ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   BOV,blank wastegate or leave it? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1025101-bov-blank-wastegate-or-leave-it.html)

Trinity 03 June 2015 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by GONZO01 (Post 11691609)
All this **** about how a Subaru sounds or doesn't sound, how a jdm is better than a UK Subaru who gives a ****. If you do buy a dump valve buy a good one its your money, your car and your choice so do what you like, as for which car is better a jdm or a UK subaru again who cares just enjoy your car for ****s sake whatever model Subaru it is!!!

Yes but this is a 'discussion' board, for you know, 'discussion' :)

Trinity 03 June 2015 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Barxy (Post 11691548)
This thread is brilliant :lol1::lol1::lol1:

Watching the uptight lot get all stressed out about dump valves.

Oh and Trinity, owned? Haha you are funny arent you dude, theres more people here that like dump valves than those who dont.
The best thing is us lot that like them dont get upset and cry about it like you do :luxhello:

Im gonna grab some popcorn and keep watching you get upset, this is great :D

Really? As I counted less, and I know you got all upset about it, as if we look back over the thread, you where one of the first to start ranting?

Don't see any crying just correcting and advising?

Oh and if your going to 'sit back' with pop corn, dosen't that mean you are not going to get involed again? Yet you posted again immediately after you said that?

Guess with your vast experience and involvement with Scooybnet in your 300 posts, you are the master. *cough*

#ownedcontinually

jamiebsti 03 June 2015 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ryanj1993 (Post 11688802)
^This, only person talking sense

OEM is the way forward .. running 450bhp through one .. perfect

chieftain333 03 June 2015 11:12 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...20004d749e.jpg

Ive got a genuine one and the cars had one since 2004 to no ill effect,I couldn't give a monkeys what is wrong or right and if they are chavy or against the Subaru code of conduct....I like it....so there.<br/>Sorry if I've ruined my JDM trinity 😉

Barxy 04 June 2015 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by chieftain333 (Post 11692083)
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...20004d749e.jpg

Ive got a genuine one and the cars had one since 2004 to no ill effect,I couldn't give a monkeys what is wrong or right and if they are chavy or against the Subaru code of conduct....I like it....so there.<br/>Sorry if I've ruined my JDM trinity 😉

Did you know, everytime your ssqv dumps, a small kitten dies.
How could you?

Matt_STi 04 June 2015 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Barxy (Post 11692120)
Did you know, everytime your ssqv dumps, a small kitten dies.
How could you?

I heard every time a SSQV dumps, a chav goes on benefits.

Barxy 04 June 2015 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Matt_STi (Post 11692150)
I heard every time a SSQV dumps, a chav goes on benefits.

I like to play catch-the-conrod with mine everytime it dumps :norty:

RS_Matt 04 June 2015 10:06 AM

Women like VTA and that'll do for me.

Matt_STi 04 June 2015 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 11692177)
Women like VTA and that'll do for me.

When I brought my Subaru my wife said and I quote "it's not going to have one of those sh*t gay whistle noises is it?"

At that moment, I knew it was real love. Only at the moment though, not on the wedding day. :)

Matt_STi 04 June 2015 05:22 PM

Also is the forge recirc a good upgrade from the standard?

Barxy 04 June 2015 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_STi (Post 11692330)
Also is the forge recirc a good upgrade from the standard?

If you want to stick with a recirc valve then yes i believe they are good, but to be honest if you are not running high power then you may as well stick with the OEM and save your money, or a be a rebel and buy a decent VTA.

Matt_STi 04 June 2015 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Barxy (Post 11692359)
If you want to stick with a recirc valve then yes i believe they are good, but to be honest if you are not running high power then you may as well stick with the OEM and save your money, or a be a rebel and buy a decent VTA.

What is classed as high power, I'm running just shy of 350

Barxy 04 June 2015 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_STi (Post 11692367)
What is classed as high power, I'm running just shy of 350

Im not too sure but i think the standard one can handle a bit more than that, so would be a bit pointless changing it.
Not sure of any benefits of changing it.
You may be better off asking one of the resident scoobynet genius's like Trinity, he seems to know everything.

south_scoob 30 July 2015 03:16 AM

People on here talk a load of rubish theres no way a vta bv would affect engine performance or longativaty so lets open the age old can of worms. on a impreza the dv is bolted stright to the intercoller and theres nothing mesuring the air that side

**jay** 30 July 2015 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by south_scoob (Post 11717751)
People on here talk a load of rubish theres no way a vta bv would affect engine performance or longativaty so lets open the age old can of worms. on a impreza the dv is bolted stright to the intercoller and theres nothing mesuring the air that side

Yes it does! Dumping air metered by the ecu leads to over fueling which can bore wash an engine reducing the life of it, the air in the intercooler has been metered before it enters the engine, but hey ho its your engine and if you like it sounding like a bus going past then crack on.

**jay** 30 July 2015 07:23 AM

Why dont you get one of these, all the great gay chav noise of a vta but all the correct running of the correct subaru recylce dv lol
http://s2.paultan.org/image/wtfboost.jpg

Gear Head 30 July 2015 07:27 AM

BOV,blank wastegate or leave it?

Oh Jesus Christ, not this again. :razz:

The Rig 30 July 2015 11:27 AM

Ha Bore wash from unmetered air, thats a good one !

**jay** 30 July 2015 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Rig (Post 11717856)
Ha Bore wash from unmetered air, thats a good one !

Bore wash from over rich mixture as its just got rid of the air that was to be mixed with the fuel, so yeh bore wash will happen over time.

Edmondo 30 July 2015 02:29 PM

I am obviously a chav (must be the oldest at 50 almost) and I love the sound of a Forge VTA.....Mind you going to miss it when I finally get my Front Mount fitted (Cancer visits to hospital limit my funds) but to each their own.....Judge ye lest ye be judged

The Rig 30 July 2015 03:02 PM

If you get bore wash from fitting a BOV then i have a chance of chatting up Katy perry tonight at my local !

Not sure if you have ever experienced bore wash, but even a leaky injector takes a long time to bore wash and seize an engine

please dont spread rumours of bore wash on scoobynet from fitting a BOV, facebook is the place for those rumours

**jay** 30 July 2015 07:40 PM

Just goes to show you dont even know what bore wash is lol never seen an engine "seize" from glazing of bores before, i have experienced bore wash back when i used to run grey injectors in my cossies so yeh i know all about it thanks! Face book!? Lol ill leave that for kids and chavs cheers

The Rig 30 July 2015 09:04 PM

Bless ya little cotton socks, you stick to your bore wash , I'm off to use my left handed screwdriver to remove my BOV :luxhello:

**jay** 30 July 2015 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Rig (Post 11718135)
Bless ya little cotton socks, you stick to your bore wash , I'm off to use my left handed screwdriver to remove my BOV :luxhello:

That the one you used to attach your fake roof vent with, make sure you get adult supervision to help you lol

The Rig 30 July 2015 09:42 PM

Nah, tiger seal will be ok, you still coming to help me fit it ?

XDevil666 30 July 2015 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11691571)
Blank it, and done.

Depending on turbo!!!