ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   help with byuing 2004 Spec C (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1026076-help-with-byuing-2004-spec-c.html)

Brodziu 18 June 2015 07:58 AM

help with byuing 2004 Spec C

Hi, I found this one from Torque GT and it seems it's priced well, but would like to hear what you think guys?

S3LDM 18 June 2015 08:14 AM

Would not worry me thats for sure ;)

63k is good milage for a car that is 11 year old car, get a full list of the mods off them go up and have a look at it, take it for a drive and go from there

STI -V4 18 June 2015 10:05 AM

As mentioned 63k is nothing for the age of the car...

Brodziu 18 June 2015 01:56 PM

Thanks for your help, decision has been made and deposit has been put down so they can start the process of registration and get it mapped for UK fuel :D
Car would be ready for collection in about two weeks :D
Can't wait :D

bluenosewrx 18 June 2015 02:49 PM

Is that not the motorsport version????

is it wind up windows?, the motorsport ones came with crappy wheels, no black seats and steeel brakes as standard. maybe been modded with parts to bring it up to spec.

Looks good though.

Brodziu 18 June 2015 03:17 PM

As far as I know there are two versions of spec c, crappy one as you said without AC, wrx brakes, without gear stuck surround, no radio and no speakers and the other one with AC, sti brakes if it comes to interior black seats are from MY05.

STI Glenn 18 June 2015 04:27 PM

No worries bought my FSTI of Torque gt great guys car great

scoobiepaul 18 June 2015 06:38 PM

Looks like bembos to me, and my Spec c has black interior (2003) looks a nice one.:thumb:

BBB3 18 June 2015 07:07 PM

I have a hawk spec c, they are awesome bits of kit :D

fawor 18 June 2015 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Brodziu (Post 11698890)
Thanks for your help, decision has been made and deposit has been put down so they can start the process of registration and get it mapped for UK fuel :D
Car would be ready for collection in about two weeks :D
Can't wait :D

that was sold and back on the market,(previous price 10.295) check for previous accidents
wrong strut brace and seats looks like from uk300, dirty as ****
take with You geiger counter :)

scoobiepaul 18 June 2015 08:02 PM

As said take a good look over it, if possible take someone with Subaru knowledge with you. Looks like it has electric windows as far as I can see? Not sure but think it should have dccd as standard but may be wrong. Think the seats are non standard though. Good luck, hope it is a good one as they are awesome cars. I have a T25 version and it is like a big road legal go cart. :norty:

type-ra 18 June 2015 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Brodziu (Post 11698918)
As far as I know there are two versions of spec c, crappy one as you said without AC, wrx brakes, without gear stuck surround, no radio and no speakers and the other one with AC, sti brakes if it comes to interior black seats are from MY05.

You need the model code & option code or VIN number to identify it correctly. Too many non standard parts to be 100% without:thumb:

Brodziu 18 June 2015 09:55 PM

Thanks for your replies guys which makes me worry a bit now, I'll try to get an VIN number, but does someone on here will be able to check if it is scpec c or not? I'll send an email to torque about my concern and we will wait for thier response. Thanks a lot.

type-ra 18 June 2015 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Brodziu (Post 11699081)
Thanks for your replies guys which makes me worry a bit now, I'll try to get an VIN number, but does someone on here will be able to check if it is scpec c or not? I'll send an email to torque about my concern and we will wait for thier response. Thanks a lot.

VIN number or model code & option code will tell you exactly what the car is:thumb:

Brodziu 18 June 2015 10:03 PM

Thanks, I'll get back with VIN as soon as I get it from torque, unless they want to hide something ;)

BBB3 19 June 2015 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Brodziu (Post 11699088)
Thanks, I'll get back with VIN as soon as I get it from torque, unless they want to hide something ;)

Can't see them hiding nothing mate, they have a good rep :thumb:

madisonmonkey 19 June 2015 07:10 AM

Still don't understand why people offer opinions when they don't know what they're talking about.

Brodziu, it's a Spec C WR limited.

04 model year widetrack.
DCCD.
Brembo's.
electric windows and mirrors.
Blue STI interior with unique stitching on seats and floor mats.
WR Limited badging (rectangular one below STI on rear).

