herd very good things about bob, on the flip side if anyone from Yorkshire wanted a map with bob, he said he'd need minimum of 3 to get him to Yorkshire area

imprezagaz 25 June 2015 09:14 PM

I'm after one in the next month or 2 but Scoobyclinic will be my choice and I'd want a print out. Scoobyclinic is the closest to me, anyone else up this area and we might be able to get a deal

shepbomb 25 June 2015 09:41 PM

Clinic all day for me, just collecting a few parts together then im off down there for them to be fitted and mapped.... oh and im gonna be getting a sc36 from them too...

imprezagaz 25 June 2015 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by shepbomb (Post 11702262)
Clinic all day for me, just collecting a few parts together then im off down there for them to be fitted and mapped.... oh and im gonna be getting a sc36 from them too...

Great turbo choice. What other mods have you got fitted?

shepbomb 25 June 2015 09:55 PM

Current Mods...... PERRIN Gearbox Bushes, and lots of perrin engine dress up LOL
Future Mods... SC36, Pink Injectors, 3 Port Boost, H&S Decat Downpipe and Perrin Uppipe,

Dirk Diggler 75 25 June 2015 10:10 PM

The clinic get my vote .....

fatboy_coach 26 June 2015 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by crazyspeedfreakz (Post 11702170)
Thoughts

CSF

Speak with Subaru 4 You in Newbury as Bob is doing a mapping day there in August. :thumb:

MattyB1983 26 June 2015 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by fatboy_coach (Post 11702664)
Speak with Subaru 4 You in Newbury as Bob is doing a mapping day there in August. :thumb:

I'm not a fan of 'mapping days'. I prefer the person mapping my car to be completely focused on my car and not thinking about the other 10 he's got to get through that day.

veerinder9 26 June 2015 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 11702679)
I'm not a fan of 'mapping days'. I prefer the person mapping my car to be completely focused on my car and not thinking about the other 10 he's got to get through that day.

+1 if mapper is time bound and needs to get for example 5 cars mapped in say 8 hours then not enough time given to get the best setup out of each car.

bustaMOVEs 26 June 2015 10:27 PM

Group mapping sesh lol

I vote for Duncant :)

Zhustwaite 30 June 2015 11:21 AM

Has anyone ever had any remapping done by AET???