ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   The JGM day !!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1024621-the-jgm-day.html)

MattyB1983 15 May 2015 08:11 PM

The JGM day !!!

So unfortunately I wasn't able to attend today but really hope it was a success.

Would love to see some pics and hear how you all got on so please feel free to post below.

Cheers guys.

Bez300 15 May 2015 08:21 PM

It was a fantastic day, ace

banny sti 15 May 2015 08:23 PM

Absolutely awesome Matty, surpassed any TOTB for me. So many well built and driven cars, to the atmosphere from being around familiar faces was a pleasure to attend :)

mickywrx 15 May 2015 08:30 PM

Great day out, heed burnt.

Had a pax lap in Bez's Caterham(?), I much prefer having a roof and doors around me. :eek:

Bez300 15 May 2015 09:07 PM

Tell me about if Micky, can't wait yo get scoob back,,,

Soz about the spin,,lol

Bez

The Pink Ninja 15 May 2015 09:14 PM

It was a great day, I kinda echo what Banny has said, TOTB is a hectic day but today was a relaxed well organised and i hope successful for the charity...Looked a decent turn out to me... Just a real shame it had to under those circumstances, Met up with some good friends and came 10th overall so i had a great day :D

"Did i say i`m still on the standard turbo and top mount...cant remember" :lol1:

MattyB1983 15 May 2015 09:22 PM

Wonder if this will become a yearly event ???
By the sounds of it i missed a great day, I certainly won't miss the next one if it happens.

tweaks 15 May 2015 09:29 PM

Was a great day today,well relaxed atmosphere and catching up with old friends whilst meeting new ones.
All the cars were on form and to a high standard.
It was unfortunate to have an event under the circumstances but I think I'm right in saying Simon would have been proud.
I got a few photos which I'll try to upload in a bit.
Massive well done to everyone who organised the event and all that competed :)

Tim

CutMasterT 15 May 2015 10:26 PM

Gutted to have missed this, just couldn't get the time off work :(

Glad it was a good day, look forward to seeing some pics from the day if anyone has any

TypeR99 15 May 2015 10:53 PM

Totally agree with the comments re TOTB. Today was just like a massive group of mates all having a banter and fun. No ego's on show, just respect. The smaller crowds made it great for spectating and just a better enthusiast atmosphere.

20 cars running sub 12's was impressive considering burnouts were banned too.

Aaron_P85 16 May 2015 05:27 AM

Awesome day for me, the last shoot out I attended was back in 2011 when there were gail force winds!!!
Yes it was a shame to reflect on the reasons for the event happening, but equally I think that made the day that little bit less competitive, I'm only saying that because my jdm white hawk went pop :-(

But was my first time doing ¼ miles and absolutely loved it!!!! Very addictive!!!
I'm off to save for the rebuild ha!
http://youtu.be/UGaTIRhZSnI

The Pink Ninja 16 May 2015 11:19 AM

there was a few casualty's yesterday, Most gearboxes/clutches though...I did see you near the entrance on the way out i think?

Aaron_P85 16 May 2015 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja (Post 11682655)
there was a few casualty's yesterday, Most gearboxes/clutches though...I did see you near the entrance on the way out i think?

Correct! Recovery Said he'd be an hour... Clearly not the case :-(

dunx 16 May 2015 03:12 PM

Bez was supplying dodgy driveshafts to all and sundry.... (joke !).

A great day, as said Simon would have loved it, and was sadly missed.

Good to see his project car run as well !

dunx

joe v3sti 16 May 2015 03:17 PM

I did 2 drive shafts :(
On the handling of all places

dunx 16 May 2015 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by joe v3sti (Post 11682760)
I did 2 drive shafts :(
On the handling of all places

That's only because you admitted to launching like a hoon ! :cool:

joe v3sti 16 May 2015 04:20 PM

I usually launch very hard, however I wasn't really launching hard yesterday tbh.

Just one of those days. Was a belting day

micky boy 16 May 2015 04:48 PM

I agree was one of the best days ive ever had there. And ive been going to elvington for a long time. Personal best for me doing a 10.98 in a car which still had full interior jack sparewheel. Having never done handling circuit before got a 25.69 after only having 5 attempts. So all in all very happy with myself and my car.

P555SBR 16 May 2015 05:38 PM

eat my pixels were there as official photographer he is offering picture disc from the event for £25 each once he has covered his travel cost the remaining proceeds will be going to melanoma uk https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

The Pink Ninja 16 May 2015 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by micky boy (Post 11682802)
I agree was one of the best days ive ever had there. And ive been going to elvington for a long time. Personal best for me doing a 10.98 in a car which still had full interior jack sparewheel. Having never done handling circuit before got a 25.69 after only having 5 attempts. So all in all very happy with myself and my car.

you pipped me by 0.05 on the handling, what sort of power you running?

micky boy 16 May 2015 06:09 PM

Running 600hp mate. What was you driving?

The Pink Ninja 16 May 2015 07:17 PM

The Red Hawk Spec-C mate, got a decent set up on the suspension and brakes etc but lacking power, I was punching above my weight all day, lol.

micky boy 16 May 2015 08:26 PM

nice car mate. im the opposite, got the power but cant put it down due to running standard anti roll bars and drop links. with only the bc coilovers which to be honest are crap

the car isn't set up for drag or handling to be honest but thought I would have a go and don't think I done to bad

The Pink Ninja 16 May 2015 08:50 PM

We all had fun thats the main thing, you`ve got the expensive bit sorted tho :lol1:

micky boy 16 May 2015 09:58 PM

I agree mate. Thinking bout selling up now to. And yes it was a good day. ��

Mattybr5@MB Developments 17 May 2015 01:57 PM

fantastic day for us and a fitting tribute to simon this should be a yearly event I think..also good to see you all there and catching up with most of you see you all soon

Aaron_P85 17 May 2015 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mattybr5@MB Developments (Post 11683189)
fantastic day for us and a fitting tribute to simon this should be a yearly event I think..also good to see you all there and catching up with most of you see you all soon

That blobeye is naughty!!!

TypeR99 17 May 2015 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mattybr5@MB Developments (Post 11683189)

Glad the cars ok Matty, after that aborted run and rescue from the end of the 1/4 mile it didnt look good but saw you back out there later in the day :thumb:

Should definitely be a yearly event, a sort of pre-totb shakedown.

Some epic banter going on throughout the day and brilliant for enthusiasts like me to get close to some serious machinery.

TypeR99 17 May 2015 03:50 PM

And that Blue Hawkeye with the SVX engine is a proper sleeper, sounds epic!

MOTORS S GT 17 May 2015 05:09 PM

Very good day all round, good to catch up with a few people, & put a few names to faces.
The blue Hawkeye SVX is Donnie Campbells, was a full build thread on 22B for it a while ago.