ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   FIFA officials arrested (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/1025115-fifa-officials-arrested.html)

urban 27 May 2015 07:58 AM

FIFA officials arrested

About time, perhaps Blatter is on the list

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32895048

DJ Dunk 27 May 2015 12:22 PM

I hope Sepp Blatter paid them enough to keep quiet. Same with all organised crime, the boss never gets arrested first.

dpb 27 May 2015 12:25 PM

Yep , you only need see F1 and little Bernie

lozgti1 27 May 2015 02:37 PM

says blatter not arrested

Tidgy 27 May 2015 02:56 PM

Yeah blatter not arrested, and no revote on the world cups. May have had some of them arrested but there still as bent as a 9 bob note

ScoobyWon't 27 May 2015 03:17 PM

Let's hope this encourages the EU to look into Bernie and Toadie's actions at the FIA and F1. I don't expect this event to have scared Bernie in to cleaning up his act as he most likely thinks he untouchable, especially after bribing his way out of a bribery charge in Germany.

Tidgy 27 May 2015 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 11688161)
Let's hope this encourages the EU to look into Bernie and Toadie's actions at the FIA and F1. I don't expect this event to have scared Bernie in to cleaning up his act as he most likely thinks he untouchable, especially after bribing his way out of a bribery charge in Germany.

Can't pay his way out of his tax bill in the uk though hehe

hodgy0_2 27 May 2015 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11688167)
Can't pay his way out of his tax bill in the uk though hehe

which ironically has come about precisely because of the court case in Germany

Tidgy 27 May 2015 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11688195)
which ironically has come about precisely because of the court case in Germany

TBH its way over my heads as far as the exact ins and outs of it

hodgy0_2 27 May 2015 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11688318)
TBH its way over my heads as far as the exact ins and outs of it

it is not that complicated tbh

his deal with the UK taxman (circa 2007) to avoid a large tax bill was that his wealth was not in fact his, it was all held in trust for his wife and children

he had NO claim on it (or by extension any benefit) ergo no tax to be paid

obviously rubbish - but difficult to disprove, so the taxman did a deal on that basis

anyway roll on to the court case in Germany and court papers show he paid off the German banker with money from the "trust"

so the UK tax authorities position is that the conditions on which they made the deal - i.e. to exempt him from any tax due, has materially changed - in that he does control the money, he does benefit from it - ergo the tax is due

simple - he lied and events have caught him out

Dirk Diggler 75 27 May 2015 10:11 PM

Blatter's too clever to be associated with this ......

skoobidude 27 May 2015 10:53 PM

Soes this mean Football has closed?

dpb 27 May 2015 11:14 PM

No. , people will still play it all round of the world

You couldn't really say the same for f1

f1_fan 28 May 2015 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by skoobidude (Post 11688383)
Soes this mean Football has closed?

Sadly not, but it is another prime example of how rotten the sport is from the core to the periphery. LOL at that gormless tw4t Lineker thinking the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 WC will be re-run. :lol1:

Matteeboy 28 May 2015 07:13 AM

Trusting idiots with a lot of money will never work.

RobJenks 28 May 2015 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11688608)
Sadly not, but it is another prime example of how rotten the sport is from the core to the periphery. LOL at that gormless tw4t Lineker thinking the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 WC will be re-run. :lol1:

The sport is not rotten - Its a wonderful game .
It's the old corrupt greedy men that have infested the world game that are rotten.

I personally would love to see the Russian and Qatar tournaments re bid - Both of these venues were "paid for" and by default are invalid.

f1_fan 28 May 2015 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by RobJenks (Post 11688629)
The sport is not rotten - Its a wonderful game .
It's the old corrupt greedy men that have infested the world game that are rotten.

I personally would love to see the Russian and Qatar tournaments re bid - Both of these venues were "paid for" and by default are invalid.

Well it's not going to happen so tough :lol1::lol1::lol1:

PS Any sport that has a governing body like FIFA and fans that need segregating because they cannot watch a sport without fighting with each other is a stupid pathetic excuse for a sport Sorry to burst your bubble and all that! HTH :thumb:

dpb 28 May 2015 09:04 AM

Get im off ref :rolleyes:

Tidgy 28 May 2015 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11688639)
Well it's not going to happen so tough :lol1::lol1::lol1:

PS Any sport that has a governing body like FIFA and fans that need segregating because they cannot watch a sport without fighting with each other is a stupid pathetic excuse for a sport Sorry to burst your bubble and all that! HTH :thumb:

Tbh i think it may depend on what happens with the corruption charges. Sure i read somewhere they are planning on going after blatter as well. If a new head of fifa is brought in i can see them revoting to make sure any corruption is being seen to be delt with.

Right now sponsers are talking about pulling out.

SJ_Skyline 28 May 2015 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11688639)

^^^ This :thumb:

joz8968 28 May 2015 11:58 AM

Thing is, Bl(Tw)atter is like a cockroach after armageddon -- the **** just won't go away!

I detest the excuse for a human. As Beefy once said (of Ian Chappell): "As a human being, he's a non-entity."

Edmondo 28 May 2015 12:25 PM

I got to laugh at Putin saying that the arrests are America's attempt to infiltrate the sport.....coming from the most crooked, demented man on the planet....anyway better go off to learn Russian

joz8968 28 May 2015 01:20 PM

Putin! He's the other prick I detest! :mad: lol

...Add in Michael Gove, and you have my 'preferred' triumvirate of tossers. :D

Tidgy 28 May 2015 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Edmondo (Post 11688725)
I got to laugh at Putin saying that the arrests are America's attempt to infiltrate the sport.....coming from the most crooked, demented man on the planet....anyway better go off to learn Russian

KGB will be after you for saying that,,,,,,,, :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Mouser 28 May 2015 03:54 PM

Considering how long the allegations of corruption have been going on for the timing of this investigation is :Suspiciou

Originally Posted by f1fa_fan (Post 11688639)
Any sport that has a governing body like FIFA and fans that need segregating because they cannot watch a sport without fighting with each other is a stupid pathetic excuse for a sport Sorry to burst your bubble and all that! HTH :thumb:

Just admit it, you love the sport! :lol1:

:idea:You could wear your Man U top to the Chester "meet" if you ever get there! :thumb:

dpb 28 May 2015 07:21 PM

Dont think blatter will move . Its all about cash and publicity - this'll probably only bolster FIFA and football. - infamy is as good as fame

He'll probably die in office just like big bob and first family in Zim

Chip 28 May 2015 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mouser (Post 11688810)
Considering how long the allegations of corruption have been going on for the timing of this investigation is :Suspiciou

Just admit it, you love the sport! :lol1:

:idea:You could wear your Man U top to the Chester "meet" if you ever get there! :thumb:

:lol1:

ScoobyWon't 28 May 2015 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mouser (Post 11688810)

:idea:You could wear your Man U top to the Chester "meet":thumb:

He's not from London. :confused:

SJ_Skyline 28 May 2015 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 11688747)
Putin! He's the other prick I detest! :mad: lol

...Add in Michael Gove, and you have my 'preferred' triumvirate of tossers. :D

You appear to have spelt Tony Blair incorrectly ;)

urban 29 May 2015 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11689122)
:sleep:

Thank goodness for that , maybe threads can stay on topic now

Unlikely.

This whole FIFA affair is going to turn very ugly.
Why isn't Blatter resigning?

He knew of all about the bribes