The front splitter and rear wing risers are not original and there is an aftermarket exhaust, front strut brace, induction kit, earthing kit, rad panel and all the usual interior electronic crap found on most imports.
Once you've taken all that lot off looks like you'll have a nice car :thumb:

bluenose172 19 June 2015 09:12 AM

It's a MY05 made in 2004. My Spec C was a WR Ltd.

The Trooper 1815 19 June 2015 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by fawor (Post 11699014)
that was sold and back on the market,(previous price 10.295) check for previous accidents

Where is your proof on the price f**kwit?
The parts are interchangeable with any Impreza, it's a bit like the eBay tat all over your sh*t heap.
It's unlikely to see you in a Tesco carpark with your trolley and bucket for a wash, so cleanliness is not an issue.

Matt_STi 19 June 2015 09:37 AM

That's a good website! Car looks lovely too. Noticed two gorgeous R34 GTR sold recently.:luvlove:

Brodziu 19 June 2015 09:58 AM

Thanks for your posts guys, it's my first subaru and I'm crawling on this scene so far and I don't want to buy some crap so appreciate your help, I choosed Torque after reading many positive rewievs so I was hoping I'm getting genuine car, here are details I got from them

Chassis Number: GDB-030370
Model Code: GDBE4FH
Description: 91H
Colour code: 51E
Code of upholstery: B20

Can someone verify that please.
Thanks.

The Pink Ninja 19 June 2015 10:05 AM

GDBE4FH says it's a STI Spec-C revision E which is the widetrack blob ;)

Brodziu 19 June 2015 10:14 AM

here's the picture of the plate
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...68e9b4e4eb.jpg

The Trooper 1815 19 June 2015 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Brodziu (Post 11699226)

http://www.spec-c.com/what-model-is-my-impreza/

http://www.type-ra.com/impreza-timeline-gd-gg/

Good buy from a great bunch.

type-ra 19 June 2015 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Brodziu (Post 11699221)
Thanks for your posts guys, it's my first subaru and I'm crawling on this scene so far and I don't want to buy some crap so appreciate your help, I choosed Torque after reading many positive rewievs so I was hoping I'm getting genuine car, here are details I got from them

Chassis Number: GDB-030370
Model Code: GDBE4FH
Description: 91H
Colour code: 51E
Code of upholstery: B20

Can someone verify that please.
Thanks.

Spec C WR-Limited:thumb:

Sarg400 19 June 2015 03:32 PM

Bought a couple cars from Mike can't go wrong with torque gt mate, good honest garage
Any doubts phone them up there very helpful

Maz 19 June 2015 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11699205)
Where is your proof on the price f**kwit?
The parts are interchangeable with any Impreza, it's a bit like the eBay tat all over your sh*t heap.
It's unlikely to see you in a Tesco carpark with your trolley and bucket for a wash, so cleanliness is not an issue.

Saved me the job trooper. :thumb:

Aaron1978 19 June 2015 09:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by fawor (Post 11699014)

Attachment 46549

Brodziu 19 June 2015 10:29 PM

Thanks a lot guys, I'm glad you confirmed it's a genuine spec c ;) I've read many positive reviews about torque so I was a bit confused after reading few first posts, but everything is clear now ;)
I don't know anyone who has knowledge about subaru to take with me to check the car at torque, besides 8 hours drive round trip it's not the best way for someone to spend his free time ;)
I've asked torque to start sorting out registration, MOT, remapping for UK fuel and I've been told I'll get cambelt replaced, waiting time would be approx 2 weeks.
Fingers crossed it will be quicker :D

TonyBurns 20 June 2015 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Brodziu (Post 11698720)
Hi, I found this one from Torque GT and it seems it's priced well, but would like to hear what you think guys? should I be worried about 63k milege? Thanks.

http://torque-gt.co.uk/car/subaru-impreza-sti-spec-c-3/

If you need an exhaust that wont drone and tire you out because the one on there will be noisy both in and out of the cabin (no sound proofing etc and it will drone) then give me a shout, I have a brand new fully H&S sports cat (3 inch) system available :)