ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   A bit of advice please!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1024935-a-bit-of-advice-please.html)

GONZO01 22 May 2015 01:53 PM

A bit of advice please!!!

I'm just looking for some advice or suggestions please. The piece of black rubber/plastic directly below the windows on my blob has become dull and lost all its shine on one 3-4 inch patch on the drivers window more than likely from resting my arm on it whilst driving. I just want suggestions on what I can use to get the shine back on this little section? I have tried meguiars dash and trim restorer but that hasn't even remotely done anything so advice on what I need to buy to rectify this would be appreicated as its starting to get right on my t***s now.

Matt_STi 22 May 2015 02:36 PM

take it off and paint it

The Trooper 1815 22 May 2015 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by GONZO01 (Post 11685867)
I'm just looking for some advice or suggestions please. The piece of black rubber/plastic directly below the windows on my blob has become dull and lost all its shine on one 3-4 inch patch on the drivers window more than likely from resting my arm on it whilst driving. I just want suggestions on what I can use to get the shine back on this little section? I have tried meguiars dash and trim restorer but that hasn't even remotely done anything so advice on what I need to buy to rectify this would be appreicated as its starting to get right on my t***s now.

Are you talking about the top of the door card?
If so then you are pretty much FUBAR'd. It may have been suntan lotion, which is pretty nasty on paint work as well.
Short of getting a new door card your stuck unless you get it recovered.

Trinity 22 May 2015 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_STi (Post 11685881)
take it off and paint it

We knew you where not that bright, but you just topped it big time now :thumb:

Matt_STi 22 May 2015 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 11685947)
We knew you where not that bright, but you just topped it big time now :thumb:

Cute little thing aren't you

Trinity 22 May 2015 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_STi (Post 11685963)
Cute little thing aren't you

Yup:thumb:

GONZO01 22 May 2015 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11685900)
Are you talking about the top of the door card?
If so then you are pretty much FUBAR'd. It may have been suntan lotion, which is pretty nasty on paint work as well.
Short of getting a new door card your stuck unless you get it recovered.

Yes mate top most part of the door card the black strip just directly under the window.

The Trooper 1815 23 May 2015 03:18 PM

It may have had some sort of solvent or degreaser on it. But like I said suntan lotion is a F@#ker on paint and body work.