ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Subaru (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/)
-   -   Subaru Impreza P1 WR Spec (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/1024589-subaru-impreza-p1-wr-spec.html)

mtb_ed 15 May 2015 08:55 AM

Subaru Impreza P1 (Underside Refreshed) £12k

10 Attachment(s)

Number 390/1000

2000 X-Reg

83,000 Miles

25,000 Miles on Rebuilt Engine By Subaru Peterborough. (See Photo for Receipt)

Engine is Running on Standard VF28 @ 285BHP

Standard 5 Speed Gearbox

RAC Tracker Fitted

500 Miles on 215/35/18 Hankook Evo V12

New Walbro 255 Fuel Pump Fitted and Plugs checked last week.

4 x 18" Prodrive Upgrade Alloys Refurbished to Match Brand New Centre Caps.

Less Than 500 Miles Since Complete Underside Rebuild Including

4 x Brand New Genuine Struts

4 x STI Group N Top Mounts

STI Group N Engine Mounts

STI Group N Gearbox Mount

Complete SuperPro Poly Bush Kit

4 x Brand New Wheels Bearing Kits

2 x OE Front Droplinks

SuperPro Rear Droplinks Upgrade

Brand New Fuel Up Pipe Kit

Steering Rack Tie Rods And Gators

2 x OE Ball Joints

And Much More

All Parts Have Been Stripped, Blasted and Painted or Zinc Coated

Underside and been Sealed Using Wax Oil

Prodrive Upgrade Calipers Repainted Silver with Godspeed 330x28 Disc's, Bells and Ferodo DS2500 Pads

Subaru 2 Pot Rear Caliper Upgrade Repainted Silver with Brand New Shoes, Springs and Tensioners

Defi's White Faced Gauges Boost, Oil Temp & Oil Pressure Fitted in Rare Zero Sports Pod. (Centre Lid Etc Retained to return to Standard without a Mark.)

Genuine P1 Stamped Backbox

Genuine Plastic Headlight Protectors

£11,000 No Offers

Flat4x4-again 18 May 2015 10:53 AM

A fantastic example of an OEM+ Impreza with authentic, in-keeping upgrades.
Good luck with the sale.

mtb_ed 18 May 2015 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Flat4x4-again (Post 11683678)
A fantastic example of an OEM+ Impreza with authentic, in-keeping upgrades.
Good luck with the sale.

Thanks,

Been quiet so far but when the right buyer arrives they won't be disappointed.

In the mean time I sill get to enjoy it.

stuart148 18 May 2015 02:09 PM

personally I think you will be enjoying it a fair while at 16k

glwts though:-)

poolio74 18 May 2015 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by stuart148 (Post 11683803)

:lol1: The irony

mtb_ed 18 May 2015 07:01 PM

Last of the classics and prices seem to be on the up, I've prices the cars at what lesser cars have sold for with the extras then the spare on top of it.

Then the underside refurbishment cost serious money, time and effort. Over 100 hrs of hard work. So a garage at £50/hr that's £5000 without all these parts.

I believe unless without seeing the car, no advert can do it justice.

fpan 18 May 2015 08:08 PM

Beautiful car and agreed you are a lucky owner that can keep enjoying it for a while longer ;)

F11 SYS 24 May 2015 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by stuart148 (Post 11683803)

:lol1:

the shreksta 24 May 2015 03:21 PM

Why you selling ed?

mtb_ed 25 May 2015 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11686630)
Why you selling ed?

6R4 replica build using Civic Type R Supercharged

Or

Ariel Atom

But not desperate to sell, and will keep if it doesn't sell.

328isport 27 May 2015 08:19 PM

Very nicely done and good luck with the sale, I've seen P1's go for 10k recently nowhere near the level of this one so I don't think it's too far fetched, especially given the dealer rebuild etc, it's the sort of history people will be looking for as the values rise. As you say just need the right person.

mtb_ed 13 June 2015 08:42 AM

Advert Updated!

roary 13 June 2015 11:58 AM

Mileage does not match invoice?

This would indicate 9k on new engine not 25k

Or am I missing something

mtb_ed 13 June 2015 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by roary (Post 11696531)
Mileage does not match invoice?

This would indicate 9k on new engine not 25k

Or am I missing something

Sorry, probably need some explaining. It's on my build thread on another site.

When my engine blew I bought another P1 No 946 and put the engine into mine. The car had 96k on it when I broke it and mine had 80k. Cambelts, tensioner etc where all done on transfer.

Thread here:
http://www.p1oc.co.uk/forum/technica...-ed-s-390-1000

V2Tom 02 July 2015 01:58 AM

Is this beauty still for sale and what's your price at at the moment? Still 13k? Just wondering as I'm in the market for a P1 and viewing one tomorrow that I like a lot, but if it turns out to be a duff I'd be really interested in viewing this. Stunning car from the pictures by the way!!! Well looked after indeed sir!!!

mtb_ed 02 July 2015 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by V2Tom (Post 11705129)
Is this beauty still for sale and what's your price at at the moment? Still 13k? Just wondering as I'm in the market for a P1 and viewing one tomorrow that I like a lot, but if it turns out to be a duff I'd be really interested in viewing this. Stunning car from the pictures by the way!!! Well looked after indeed sir!!!

