ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Interior (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/)
-   -   03 doorcards to hawk (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/1025990-03-doorcards-to-hawk.html)

Manford 16 June 2015 03:43 PM

03 doorcards to hawk

I'm thinking of changing my door cards to the later hawk version with the round speaker section in the doors, do I need just the door cards or is all the switchgear different too?

If different is it a straight swap?

Main reason im thinking of doing this is so I can change the front speakers and with adaptors there is more room under the hawk panels?

If so has anyone got a black set for sale, dont want the blue trimmed ones.

The Trooper 1815 16 June 2015 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Manford (Post 11697951)
I'm thinking of changing my door cards to the later hawk version with the round speaker section in the doors, do I need just the door cards or is all the switchgear different too?

If different is it a straight swap?

Main reason im thinking of doing this is so I can change the front speakers and with adaptors there is more room under the hawk panels?

If so has anyone got a black set for sale, dont want the blue trimmed ones.

I have just done the same thing.

You need the metal brackets that support the cards on the main door skin, these are different. I swapped the window switches into the Hawk window switch holders in the arm rests and they work fine.

Apart from that mine fitted straight in.

Manford 17 June 2015 12:10 PM

You got any pics of the brackets?

So you fitted your original window switches into the hawk door cards? Cause the hawk ones have the mirror control in them, blob have it in the centre console?

The Trooper 1815 18 June 2015 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Manford (Post 11698304)
You got any pics of the brackets?

So you fitted your original window switches into the hawk door cards? Cause the hawk ones have the mirror control in them, blob have it in the centre console?

The Hawk switches came with the door cards but as mine is a JDM WRX I swapped out the actual switches mechanisms.
I kept the OE mirror/folding switch for now but when I get the centre console I will run an extension across and get the correct switches.
There are some pictures of the brackets and will post them later.

TECHNOPUG 18 June 2015 03:20 PM

Try and get the Hawk switches otherwise you'll have a hole where the leccy mirror switch is. When I fitted Hawk to my Bug, I had to fettle the the Bug connectors to fit in the Hawk window sockets. With literally cutting away about 1mm of plastic. Will be obvious when you try to fit them.

TECHNOPUG 18 June 2015 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hawk card in Bug:

Attachment 46572

If you don't get the Hawk switches, you'll have a hole where the mirror control is. You could wire the mirror control to the new switch but I didn't see the point.