Hi, yes it is still for sale and the price is negotiable.

Come and have a look, not too far if your West Midlands.

Also don't put your eggs in one basket, view both and choose the one that suits your needs most. These cars vary a lot, modified, standard, condition etc.

The pictures don't do the car justice, been meaning to get some more as the underside refresh makes this car like brand new.mit has cost a small fortune.

beef-on-the-bone 03 July 2015 03:40 PM

is your 6r4 build the red/white one on retro rides??

mtb_ed 07 July 2015 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by beef-on-the-bone (Post 11705900)
is your 6r4 build the red/white one on retro rides??

Unfortunately not, can't start till I have sold my car.

Do you have a link to that one?

Also Advert undated. New Price £12,000 No Offers

beef-on-the-bone 08 July 2015 07:46 PM

here you go

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thre...00/metro-rr350

Lillyart14 11 July 2015 10:52 AM

So tempted with this car, beautiful example. Only problem is, I have a tendency to modify cars to my own specific tastes and wouldn't want to ruin a clean example.

mtb_ed 11 July 2015 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lillyart14 (Post 11709247)
So tempted with this car, beautiful example. Only problem is, I have a tendency to modify cars to my own specific tastes and wouldn't want to ruin a clean example.

Great bases! Underneaths done, just needs a 2.35, GT35 and six speed to be one of the best big power cars around!

fpan 11 July 2015 08:34 PM

Has it been remapped following the rebuilt engine?

mtb_ed 11 July 2015 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by fpan (Post 11709424)
Has it been remapped following the rebuilt engine?

No need as engine as standard.

Do have a spare ECU with Ecutek License on for sale once car goes or can strike a deal with car sale.

carlito 11 July 2015 10:48 PM

GLWTS..worth every penny..would love to have my #979 like this someday :thumb:

mtb_ed 12 July 2015 07:53 PM

After yet another complete time waster today, I will be considering breaking the car.

It won't be happening for a couple of weeks as moving within the next 10 days.

Still a last chance for someone to buy until then.

Thanks all!

rs4adam 12 July 2015 08:07 PM

Can't believe this hasn't been snapped up at 12k

Look at the work that's gone into it!

Yeah there's similar cars for sale at a lower price but very much doubt they will be at this standard, Remember any kind of recon on a car this age, underside overhaul, engine rebuild etc ... Well it's all ££££££ thousands and not hundreds.. That's what potential buyers need to bear in mind!
Poor man pays twice, I'd have it myself but I've got a few other projects on the go!

mtb_ed 15 July 2015 10:12 PM

Right then, disbelief after yet another complete time waster today! No show!

Is no one genuinely interested in this car? Unbelievable considering the hard work and kind comments regard it.

prestigesec 16 July 2015 04:03 PM

People I'm sure are interested in it but just not wanting to pay £12k for it. It might be worth that to you after what you have done to it, but unfortunately it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Someone might well come along it's just going to have to be a waiting game for you. I would imagine most would be wanting to pay £10k Max for it though.

If you don't need the money then stick it out and wait for the right buyer, I'm sure someone will come along.

mtb_ed 16 July 2015 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by prestigesec (Post 11711750)
People I'm sure are interested in it but just not wanting to pay £12k for it. It might be worth that to you after what you have done to it, but unfortunately it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Someone might well come along it's just going to have to be a waiting game for you. I would imagine most would be wanting to pay £10k Max for it though.

If you don't need the money then stick it out and wait for the right buyer, I'm sure someone will come along.

Whilst I appreciate what you are saying it is worth what someone is willing to pay this car is not a 10k car. Have you checked the market to see what is available around that figure? Between 8-10k gets a similar car without a rebuilt engine and certainly not a total underside refresh.

What has been done needs to be seen to be appreciated! Over 100hrs work plus materials, paint and zinc coating have gone into this car. Cars with high power build have sold for in excess of what I'm asking, to which I have to say is cheaper to carry out overall. Yes if you have your own ramp you could argue it can be done for under 5k but pay a garage to do in might require a remortgage.

I personally would prefer a solid bases and doing the underside refresh was to ensure the longevity of the cars life plus reinstate the driving experience with minor touches making it even better.

I am in no rush to sell and will certainly hold out, I could have sold the car at 10k 10 x overs. But what I don't appreciate is continuing time wasters, no shows or 18 something believing insurance will be cheaper than the cost of the car itself.

Whoever buys the car will not be disappointed but will have to want a P1. And on today's market if OE with suitable improvements is what your after my car is currently the best for that on the market. Maybe you need to see to believe but photos don't do the underside justice.

scoobyboy1 16 July 2015 05:35 PM

Problem is, do you think that you could get £12k in bits if you where to break the car??

Such a shame to break it really with all the hard work that's gone into it, just needs that 1 buyer to appreciate the graft you put in and stump up the cash.:thumb: